Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Jun 3, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #7,067 of 7,140
I have a question maybe someone here can help with. My QP1R is loaded with a SD Card that contains over 4,000 .wav songs. I recorded the individual songs from CD's into my computer. Then, copied the songs onto the SD card. Everything works fine. The files sound wonderful on the QP1R.

But, there is a very large volume difference from one song to the next. Some songs are very loud and some songs are not. That's the way the CD's are too. Some have pumped up volume (think Lenny Kravitz) and older ones (like Bob Seger) play back at a much softer volume level. Is there a way to normalize the volume of over 4,000 .wav file songs so that so that they all play at relatively the same volume level? Some software perhaps that could do that? I only have Windows Media Player on my computer, that is how I burned the songs from the CD's to the SD card in the first place.

Jun 3, 2020 at 4:20 PM Post #7,068 of 7,140
I have a question maybe someone here can help with. My QP1R is loaded with a SD Card that contains over 4,000 .wav songs. I recorded the individual songs from CD's into my computer. Then, copied the songs onto the SD card. Everything works fine. The files sound wonderful on the QP1R.

But, there is a very large volume difference from one song to the next. Some songs are very loud and some songs are not. That's the way the CD's are too. Some have pumped up volume (think Lenny Kravitz) and older ones (like Bob Seger) play back at a much softer volume level. Is there a way to normalize the volume of over 4,000 .wav file songs so that so that they all play at relatively the same volume level? Some software perhaps that could do that? I only have Windows Media Player on my computer, that is how I burned the songs from the CD's to the SD card in the first place.

You could use a converter and convert them to flac and set a DSP effect ReplayGain, which will make all music from different CDs, sound similar in volume. I use dbPoweramp.

Here is the setup page explaining replaygain. https://www.dbpoweramp.com/cd-ripper-setup-guide.htm

DbPoweramp is not free, but it is very good. Converting your music will not take long.

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/

I am not aware of a setting within the QP1R that will do it, but it does recognize the replaygain tag.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #7,069 of 7,140
+1 on above dBPoweramp is a very good program for ripping and converting. Agree nothing on the player will fix it either. Newer stuff will almost always sound much louder than older recordings due to the ‘Loudness War” as it’s called.

Jun 3, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #7,070 of 7,140
Bought new foam and set up the Pelican case to hold both QP1R and QP2R along with the portable charger, cables and a wall charger to recharge the portable battery.

0B052F52-10E5-4DEA-A378-9E9CA06C950C.jpeg

Sep 4, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #7,071 of 7,140
Hello. Tell me how to fix a very annoying problem. At the moment of low (or medium) charge level, when trying to connect headphones, the player simply turns off. How can I fix this?

Sep 12, 2020 at 1:33 AM Post #7,072 of 7,140
Hello. Tell me how to fix a very annoying problem. At the moment of low (or medium) charge level, when trying to connect headphones, the player simply turns off. How can I fix this?

Charge it fully and it should work. If the battery indicator has issues (the old batch issue that is) then the battery randomly gets dead while showing arbitrary charge levels. So I just recharge it and then it works fine upon restart.

Oct 6, 2020 at 12:19 AM Post #7,074 of 7,140
If anyone wants a QP1R gold in perfect condition and great battery health for a good price, let me know. I’ve barely used it and it needs a caring home :)

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Oct 28, 2020 at 3:05 AM Post #7,077 of 7,140
Location and price?
If you are trying to sell this item, you are not exactly inspiring confidence by not replying to my text of three weeks ago requesting information that you should have included in your first message. Item location and price. You have made 11 posts since the QP1R advert. If you can't be bothered neither can I. Interest is withdrawn.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2020 at 2:58 AM Post #7,079 of 7,140
I have a brand new and immaculate QP1R in Gold for sale, it's the newer version, it's has never been used or taken out of the box apart from updating to the latest software and testing that it worked okay playing the demo tracks and checking the battery status now and again.

I also have a QP2R in Silver in the same condition.

I originally got them to give to my best friend who was going thru a bad time, however he did not want them. The reason these have not been used is I am using a QP2R in Gold plus my other Daps.

Please noteI am not interested in any offers as I am looking to get back what I paid for them and not desperate to sell them and if there is no interest I will just keep them. Furthermore I doubt you will find anywhere a brand new unused QP1R and QP2R still available.

Photo's on request.

Nov 6, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #7,080 of 7,140
Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back