REVIEW: Ostry KC06
Aug 25, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #2,251 of 2,536
I have my KC06 on early August following my shopping spree of "budget" IEMs. So far, I have bought Havi B3 pro i and ii, Zero Audio Carbo Tenore, Xiaomi Pistons 2.0, Vsonic VSD3S, and of course Ostry KC06 and KC06A. From all IEMs that I bought so far, only 3 IEMs that I like the best which is Ostry KC06, KC06A and Carbo Tenore.

Aug 25, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #2,252 of 2,536
  I have my KC06 on early August following my shopping spree of "budget" IEMs. So far, I have bought Havi B3 pro i and ii, Zero Audio Carbo Tenore, Xiaomi Pistons 2.0, Vsonic VSD3S, and of course Ostry KC06 and KC06A. From all IEMs that I bought so far, only 3 IEMs that I like the best which is Ostry KC06, KC06A and Carbo Tenore.

What if you had to choose one between those three?

Aug 25, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #2,253 of 2,536
I would choose KC06A simply because it has all the characteristics of KC06 with added bass. If you listen to main'y jazz, classical, soul, r&b, pop, then KC06 will be perfectly fine, but if you like me that listen to all kinds of music then you might be wanting a little bit more bass. 

Aug 25, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #2,254 of 2,536

Love the 'ol kc06's as well! But I'm surprised that the B3's aren't in your top 3 - the hype is strong with the lol! (I'm waiting for mine)

Aug 25, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #2,255 of 2,536
"Love the 'ol kc06's as well! But I'm surprised that the B3's aren't in your top 3 - the hype is strong with the lol! (I'm waiting for mine)"

Because it is #4 haha. I think they all sounds great, have pretty similar sound too - no bloated bass, clear mid and detailed too, treble that is smooth and has nice airiness to it, good instrument separation and soundstage. I think it all comes down to preference. It just so happen that I like the kc06/a slightly better.

Aug 25, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #2,256 of 2,536
For the price, iems like havi b3 pro I, carbo tenore and kc06/a already competing with my w4r. I can even say that I like the kc06/a better than my w4r which cost 5 to 6 times more. I am veey impressed by how these manufacturers tuned their iems to sound this good, able to even compete against multiple driver BAs and DDs.

PS: I am very intrigued to put these iems against ciem that is why I just ordered a jh audio roxanne :D

Aug 26, 2014 at 1:57 AM Post #2,257 of 2,536
For the price, iems like havi b3 pro I, carbo tenore and kc06/a already competing with my w4r. I can even say that I like the kc06/a better than my w4r which cost 5 to 6 times more. I am veey impressed by how these manufacturers tuned their iems to sound this good, able to even compete against multiple driver BAs and DDs.

Yeah, me too - the kc06's kinda stopped me dead in my tracks as far as upgraditis (and buying more expensive iems) is concerned. The only iems I've bought since them was the tenores (which so far have been failing me miserably with TTS) and the B3's (which I haven't gotten yet, but by all accounts will be making me as happy as the kc06's). It's a good time to be addicted to iems!

Quote:
 PS: I am very intrigued to put these iems against ciem that is why I just ordered a jh audio roxanne
biggrin.gif

Very cool - looking forward to your impressions!

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #2,258 of 2,536
Just got my roxanne and did a quick comparison between kc06 and roxanne. All I can say is WOW, the kc06 can really stand against an IEM costing 12x more expensive. I can even say the mid on the kc06 is slighty more forward than the roxanne. The bass is about the same as the roxanne set at 9 o'clock, both have almost the same sensitivity volume wise. Instrument placement is better on the roxanne as it is to be expected from multiple drivers (12 drivers!!!!). Clarity is about the same so far. Will need to do more listening of course as this is only an initial impression (just got the roxanne about 30 min ago LOL). 

Aug 28, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #2,259 of 2,536
  Just got my roxanne and did a quick comparison between kc06 and roxanne. All I can say is WOW, the kc06 can really stand against an IEM costing 12x more expensive. I can even say the mid on the kc06 is slighty more forward than the roxanne. The bass is about the same as the roxanne set at 9 o'clock, both have almost the same sensitivity volume wise. Instrument placement is better on the roxanne as it is to be expected from multiple drivers (12 drivers!!!!). Clarity is about the same so far. Will need to do more listening of course as this is only an initial impression (just got the roxanne about 30 min ago LOL). 

Instrument placement and imaging in general is the only truly sore spot with the KC06, it loses even to similar priced iems. But the clarity is indeed impressive, more-so if it can keep up with a Roxanne. Thanks for the impressions!

Aug 29, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #2,261 of 2,536
The kc06 versus the T1-E? They are quite different. The kc06 are overall quite balanced across the spectrum and bass is quite neutral. The T1-E I would say has a slight v-shape to it but its strength lies in its bass which is slightly boosted. The T1-E would be better compared with the kc06a which is pretty much a bassy kc06. Between those two I haven't heard the T1-E so I can't comment but Hisoundfi does have both pairs and prefers the T1-E. I personally prefer the kc06 over the kc06a.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Aug 29, 2014 at 6:43 PM Post #2,262 of 2,536
  The kc06 versus the T1-E? They are quite different. The kc06 are overall quite balanced across the spectrum and bass is quite neutral. The T1-E I would say has a slight v-shape to it but its strength lies in its bass which is slightly boosted. The T1-E would be better compared with the kc06a which is pretty much a bassy kc06. Between those two I haven't heard the T1-E so I can't comment but Hisoundfi does have both pairs and prefers the T1-E. I personally prefer the kc06 over the kc06a.

Thanks. Guess I'm going for the kc06 then. Most reviews on it have been pretty positive too.

I'll be getting em' via deal extreme australia. It's only 57 dollars! :D

Aug 29, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #2,263 of 2,536
I did order a ttpod t1-e, but sadly it experienced a channel imbalance so I returned it and get the kc06 instead. I also have a trouble with the fit of t1-e since it has quite a large body and short nozzle. I just ordered a new one last night, so hopefully it doesn't have channel imbalance.

Aug 30, 2014 at 1:56 AM Post #2,264 of 2,536
One more thing, how of the clarity compared to the Sennheiser CX300 II where I was really impressed with the clarity!

Actually if the KC06 is much clearer than my Beyerdynamic XP2, which I'm using now, I'm pretty happy already.

Aug 30, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #2,265 of 2,536
One more thing, how of the clarity compared to the Sennheiser CX300 II where I was really impressed with the clarity!

Actually if the KC06 is much clearer than my Beyerdynamic XP2, which I'm using now, I'm pretty happy already.

The CX300II shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as the KC06. The Ostry isn't just better, it obliterates the Senn in clarity, neutrality, speed, detail, soundstage, everything really. I haven't listened to the XP2 so i can't help you there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back