REVIEW (more to come) - CEntrance DACport 24/96 USB DAC Amp
Jan 16, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #511 of 515

Actually DACport LX does have headphone amp but locked at line-level.
DACport amp = DACport LX amp
the only difference between DACport and DACport LX is DACport using volume potentiometer and LX using fixed-resistor divider

dacport lx amp locked at line-level = dacport potentiometer turned to max volume, correct? 
The reason for the change in sound is the absence of the potentiometer when both used as a dac. 
Which makes me wonder why not just completely remove the amp section of the lx.
Adding an amp to the lx is essentially double amping the amp section of the lx which is silly is you ask me. 

Jan 17, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #512 of 515
I know I might sound stupid to some but I need to confirm:
Isn't the dacport LX a dacport with the amp set at max. The only difference between the two is dacport has volume knob and the other doesn't. 
So maxing out the volume on the dacport equalize to the dacport lx at line-level. 
The only reason for the slight chance of sound is the absence of the volume know, I'm I right? 
So won't pairing an external amp to the dacport lx result in double amping?  

May 17, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #514 of 515
I know I might sound stupid to some but I need to confirm:
Isn't the dacport LX a dacport with the amp set at max. The only difference between the two is dacport has volume knob and the other doesn't. 
So maxing out the volume on the dacport equalize to the dacport lx at line-level. 
The only reason for the slight chance of sound is the absence of the volume know, I'm I right? 
So won't pairing an external amp to the dacport lx result in double amping?  
[COLOR=333399] [/COLOR]

Instead of the potentiometer in the regular DACport, the LX has a pair of resistors (one per channel) that fix the output at line level. Otherwise, the two units are the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back