Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Jan 11, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #3,931 of 7,140

Works for me with version 1.0.8, and at the time the playlist/favorites section was written, I was on a firmware like 1.0.2.  Your issue is the first that I've heard of - my only suggestion would be to downgrade and see if that helps (search this thread for my Google Drive firmware versions, public releases are all here).  If it doesn't work, you can create playlists manually (I haven't tried it, but I will show you how it looks manually, if anyone has issues, let me know and I'll make changes).

How to create a manual playlist (for the PC, substitute with Mac applications for Mac users)

1.  Open Notepad

2.  Write this (inside quotation marks) - "#EXTM3U"

3.  Press Enter

4.  Each track that you want on your playlist will correspond to the drive location ("a:" is internal, "b:" is left and "c:" is right micro SD card locations) and track name (exactly shown on your internal drive and micro SD card(s).  For instance, one of my playlist songs is:

"#EXTINF:0,07 - Bloodstream.flac
b:\Ed Sheeran\[2015] X [Wembley Edition] [FLAC]\07 - Bloodstream.flac"

The "0,07" means it is the 7th song in the album. "b:" corresponds to the fact that the song is located in my left micro SD card slot ("a:" is internal, "b:" is left and "c:" is right micro SD card locations).

The rest of the track name is the hierarchy of the folder/track path.

5.  Once you are done, save the file as "playlist1".  You can save it as a .txt file.

6.  Exit out of Notepad and navigate to the saved file.  Make sure file extensions are enabled/can be shown.  Change ".txt" to ".m3u".

7.  Place the "playlist1" file in a folder called "playlist" in your internal QP1R drive.

8.  Create additional "playlist[x]" files for additional playlists, if you choose, all placed in the "playlist" folder in your internal QP1R drive.

Thanks a ton, Sir!
Manual playlist creation is good enough (and the fact that I'm more comfortable of creating a Playlist on the PC rather than manually adding song 1 by 1 on the device).

Really appreciate your effort to help out :)

Only two things I can think to ask, both just to cover all bases. The Home key is the little house shape upper left of the scroll wheel. The other is that the toolbar is located just above that Home key on the display going horizontally from the left side. Assuming that is what you are pressing and where you are looking, I would guess it is problem with the key hardware.

Yeah, basic 101 :)

I do hope it was not a hardware problem though..
Will try a couple of FW as workaround as suggested by Mr. Moe, if still not helping out, hope the manual Playlist creation helps.

Thank you for your response, Sir!

Jan 11, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #3,932 of 7,140

Thanks a ton, Sir!
Manual playlist creation is good enough (and the fact that I'm more comfortable of creating a Playlist on the PC rather than manually adding song 1 by 1 on the device).

Really appreciate your effort to help out :)

Yeah, basic 101 :)

I do hope it was not a hardware problem though..
Will try a couple of FW as workaround as suggested by Mr. Moe, if still not helping out, hope the manual Playlist creation helps.

Thank you for your response, Sir!

Anytime!  I wanted to post a response before going to work for the day, so hope the explanation was/will be good enough for those who want/need to add playlist(s) manually.

Cheers

Jan 12, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #3,933 of 7,140
Our small group in Thailand
https://www.facebook.com/groups/389185038082846/?fref=ts

Jan 12, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #3,934 of 7,140
Jan 12, 2017 at 10:20 PM Post #3,935 of 7,140
Very nice!

For those that may have missed it, here is the official Questyle USA VIP Owners Club: https://m.facebook.com/groups/237379523276631

Thank you I will post the facebook link in my Group

Jan 13, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #3,936 of 7,140
Currently have HEK 1000 V2 and a QP1R DAP capable of storing over 400GB of flac files. I like the sound but not enough power to drive the HEK often requiring max volume on high gain setting and clips. So added a iFI micro ican SE. This is a transportable amp with amazing power for a small device and can drive the HEK to higher volumes and has a bass boost switch. Unfortunately, it needs a wall outlet with no built in battery. This combo sounds good for now as a transportable set up while away or moving room to room on my home but wanting to hear what others have come up with as their best transportable stack, for these cans at any price? The Mojo DAC has rave reviews but not sure can drive the HEK to high enough volume without another amp. Much more expensive DAPS also seem limited with an additional amp further adding to a bulky stack for mobility. I also want to be able to stream the likes of TIDAL eventually when away from home on vacation. Please tell me what options are out there to really get the most out of the HEK. THANKS

Jan 15, 2017 at 4:09 AM Post #3,939 of 7,140
experienced a problem with 1.0.8 for my qp1r.
qp1r auto shutdown upon inserting into the 3.5mm jack and cannot be switched on when is inserted.
pls advise.
have downgraded to 1.0.7 as such.
cheers.

