[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Dec 10, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #1,473 of 3,824
So where should someone pick up a set a these? Amazon US is only listing one set ( doe sit matter if it is the MH1 or MH1C?) - Thanks

Dec 12, 2012 at 3:17 AM Post #1,475 of 3,824
I'm really impressed by these. I wore my W4 all day today studying for a 5pm chem final. I'm up late studying for another final, but with the MH1 in use now and I don't feel like I need to get out my W4.

Dec 12, 2012 at 3:27 AM Post #1,476 of 3,824
Quote:
I'm really impressed by these. I wore my W4 all day today studying for a 5pm chem final. I'm up late studying for another final, but with the MH1 in use now and I don't feel like I need to get out my W4.

how...could you....to the W4.... X_x!!

for the $25 it was a fine purchase but the W4 is still by far more comfortable and better sounding. If you got em, might as well rock em

Dec 12, 2012 at 3:32 AM Post #1,477 of 3,824
Haha, I didn't plan for this. The MH1 just happens to be good enough for me to be content with them. I'm sure it helps that I am using a DAP with a built-in amp too.

Dec 12, 2012 at 3:35 AM Post #1,478 of 3,824
true enough, i take the MH1 out when i know it's a short trip, still amazes me that they are more difficult to drive than the W4 though, portable amp is the last thing on my list to purchase

Dec 13, 2012 at 6:42 AM Post #1,479 of 3,824
ClieOS
Thanks for the education on OMTP (Old Method for Talking on Phones) vs CTIA (Certianly This Is an Apple).

I have a Samsung Focus -Windows phone.

Any suggestions on a good earbud headsert with great mic and volume control - I use my phone as a phone, so hearing people speak and being heard clearly are what matter most to me.

Dec 13, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #1,480 of 3,824
Quote:
Any suggestions on a good earbud headsert with great mic and volume control - I use my phone as a phone, so hearing people speak and being heard clearly are what matter most to me.

Assuming it is CTIA, this might interest you: http://www.head-fi.org/t/634154/stock-headset-shootout-apple-htc-samsung-and-sony

Dec 13, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #1,481 of 3,824
Just bought another MH1C from Ebay........I'm watching the seller on Amazon where I bought my first pair stepping up the price every few days.
It was $19.50 when all the posting started about 1.5 month ago, a couple of days after that it went to $22.90 (which is what I paid), then $26.xx, then 28.xx and now $34.90.........

Hey, its supply and demand and if he can get it.....I bought this last pair for $26.80.

Dec 13, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #1,482 of 3,824
Quote:
Just bought another MH1C from Ebay........I'm watching the seller on Amazon where I bought my first pair stepping up the price every few days.
It was $19.50 when all the posting started about 1.5 month ago, a couple of days after that it went to $22.90 (which is what I paid), then $26.xx, then 28.xx and now $34.90.........

Hey, its supply and demand and if he can get it.....I bought this last pair for $26.80.

Sad to see, that when things go in demand.... prices go up. Thats the world we live in.

Dec 14, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #1,484 of 3,824
Quote:

Yeah, it annoys me they're the only people supplying these IEMs without factory packaging at a *lower* price. They basically have a monopoly right now on "cheap" MH1s.

At $34.90, they're 79% more expensive before they were discovered by Head-Fi. Kind of ridiculous if you think about it...

Dec 15, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #1,485 of 3,824
Okay ClieOS. 

bought into the hype, picked up a pair for $26 shipped. They are pretty much what everyone says. Amazing, bass heavy, really more sub bass than I've ever heard, micro detailed. Great isolation, lousy cable (duh). Funny though because I really don't think microphonics are worse than the Atrios I used to have. If I wear over ear and down the back, which I prefer anyhow since active in most usage, they're fine. 

you've really got me wanting the TDK- BA200 now, but I'm trying to hold out for the SM64.                               

New respect for you and your reviews, I tend to agree with Jokers posts, my ears must hear similar. The sweet/neutral descriptions you use I think can sometimes go either way, but that said, these are pretty amazing. I really am getting a kick out of people complaining about a $5 rise in cost of an earphone that can probably pretty easily compete with something costing 5-10 times as much. 

My ears change day to day, it's why I pack an Etymotic or Re-zero and something dynamic like an ie8 the same day. Sometimes I need the treble, sometimes I want details , and then some days they get anemic.

These are neither of those things and I wouldn't care if I stepped on them other than needing to replace them. May need to pick up a couple sets for gifts. These are great. Hearing tongue clicking on Radiohead songs, reverb, echos from the recording studio, a kick drum that punches like a kick drum! 

Back to experimenting. These are probably terrible with classical, great for my rock/metal/pop/electronic so far. Amazed at the low bleed into the midrange of the bass. I have been increasingly fond of microdrivers and dynamics that can actually fit me, these are great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back