Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Feb 12, 2017 at 1:04 AM Post #4,096 of 7,140
The new wheel was not available when the qp1r was originally developed and developed down the line when work was being down on the next generation of Questyle players. Ideally the qp1r wheel can just be simply upgraded but the problem is that in making a new wheel that there were changes made in the new batch that may not be possible to upgrade on existing units.

We are toying with a number of ideas but certainly if current owners want to throw some suggestions out I would be happy to try to pass it along.

The situation is certainly a bit tricky and while we, Questyle, can't make any promises right now we are certainly having a lot of meetings with the engineering team discussing the matter.

I can understand the problems of upgrading thousands of units.  I'm happy with mine.  But, if the change of internal parts improve the sonic signature, I'd be interested in a possible path to switching up the parts.  But, I'm not in a big panic about it.  I just love the whole concept of the unit right down to the vibrational response, letting me know I activated a button.  I really couldn't ask for more.

Feb 12, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #4,097 of 7,140
My personal suggestion:

Offer a modding service where QP1R owners send in their own units for a small fee for a wheel change , instead of a trade in system, which would definitely be a lot costlier and harder to implement.

In terms of the internal components, I think that could be implemented as well during the modding service as well.

Just my 2 cents.

Feb 12, 2017 at 3:24 AM Post #4,099 of 7,140
But you would end up without your QP1R for a couple of months. I think, just sell it and buy a new one. Whether it's a Questyle will have to wait and see what the improvements are.

That part about not having to have them for the servicing period would be true.

However, time wise, I'm not so sure it would take a few months?

Perhaps, if everyone sent them in all at once, that might overload their engineers. To that point, it could be suggested that a batch system be implemented to send in the units. People register to send theirs in and batch by batch, units are scheduled to be sent in to be serviced. A wheel change wouldn't take months. I'm not sure about changing the internal components tho. But yes definitely not months

Feb 12, 2017 at 6:55 PM Post #4,100 of 7,140

But you would end up without your QP1R for a couple of months. I think, just sell it and buy a new one. Whether it's a Questyle will have to wait and see what the improvements are.

That part about not having to have them for the servicing period would be true.

However, time wise, I'm not so sure it would take a few months?

Perhaps, if everyone sent them in all at once, that might overload their engineers. To that point, it could be suggested that a batch system be implemented to send in the units. People register to send theirs in and batch by batch, units are scheduled to be sent in to be serviced. A wheel change wouldn't take months. I'm not sure about changing the internal components tho. But yes definitely not months

A ticket schedule system could be set up.  (Send your unit within a particular time period).  That's sort of what I've suggested, mainly for the internal upgrade.  That's assuming the parts change brings a significant improvement.  And the wheel, of course, if necessary.

Feb 13, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #4,102 of 7,140
Hello guys, I want to know something, I have the chance to buy a brand new xdp-100r for 180 euros, do you guy think the qp1r sound better then this, idk whta to do, thanks.

From what I read, I always see people saying the QP1R sounds better than the xdp-100r. I say if it is a great price, go for it.

Feb 13, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #4,104 of 7,140
Hello guys, I want to know something, I have the chance to buy a brand new xdp-100r for 180 euros, do you guys think the qp1r sounds better then this, idk what to do, thanks.

First of all : 180 euro is a fantastic price for the xdp-100r , sound quality wise it should be on par with the fiio X5ii i've owned.
When I compared the fiio X5ii side by side with the QP1R at an audio meeting it was obvious within 5 minutes : the QP1R is a significant improvement in the sound quality department.
The all important question is : are you prepared to spend a significant amount of money more to jump from a mid-fi DAP ( like xdp-100r or X5ii ) to a TOTL DAP like the QP1R ?
Even questyle can not escape the law of diminishing returns...
wink.gif

Feb 14, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #4,107 of 7,140
i have sold my qp1r mainly due to wheel and battery indicator issue.

when i heard new qp1r wheel the following question come into my mind.

1. has the batt indicator issue solved ?
2. how well is the wheel be by comparing to fiio x5ii? x5ii wheel is pretty much accurate.

3. i heard people said sound quality has been improved ?

4. netforce said new wheel with other changes, what are they?

pls poison me for me to buy it.

Feb 15, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #4,109 of 7,140
The solution that would satisfy both Questyle and current QP1R owners would be to offer the updated device for close to cost. This way Questyle wouldn't have to take anything back and current owners can keep their devices or sell them and buy one of the updated ones. I think this is fair all around. Users can submit requests to Questyle for some kind of credit voucher and be required to provide the current serial of their device. Once a device has been issued a credit voucher then it can not be used again.

just my .02

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back