REVIEW: Nuforce NE-7M iPhone IEM vs Denon C700 and Klipsch Image X10 (NE-8 Impressions Added 1/15/09)
Nov 24, 2008 at 2:49 PM Post #18 of 854
I just browsed the Nuforce website (out of curiosity) based upon the review. Is it my imagination or the NE-7M looks like the Sound Magic PL11? Their NE-8 looks like the PL30's without the bass knobs. It seems like they're all coming out of the same factory with various marketing packages as per the buyer. Do you think they are the same headphones in various dress or actually sound tuned as per buyer?

Nov 24, 2008 at 6:30 PM Post #20 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One question you haven't addressed in that review (great by the way as always Addict) is how detailed are the NE-7M IYO?

From the first post of the review:

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict
Males vocals like Jack Johnson seem just a little better without the extra bass in the Image X10, but the extra bass does add more fullness to the guitar strumming with the X10. Both earphones are very crisp and detailed.

Nov 24, 2008 at 6:33 PM Post #21 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_thatguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for great review Larry.What about big brother nuforce NE-8?

I'm not that interested - I was mainly looking for an IEM for my iPhone that wouldn't make me use an unwieldy extension with mike built-in, which I would have to twisty tie up in a lump to make shorter. I didn't expect that I would actually use the NE-7M more than my other IEM due to the convenience of the mic and decent sound.

Nov 27, 2008 at 12:55 AM Post #23 of 854
I'm in, for the 7s. Do I need them? Of course not. But after the review and reading the NuForce site, I bought them in the name of scientific research. And I also use one of those iTalk extensions with my Touch and X10s. Though I can't see giving up the X10s for my dog walking. Should be interesting.

Nov 27, 2008 at 6:02 PM Post #24 of 854
Edit: To rephrase the question: Do the 7s retain all the functionality of the original headset;

You can use the mic button on your iPhone headset to perform certain functions such as answering a call, putting calls on hold and skipping songs while listening to music.

Answer an incoming call:
Click once.

End the current call:
Click once.

Decline an incoming call:
Press and hold for two seconds, then release. Two beeps confirm you declined the call after you release the button.

Switch to an incoming or on-hold call:
Click once. Click again to switch back to the first call.

Switch to an incoming or on-hold call and end current call:
Press and hold for about two seconds, then let go. Two beeps confirm call has been ended after you release the button.

Pause a song or video:
Click the mic button once. Click again to resume playback.

Skip to next song:
Click twice quickly.

Nov 27, 2008 at 11:20 PM Post #26 of 854
Sweet, thanks!
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 28, 2008 at 12:07 AM Post #27 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by LWLew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just browsed the Nuforce website (out of curiosity) based upon the review. Is it my imagination or the NE-7M looks like the Sound Magic PL11? Their NE-8 looks like the PL30's without the bass knobs. It seems like they're all coming out of the same factory with various marketing packages as per the buyer. Do you think they are the same headphones in various dress or actually sound tuned as per buyer?

It is not your imagination. I didn't notice it at first glance, but you are right. They look very similar in structure to the PL11 and PL30.

I would not be surprised if they come from the same factory. The SoundMAGIC PL30 sounds good for a budget earphone, and it is very possible that Nuforce is taking the same recipe and just improving its aesthetics for retail sale, like what V-MODA did with the original Vibe.

Nov 28, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #28 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is not your imagination. I didn't notice it at first glance, but you are right. They look very similar in structure to the PL11 and PL30.

I would not be surprised if they come from the same factory. The SoundMAGIC PL30 sounds good for a budget earphone, and it is very possible that Nuforce is taking the same recipe and just improving its aesthetics for retail sale, like what V-MODA did with the original Vibe.

I doubt that from as the PL-30 cannot compare with the X10's really in SQ and HeadPhoneAddict stated in the review that the Nuforce ones are comparable to the X10's.

Nov 28, 2008 at 1:35 AM Post #29 of 854
Quote:

I doubt that from as the PL-30 cannot compare with the X10's really in SQ and HeadPhoneAddict stated in the review that the Nuforce ones are comparable to the X10's.

Don't forget the X10 and Nuforce sound very different from each other and both are very good in different ways. The Image are somewhat more refined, and carry more weight, and many will like them better. I like the image better with some music, and NE-7M with others, as stated in my review. I did just sell the X10 to buy my Westone 3 review sample, but that is another story.

Nov 28, 2008 at 1:57 AM Post #30 of 854
Quote:

I have word from Nuforce that the NE-7M is indeed a CUSTOM DRIVER only for Nuforce, but using similar tooling as SoundMagic, thus saving the cost of tooling for a new case/shell and having to sell these for $150. This confirms my thoughts that these are indeed an upgrade in sound over the soundmagic, because nobody has ever described those to sound this good. Like I said, these are the best bang for the buck as far as sound per dollar. You can get better sound, but you have to spend a lot more money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back