REVIEW: Ostry KC06
May 1, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #1,486 of 2,536
  Mine arrived yesterday ... it took over two weeks!

Congrats! And nice pics! Due to your above pic, I can finally see where the L/R markings are lol! Fortunately I had it right in spite of not having seen them before :)

May 1, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #1,487 of 2,536

Did they arrive? I'm counting on your noobish ears to help make my decision to try one or the other. :)

They've arrived.  It's going to take some time to give a full comparison between the two.  I've started mostly with KC06. 

I will say this about KC06.  They're euphoric.  I wore them to bed last night and when I closed my eyes, there were moments when I felt like I left my body and had travelled into the studio where the artists were recording the album.  I could float around from one instrument to the next, and visit one vocalist at a time.  Everything was so clear.  It was like an awakening for me.  The crazy thing is I couldn't sleep, my heart was racing in the excitement of what I was listening to.

Now you're thinking -- ebrian is on drugs.  No, I'm not on drugs unless you consider Ostry KC06 a drug.

The Ostry KC06 are gooood.  Very good.  The clarity is fantastic.  Bass is not basshead level.. i think it lacks the "thump", but it's there.  I mean you can hear all the ranges; it's just not thumping into your ear like a basshead iem would.  The soundstage is decent, not mindblowing like S680, but it's there.  The mids, highs, lows are all great.  Timbre is stellar.  I've tried wearing them over the top and normal, it's about the same.  I'm using the Sony Hybrid greens right now.  Heirs are on the way but it could take another month for all I know.  While I was lying there I felt a tinge of guilt because of the "eargasms" I was experiencing over and over again.  I felt like I was cheating on my wife. 

I listen to all sorts of music -- Lorde, American Authors, Kelly Clarkson, Alabama Shakes, Imagine Dragons, Dr. Dre -- currently on my playlist.

Hype on friends, hype on!

May 1, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #1,488 of 2,536

Congrats! And nice pics! Due to your above pic, I can finally see where the L/R markings are lol! Fortunately I had it right in spite of not having seen them before :)

yeah...you need glasses to see the L or R !

These go together with the X3 (latest firmware) like: BREAD and BUTTER!!!!

You're gonna be pleased!!!!!!!

May 1, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #1,489 of 2,536

They've arrived.  It's going to take some time to give a full comparison between the two.  I've started mostly with KC06. 

I will say this about KC06.  They're euphoric.  I wore them to bed last night and when I closed my eyes, there were moments when I felt like I left my body and had travelled into the studio where the artists were recording the album.  I could float around from one instrument to the next, and visit one vocalist at a time.  Everything was so clear.  It was like an awakening for me.  The crazy thing is I couldn't sleep, my heart was racing in the excitement of what I was listening to.

Now you're thinking -- ebrian is on drugs.  No, I'm not on drugs unless you consider Ostry KC06 a drug.

The Ostry KC06 are gooood.  Very good.  The clarity is fantastic.  Bass is not basshead level.. i think it lacks the "thump", but it's there.  I mean you can hear all the ranges; it's just not thumping into your ear like a basshead iem would.  The soundstage is decent, not mindblowing like S680, but it's there.  The mids, highs, lows are all great.  Timbre is stellar.  I've tried wearing them over the top and normal, it's about the same.  I'm using the Sony Hybrid greens right now.  Heirs are on the way but it could take another month for all I know.  While I was lying there I felt a tinge of guilt because of the "eargasms" I was experiencing over and over again.  I felt like I was cheating on my wife. 

I listen to all sorts of music -- Lorde, American Authors, Kelly Clarkson, Alabama Shakes, Imagine Dragons, Dr. Dre -- currently on my playlist.

You leave Kelly Clarkson out of this!

May 1, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #1,490 of 2,536

Nope. I was thinking "Cool, someone else had the same experience as me!"
beerchug.gif

May 1, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #1,494 of 2,536

The Ostry KC06 are gooood.  Very good.  The clarity is fantastic. 

The KC06 is not my "best" IEM...but it is my FAVORITE IEM. 

I might sell my other IEMs to buy more KC06s. 

It's like falling in love with an average looking girl with a great personality and super sense of humor...and dumping your gorgeous but conceited girlfriend who gives you nothing but pain. 

May 1, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #1,495 of 2,536

It's like falling in love with an average looking girl with a great personality and super sense of humor...and dumping your gorgeous but conceited girlfriend who gives you nothing but pain. 

Beautiful! I've been doing a bit of ab'ing with the M200's, and basically they are both great. Slightly different SQ characteristics, and it may simply come down to preferences/mood/genre as to which one is liked better. What the KC06 has going for it though is it's physical profile which for me is great, and they will end up getting more airplay due to that alone. So yeah, some of my super-model girlfriends might bet getting a wee bit nervous about now lol.

May 1, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #1,496 of 2,536

Yeeaaaaahhh! You hit right on the head....I'm there with you...

May 1, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #1,497 of 2,536
Silver pair just came in from Shenzhen.  Bought them just before the price hike but based on what I'm hearing currently, I'd say they're worth a good bit more than $70 regardless. Haven't had much time to use them but I'll just say initial impressions are positive, and they easily best the JVC FX101 in every category except maybe bass quantity.

Don't have the Ety hf5's on me right now but I'll probably A/B them for the sake of it later.  Probably not the best IEMs to compare to but my only point of reference at the moment.

May 1, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #1,498 of 2,536
No no no, you guys aren't hyping enough. KC06A's will be EndGame™ in spades!

They'll make SR009's sound like toys in comparison. Scratch that, they'll make real life sound like 12bit mono audio recorded in a cardboard box using the Sony XBA H3 mic.

Not even Vsonics super duper bio-cellulose laced diamond stitched carbon nanotube woofer with integrated beryllium backed ceramic tweeter will stand a chance.

KC06 Alphas
Featuring UltraReal™ technology. Why match real life when you can exceed it.®

I can't even begin to fathom the disruptive power these jewels will have upon the market when released. Businesses will crumble, long standing family ties shall be broken, tears shed, nekomimi's abandoned.

None shall be spared, no mercy given, the messiah has arrived.

None of this will happen... Provably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back