Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Jan 5, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #3,886 of 7,140

Congrats for having found your dream DAP! You won't miss much of the WM1A or WM1Z, as they are just slightly different tuning vs QP1R, and some may like the sound of WM, while some may prefer the QP1R.

Sold my QP1R though, as I prefer something more musical than QP1R. It is really nice sounding, just not my preference.

Thanks man, indeed QP1R is a good sounding player.
Only UI side needs improvements at the moment (and gosh I do really missed some physical buttons!).

I wonder which DAP you are using and referring as a more-musical-DAP? :)

Left house at 5:07am,
Turned on QP1R,
90% battery left,
At 5:36am QP1R turned off
No power left, would not even boot up,
Got to work and plug it in to charge,
The battery indicator immediately read 44%

Wow ... that number needs to be reset or something

So when is that new firmware fix for this coming?
It must be something tough to do ... would it be easier to give us a 'reset function' so we can do it ourselves once things get out of whack?

I ran a battery test on my player yesterday: starting at 100% -> playing for 6.5 hrs non stop -> left with 42%.
I'm resuming my test now and post here for the update :)

Ps:
Test is performed at low-gain at 20-ish volume level (for common BA iem) and playing lossless 16bit 44.1khz files i.e. .wav and .flac

Jan 6, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #3,889 of 7,140

Thanks man, indeed QP1R is a good sounding player.
Only UI side needs improvements at the moment (and gosh I do really missed some physical buttons!).

I wonder which DAP you are using and referring as a more-musical-DAP? :)

I ran a battery test on my player yesterday: starting at 100% -> playing for 6.5 hrs non stop -> left with 42%.
I'm resuming my test now and post here for the update :)

Ps:
Test is performed at low-gain at 20-ish volume level (for common BA iem) and playing lossless 16bit 44.1khz files i.e. .wav and .flac

Had the QP1R for a while as my most recent DAP, found it very detailed, with good built quality (except the dial), but could not get the imaging that I was looking for. My test requirement after owning/selling different high end DAPs is how engaging or how tiring sound the DAPs produce. Could not listen to QP1R for a long period. But I found it slightly better in this aspect than players like Opus#1.

Not a problem of QP1R, as it is one of the better DAPs. Just a problem of my hearing. Enjoy DAPs that can listen for a long time without fatigue. That is how I define musicality.

Jan 6, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #3,890 of 7,140
Had the QP1R for a while as my most recent DAP, found it very detailed, with good built quality (except the dial), but could not get the imaging that I was looking for. My test requirement after owning/selling different high end DAPs is how engaging or how tiring sound the DAPs produce. Could not listen to QP1R for a long period. But I found it slightly better in this aspect than players like Opus#1.

Not a problem of QP1R, as it is one of the better DAPs. Just a problem of my hearing. Enjoy DAPs that can listen for a long time without fatigue. That is how I define musicality.

So what DAPs are you enjoying most?

Jan 6, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #3,891 of 7,140
My QP1R just went down to 7%. Then i released him (so maybe he would have go down even further).
As normally it shuts down by 30 percent, this is a marvelous thing...
(Although still, it's maybe 30 minutes from 50 percent to 7 percent.)

Jan 7, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #3,893 of 7,140
If I were to get a second DAP ... which one would be a good fit to own along with the QP1R? Nothing like having options

Since my current QP1R is one of the first ones to be made .. if I were to purchase another one would there be any improvement with regards to the battery indicator? (maybe there would be a better sensor in the newer unit?)

Jan 7, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #3,894 of 7,140
If I were to get a second DAP ... which one would be a good fit to own along with the QP1R? Nothing like having options

Since my current QP1R is one of the first ones to be made .. if I were to purchase another one would there be any improvement with regards to the battery indicator? (maybe there would be a better sensor in the newer unit?)

My QP1R was bought recently in Nov 2016 before it was sold around a month later.

During my 1month usage, I did not encounter any problem with the battery indicator at all. Can charge until 100% full, and after playing for the standard hours, the battery indicator displayed a correct reduction normally. Didn't wait for the DAP to completely used up the battery to zero. I recharge it normally at 10% battery left. Latest production set though.

Perhaps the latest batch may have resolved the battery indicator issue?

Jan 7, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #3,895 of 7,140

My QP1R was bought recently in Nov 2016 before it was sold around a month later.

During my 1month usage, I did not encounter any problem with the battery indicator at all. Can charge until 100% full, and after playing for the standard hours, the battery indicator displayed a correct reduction normally. Didn't wait for the DAP to completely used up the battery to zero. I recharge it normally at 10% battery left. Latest production set though.

Perhaps the latest batch may have resolved the battery indicator issue?

Maybe the battery indicator (bug) was the result of one of the FW updates (fix/add a feature, break something else) and will be resolved in a future FW update.

Jan 7, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #3,896 of 7,140
My first unit was bought in May 16, was replaced around Oct 16 (because the first one was really bad in indicating the battery status)
Second unit started out fine, and I thought problems with battery indicator were gone. A month or two in use the indicator started to behave similar to my first unit.
In conclusion I don't think the newer units have solved the problem.

Jan 7, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #3,897 of 7,140

My battery indicator was always fine until I upgraded the firmware to 1.06.  It hasn't worked since.  I don't think the problem is related to your hardware.

Jan 8, 2017 at 4:34 AM Post #3,899 of 7,140
Today, I went to try the Sony WM1A and to compare with my own QP1R.

I find WM1A is more warm than QP1R. I am using the same song, Desperado. I hear more details from QP1R as compare to WM1A. Therefore, I hear more air from QP1R than WM1A. The pronounce of 's' is more in QP1R.

Overall, I prefer QP1R signature than Sony WM1A as I hear more detail and layers from QP1R. I am so glad as it kills my desire to buy a new dap like WM1A. Now, I even more appreciate QP1R. Ha...!

Jan 8, 2017 at 5:30 AM Post #3,900 of 7,140
Today, I went to try the Sony WM1A and to compare with my own QP1R.

I find WM1A is more warm than QP1R. I am using the same song, Desperado. I hear more details from QP1R as compare to WM1A. Therefore, I hear more air from QP1R than WM1A. The pronounce of 's' is more in QP1R.

Overall, I prefer QP1R signature than Sony WM1A as I hear more detail and layers from QP1R. I am so glad as it kills my desire to buy a new dap like WM1A. Now, I even more appreciate QP1R. Ha...!
i find qp1r vocal rather dry while wm1a is much more sweet.

and did you compare it with 4.4mm port or 3.5mm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back