REVIEW: Ostry KC06
Jun 7, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #2,116 of 2,536
Can anyone give me a slight comparison between the Astrotec Ax35 and the KC06?

Jun 7, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #2,117 of 2,536
The only thing the Ax35 does better is bass quantity and thats all. For me everything else the KC06 does better. Clarity, airy vocals, instrument separation, awesome mids, sweet highs. I feel that the Ax35 is smhw V-shaped, the mids is slightly recessed and Ab'ing the ax35 and kc06 proves this clearly. I have grown on the KC06 ever since and I actually prefer the bass quality and texture on the KC06 now. In short I'd take the Ostry KC06 anyday over the Ax35, I barely use my Ax35 now ever since i got my KC06. If those 2 are your only options I'd highly recommend the Ostry 
wink.gif

Jun 7, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #2,118 of 2,536
  The only thing the Ax35 does better is bass quantity and thats all. For me everything else the KC06 does better. Clarity, airy vocals, instrument separation, awesome mids, sweet highs. I feel that the Ax35 is smhw V-shaped, the mids is slightly recessed and Ab'ing the ax35 and kc06 proves this clearly. I have grown on the KC06 ever since and I actually prefer the bass quality and texture on the KC06 now. In short I'd take the Ostry KC06 anyday over the Ax35, I barely use my Ax35 now ever since i got my KC06. If those 2 are your only options I'd highly recommend the Ostry 
wink.gif

+1 . i have both too btw. 

Jun 8, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #2,119 of 2,536
wink.gif

Hhaha I'm also looking at the new Vsonic VSD3, but there is only gonna be more stocks at the end of this month... I'd probably just get the KC06a instead though

Jun 8, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #2,122 of 2,536
I received the KC06 & the Tenore both in the same week and since the beginning I was reaching for the Zero Audio IEM so I decide to put the Ostry on the exercise cycle and let them burn for two days. Today I connected them to my DX50 and listening to the Eagle album Hell Freezes Over and the first thing that shock me was how the bass was now full and more detailed. Now the KC06 have great extension of both extreme and the mid are oh so good. Time for the Tenore to go on the treadmill. ;^P

Jun 9, 2014 at 1:33 AM Post #2,124 of 2,536
What is the difference In sound between the two?...I have the KC06 and love them so I will be looking at the "A" version when they come out again...

to my ears, the kc06A's sound is similar to the kc06 but with more bass and treble. when i plug the kc06A into my sony f800, the bass is a little bit too much for my but with colorfly c3 its perfect

Jun 9, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #2,125 of 2,536
I received the KC06 & the Tenore both in the same week and since the beginning I was reaching for the Zero Audio IEM so I decide to put the Ostry on the exercise cycle and let them burn for two days. Today I connected them to my DX50 and listening to the Eagle album Hell Freezes Over and the first thing that shock me was how the bass was now full and more detailed. Now the KC06 have great extension of both extreme and the mid are oh so good. Time for the Tenore to go on the treadmill. ;^P

I've been doing the exact opposite.  I also got them both at the same time, and since the beginning was reaching for KC06.  There was no reason to switch to the Tenore.. the few times that I did I would switch back immediately bc they just didn't sound right.  Or rather, I saw no reason to switch to them. 

But then their hype train took off, so for the last week+ I've been using the Tenore.  They're pretty good for certain types of music, but the purpose here is to burn-in my brain to Tenore sound and then see what happens if I listen to KC06. 

Jun 9, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #2,126 of 2,536

I've been doing the exact opposite.  I also got them both at the same time, and since the beginning was reaching for KC06.  There was no reason to switch to the Tenore.. the few times that I did I would switch back immediately bc they just didn't sound right.  Or rather, I saw no reason to switch to them. 

But then their hype train took off, so for the last week+ I've been using the Tenore.  They're pretty good for certain types of music, but the purpose here is to burn-in my brain to Tenore sound and then see what happens if I listen to KC06. 

As much as I love the Tenores (which I had to send back for exchange btw) and get my brain burnt into them, whenever I switch back to the KC06's I'm equally as happy. They are both great. 

Jun 9, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #2,127 of 2,536
I'm looking to see if there's a bigger reaction.

KC06 for 2 weeks to Tenore > "Hmm.. okay, that's pretty good"
Tenore for 2 weeks to KC06 > Same?  or "WOWOWOWOW".  We will soon see..

Jun 10, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #2,128 of 2,536
I'm looking to see if there's a bigger reaction.

KC06 for 2 weeks to Tenore > "Hmm.. okay, that's pretty good"
Tenore for 2 weeks to KC06 > Same?  or "WOWOWOWOW".  We will soon see..

Didn't quit understand... Are you going to give the kc06 a 2 week break?

Anyways, I'm with wanes world. They are both great, but the tenores have something special going for them.

I'd like more bass sometimes, does the kc06 have highs that remain smooth?

Jun 10, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #2,129 of 2,536
I've given KC06 about 10 days' break so far.  Give me a few more days of Tenore and then I'll see how KC06 sound with my brain burnt to Tenores.  What I'm saying is that when I did the same in reverse, I wasn't blown away by Tenores.  

I'm not sure that you're agreeing with Wayne's World unless I've misunderstood his post.  But I do agree that both very good with few flaws between the two of them.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back