[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Oct 23, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #31 of 3,824
So a quick question because I kinda got lost with the trrs versions. If I get the OMTP version for my Galaxy S I will need an adapter like the one you've linked for it to work on my DAPs  and if I get the CTIA version it will work on my DAPs but I will need a different adapter for it to work with my Galaxy S?

Oct 23, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #32 of 3,824
So a quick question because I kinda got lost with the trrs versions. If I get the OMTP version for my Galaxy S I will need an adapter like the one you've linked for it to work on my DAPs  and if I get the CTIA version it will work on my DAPs but I will need a different adapter for it to work with my Galaxy S?

Exactly.

Oct 23, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #33 of 3,824
That is just PITA and I won't even start on the flat and assymetrical cable and how much I hate that. Anyway, I'll get one and give it a try - I guess I might go for the CTIA version and I think the meelec trrs adapter should make it work on my Galaxy S. May be a good idea to try to get it recabled.

Oct 23, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #34 of 3,824
So any of the $30 bulk sets on eBay (MH1C) are safe to buy? 
etysmile.gif
 They come with 1 pair each of 4 sizes?

Oct 23, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #36 of 3,824
Oct 23, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #38 of 3,824
Quote:
Thanks for all the info. I was stuck between these guys and the UE 350's. Really not a fan of the J-wire and don't want the remote but i can deal with it.

J-cords are awesome! You just gotta wear them correctly XD

Oct 23, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #39 of 3,824
Oct 23, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #42 of 3,824
I'm pretty sure I've heard these headphones. They are/were my brothers.

They weren't bad but to my ears they were not that great- otherwise I would have remembered them more. Well, it was the fit that was an issue. These keep sliding out of my ears for some reason.

Oct 23, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #43 of 3,824
The flat cable is quite a deal breaker, otherwise I might have some interest... I can imagine that with such flat cable it is hard to keep a tight fit such that you have to consistently adjust the fit. Moreover with it not being over the ear, the weight of the flat cable will probably keep dragging the IEM out of ear canal (gravity always wins as Radiohead sings!) Of course with fit I know it is YMMV, but please let me know if anyone is just fine with it regarding fit. I will just take a walk around some mobile phone shops in Hong Kong and I might just get it for USD20. BTW I remember back in the days of Sony Ericsson K750i the headset for the phone sounded quite good. It seems that SE does have a tradition of making good sounding headsets

Oct 24, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #44 of 3,824
The problem with flat cable is the weight of the cable that keeps dragging the earpiece out, and thus it is why you need to wear MH1 over the neck and with the shirt clip. It isn't designed to be wore in any other way.

This might or might not be the case for everyone, but I do recommend at least some high / semi-high volume burn-in before making your final judgement. I do have quite a few pair of these with different time put on them and the one that get the most used definitely has the tightest and most neutral response.. The bass can be overwhelming at first and I do find it settling down with time. There isn't any magic number of hours I can tell you as it seems to improve gradually with more and more use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back