Jan 18, 2017 at 12:51 AM Post #3,940 of 7,140
Is my only solution the Astell&Kern AK380 Copper + AMP // High Resolution Music Player w/ AMP
$ 4,999.00??

The Astell and Kern may not have enough power, check to see if a local dealer may have one to audition so you can give it a shot.

experienced a problem with 1.0.8 for my qp1r.
qp1r auto shutdown upon inserting into the 3.5mm jack and cannot be switched on when is inserted.
pls advise.
have downgraded to 1.0.7 as such.
cheers.

Yikes, sounds like a real issue. May need to send it in for repair. Contact your dealer and they should be able to help you out.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jan 18, 2017 at 3:55 AM Post #3,941 of 7,140
  How to create a manual playlist (for the PC, substitute with Mac applications for Mac users)

1.  Open Notepad

2.  Write this (inside quotation marks) - "#EXTM3U"

3.  Press Enter

4.  Each track that you want on your playlist will correspond to the drive location ("a:" is internal, "b:" is left and "c:" is right micro SD card locations) and track name (exactly shown on your internal drive and micro SD card(s).  For instance, one of my playlist songs is:

"#EXTINF:0,07 - Bloodstream.flac
b:\Ed Sheeran\[2015] X [Wembley Edition] [FLAC]\07 - Bloodstream.flac"

The "0,07" means it is the 7th song in the album. "b:" corresponds to the fact that the song is located in my left micro SD card slot ("a:" is internal, "b:" is left and "c:" is right micro SD card locations).

The rest of the track name is the hierarchy of the folder/track path.

5.  Once you are done, save the file as "playlist1".  You can save it as a .txt file.

6.  Exit out of Notepad and navigate to the saved file.  Make sure file extensions are enabled/can be shown.  Change ".txt" to ".m3u".

7.  Place the "playlist1" file in a folder called "playlist" in your internal QP1R drive.

8.  Create additional "playlist[x]" files for additional playlists, if you choose, all placed in the "playlist" folder in your internal QP1R drive.

So I tried to make a manual playlist on my laptop and it works!
But instead of totally manual "scripting" as how Sir Moe explained above, I used the help of Windows Media Player (WMP) to make life easier:)

Here's how you do it:
1. Plug your QP1R in USB mode to laptop
2. Open WMP in a Playlist mode

3. Drag all files you desired from your QP1R to the new playlist in WMP

4. Click the small options button and select Save List As... Then save it as Playlist1 or Playlist2, and so on, and select the format to be *.m3u

5. Open the saved Playlist1.m3u file in Notepad.
    Here we can see that the drive part is "somewhere" depending on usb port where you plugged the QP1R. e.g. f:\Accoustic\Andy Mckee Dreamcatcher\01 Common ground.mp3
    Amend that drive to A (internal memory) or B (SD Card Slot 1) or C (SD Card Slot 2) one by one, depending where you save the file in your QP1R. e.g. b:\Accoustic\Andy Mckee Dreamcatcher\01 Common ground.mp3

Sample of my playlist1.m3u file containing all my Rock/Metal songs

6. Save the file and put it in your QP1R internal memory, inside Playlist folder, and voila! Your playlist is ready to go.

Jan 18, 2017 at 4:01 AM Post #3,942 of 7,140
Great job, ipush! And yes you're right, total script mode - brought me back to my last job where I used to script and image technology.

Jan 18, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #3,944 of 7,140
I guess I could also get it from my hard drive since my QP1R cards are exact copies, then change the drive letters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back