REVIEW: Meier Audio Concerto headphone amp
Jun 1, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #826 of 835
This depends on the output level of your source. Remember, gain does NOT equal output power! If you feel you don't have enough play on the volume control, meaning you always listen at the beginning 1/4 or 1/3 of the volume control, then try the lower gain. Otherwise, leave it like it is.

My source is a Headroom UDAC with 2V output in Single ended. 
The volume is a little loud in 1/4. 
The Headphones you are going to use LCD-2 and Sennheiser HD 650. 
The high gain is 16dB and gain Medium is 10dB. 
Do you think the high gain, and the volume is already a bit high at 1/4 volume, may result in some distortion?
Thank you

Jun 1, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #827 of 835
I don't think you would get distortion but if you feel the level is high at 1/4 up on the volume control then it is worth trying the medium gain. You can always change it back!

Dec 18, 2016 at 5:08 AM Post #828 of 835
Today i decided to listen to my old Concerto...
I found out that my left channel is not working. Tried with 3 headphones, 3 sources and 2 cables... Its faulty amp.
Its strange. One week ago it worked normally.
Left chnnel is not working at all...

How do i find out which component is faulty?

Dec 18, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #829 of 835
  Today i decided to listen to my old Concerto...
I found out that my left channel is not working. Tried with 3 headphones, 3 sources and 2 cables... Its faulty amp.
Its strange. One week ago it worked normally.
Left chnnel is not working at all...

How do i find out which component is faulty?

?

Dec 29, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #830 of 835
I would suggest contacting Jan Meier directly.

That is weird, for the amp to just fail like that. I have been using my Concerto pretty much daily for 6 (yes, SIX) years now and it is working perfectly.

Jan 7, 2017 at 5:55 AM Post #831 of 835
I recently acquired Concerto to pair with HD650 and AQ Nighthawk. It is great pairing and I personally like it a lot.  I am not sure how it pairs with IEM though. Does anyone know what the output impedance of Concerto is? I tried to find it from google search but no avail...

Jul 31, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #834 of 835
I'm new to head-fi but I have owned the Concerto since it first hit the shelves. I used to listen to the Audeze Lcd2's paired with this amp. That's pretty much all I listened to for 6 or 7 years. I have since sold my beloved Lcd2's. However, I don't think that I could ever part with this amp. As I write this I am listening to the Hifiman HE400i paired with the Concerto. I have tried many headphones with this amp but continue to go back to planar cans as I believe this amp shines with. If you can find one these days. For whatever it's worth.

Jan 26, 2018 at 1:07 AM Post #835 of 835
I'm new to head-fi but I have owned the Concerto since it first hit the shelves. I used to listen to the Audeze Lcd2's paired with this amp. That's pretty much all I listened to for 6 or 7 years. I have since sold my beloved Lcd2's. However, I don't think that I could ever part with this amp. As I write this I am listening to the Hifiman HE400i paired with the Concerto. I have tried many headphones with this amp but continue to go back to planar cans as I believe this amp shines with. If you can find one these days. For whatever it's worth.

Same thing here! Used it with HE-560 and now with Ether C 1.1. It truly shines with orthos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back