Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Jan 10, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #3,916 of 7,140
  yes it does. I just recently received a cable from BTG Audio with the Via blue connector to go with my 846's but I sent it back for a right angle instead. I didn't like how the cable stuck out off the QP1R (I commute everyday to NYC so I like my gear to be as incognito as possible).

and I guess this is now my first public post! 

Just want to say this board is awesome and guys like Moedawg were extremely helpful with their posts regarding Sensaphonics and the QP1R and headphone pairings. Right now my current rig is Sensaphonics full sleeves/ SE846s > Moon Audio Black Dragon cable > QP1R and I couldn't be happier. I was planning on posting some of my findings/opinions in the coming days but I figured I'd answer your question Bambule since I literally just sent the Via Blue cable back.

Welcome to Head-Fi and congrats on your first post!

Those that have posted in this thread (especially in a cordial/encouraging manner) are very much appreciated!

Your auditory combo should stand the test of time, as the SE846 is so customizable, especially with the Knowles Dampers, which does change the sound to a signature that you would like the most.  What color did you go for with your SCS? 

Looking forward to reading your findings/opinions.

Cheers

Jan 10, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #3,917 of 7,140
Would you mind show a picture of the right angled jacks?

Mine via blue doesn't fit well, and I am afraid of leverage effects, so searching for an solution..

If your cable is heavy, I suggest you choose a right angled jack. Also, I notice that straight hacks are prone to damage when the cables are tugged hard when they are caught in something, common when you have a cluttered environment or even in public transport.

I had a straight jack that slowly started to bend to one side after one too many tugs and some weight put on it ( my cable was long and I let it hang usually, causing it to put pressure on the jack ). A right angled jack usually solves the problem... but alas it can bother some people when using them, as they hit the volume protector ( at least in my case ).

Jan 10, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #3,918 of 7,140

Welcome to Head-Fi and congrats on your first post!

Those that have posted in this thread (especially in a cordial/encouraging manner) are very much appreciated!

Your auditory combo should stand the test of time, as the SE846 is so customizable, especially with the Knowles Dampers, which does change the sound to a signature that you would like the most.  What color did you go for with your SCS? 

Looking forward to reading your findings/opinions.

Cheers

I am using the Shure blues for now. I listen to mostly Grateful Dead sbd's (The 77 Betty Boards sound unreal) and Phish Aud's (FOB Schoeps) and it seems like a good balance. I would consider the Knowles but I really don't want to get too involved in modifications. If I could buy it already assembled I would check them out. I've actually had the 846's for a couple of years and I could never get the right fit. The Sensaphonics really solved that problem. I went with the default clear since I wanted them to blend as much as possible. No yellow yet! Once I got the isolation issues resolved, I needed the right player to power the headphones. I read every page of this thread and it was clear I had to get the QP1R. So I was lucky enough to purchase a used one from a board member in December. Since then I have been loading up my SD cards with music and rocking this setup every morning and night on my commute and its been fantastic. One thing I did learn recently is, you have to bump the gain to M or L for many of these audience recordings that aren't normalized or remastered. 

Jan 10, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #3,920 of 7,140
  Hi All

I have a Questyle QP1R DAP and Fidue Sirius A91 IEM's. Has anyone compared the Fidue's against the Shure SE846 in the same system, be it on the same DAP or desktop setup, giving a good comparison?

Regards

Darren

Are you trying to decide on whether or not to get the 846's?

Jan 10, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #3,921 of 7,140
 ​

Toolbar options from the "Now Playing" screen

You are able to add a favorite, add a track to a playlist or or delete a track, by accessing these toolbar options via the "Now Playing" menu.  

The process is as follows:

1.  Hold the "Home" button while on the "Now Playing" screen for approximately/at least 1.5 seconds. 

2.  While pressing, you will receive haptic feedback that will feel like three vibrations, one from the button press, and then two more in quick succession (if you turned vibrations off via "Vibrate" setting, you will not feel the vibrations).  The toolbar will appear after approximately 1.5 seconds.  You can technically get away with feeling only one quick vibration if you have a quick finger/thumb, because the toolbar will pop up in between the first vibration and the second (and subsequent third quick) vibrations.

3.  The toolbar will pop up and you can choose to add favorite, add to playlist or delete a track by turning the wheel clockwise to move to the right, and turning the wheel counter-clockwise to move to the left.  You can also move to the left and right using the "Track Previous/Up” button to move to the right and the “Track Next/Down” button to move to the left.

4. You can exit the toolbar options by pressing the "Back" button or holding the "Home" button again for approximately/at least 1.5 seconds.

How to add to favorites

Add to favorites icon

Press the center button while add favorite (Heart icon) is chosen/illuminated, and the current playing/paused track will save the track as a favorite.  The favorites can be viewed/played via "Favorite" category via "Home" menu.

How to add to a playlist

Add playlist icon

Press center button while add playlist (plus icon) is chosen/illuminated, and you will arrive at the "Playlist" screen.  When you add a track for the first time, you will only see "New Playlist".  

I tried to create a Playlist for the first time this morning and realized that my QP1R/Firmware is not behaving as description above.

I hold the home button a couple of seconds while at the Now Playing screen, but NO toolbar pops up and no haptic vibration at all (Vibrate = On in System Settings). Nothing happened.

Play/Pause with a single click is ok (no vibration upon this clicking).
Vibration only occurs for the 4 sensor buttons.

Anyone has experienced this issue? And how to fix it?

Ps:
Running at FW 1.0.7

Jan 11, 2017 at 6:14 AM Post #3,925 of 7,140
Had a brainwave.

Despite the sticker which was applied on the wheel when I bought the QP1R, the wheel still slips very often. I'm guessing it's probably not as bad as without the sticker, but definitely not ideal. I bought some puffy stickers for my kid this morning and decided to take one of those and stick it to the wheel. Now it turns perfectly as there's something to properly 'grip'. Awesome!

Not sure if this has already been suggested before but, if not, a possible 'hack' for peeps out there still struggling with a slipping wheel like I was.

As an aside, now that I can feel every turn of the wheel, it really feels like the machining internally around the wheel (what I assume must be the meshing teeth) is pretty rough. 

Jan 11, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #3,926 of 7,140
I bought some puffy stickers for my kid this morning and decided to take one of those and stick it to the wheel. Now it turns perfectly as there's something to properly 'grip'. Awesome!  
Not sure if this has already been suggested before but, if not, a possible 'hack' for peeps out there still struggling with a slipping wheel like I was.

As an aside, now that I can feel every turn of the wheel, it really feels like the machining internally around the wheel (what I assume must be the meshing teeth) is pretty rough. 

Just what I've been looking for. Where did you get the stickies?

Jan 11, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #3,927 of 7,140

Just what I've been looking for. Where did you get the stickies?

I'm in the UK. Paperchase does loads of these. You can get a unicorn one too if you want 
wink.gif

Jan 11, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #3,928 of 7,140
  Yeah I'm aware about that, but does that mean there is such a bug in 1.0.7?
Or possibly some other reason?

I will try to upgrade the firmware tonight though..

So, I have updated my firmware to 1.0.8 but the problem is not solved :/
The toolbar of add to favorite/playlist won't come out upon holding the home key.

Anyone could help? Please?

Jan 11, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #3,929 of 7,140

I tried to create a Playlist for the first time this morning and realized that my QP1R/Firmware is not behaving as description above.

I hold the home button a couple of seconds while at the Now Playing screen, but NO toolbar pops up and no haptic vibration at all (Vibrate = On in System Settings). Nothing happened.

Play/Pause with a single click is ok (no vibration upon this clicking).
Vibration only occurs for the 4 sensor buttons.

Anyone has experienced this issue? And how to fix it?

Ps:
Running at FW 1.0.7

Yeah I'm aware about that, but does that mean there is such a bug in 1.0.7?
Or possibly some other reason?

I will try to upgrade the firmware tonight though..

The toolbar of add to favorite/playlist won't come out upon holding the home key.

Works for me with version 1.0.8, and at the time the playlist/favorites section was written, I was on a firmware like 1.0.2.  Your issue is the first that I've heard of - my only suggestion would be to downgrade and see if that helps (search this thread for my Google Drive firmware versions, public releases are all here).  If it doesn't work, you can create playlists manually (I haven't tried it, but I will show you how it looks manually, if anyone has issues, let me know and I'll make changes).

How to create a manual playlist (for the PC, substitute with Mac applications for Mac users)

1.  Open Notepad

2.  Write this (inside quotation marks) - "#EXTM3U"

3.  Press Enter

4.  Each track that you want on your playlist will correspond to the drive location ("a:" is internal, "b:" is left and "c:" is right micro SD card locations) and track name (exactly shown on your internal drive and micro SD card(s).  For instance, one of my playlist songs is:

"#EXTINF:0,07 - Bloodstream.flac
b:\Ed Sheeran\[2015] X [Wembley Edition] [FLAC]\07 - Bloodstream.flac"

The "0,07" means it is the 7th song in the album. "b:" corresponds to the fact that the song is located in my left micro SD card slot ("a:" is internal, "b:" is left and "c:" is right micro SD card locations).

The rest of the track name is the hierarchy of the folder/track path.

5.  Once you are done, save the file as "playlist1".  You can save it as a .txt file.

6.  Exit out of Notepad and navigate to the saved file.  Make sure file extensions are enabled/can be shown.  Change ".txt" to ".m3u".

7.  Place the "playlist1" file in a folder called "playlist" in your internal QP1R drive.

8.  Create additional "playlist[x]" files for additional playlists, if you choose, all placed in the "playlist" folder in your internal QP1R drive.

Jan 11, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #3,930 of 7,140

Only two things I can think to ask, both just to cover all bases. The Home key is the little house shape upper left of the scroll wheel. The other is that the toolbar is located just above that Home key on the display going horizontally from the left side. Assuming that is what you are pressing and where you are looking, I would guess it is problem with the key hardware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back