REVIEW: Koss KTXPRO1....an awesome portable headphone!
Nov 26, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #76 of 92
My KTX Pro1 phones sounded great. They were just incredible uncomfortable (probably due to my big head) i never could get them to lay flat on my ears. I should have held on to them and modified/swapped out the head band.

Nov 30, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #77 of 92
Figured I'd post this here as well...

Interesting little discovery as the Koss 60ohm driver is still loved...https://www.koss.com/headphones/on-ear-headphones/kph30i
kph30ib_master.jpg

Plug in the KPH30i using the all-new, rugged cable system with spring reinforced strain relief that is built to last.
kph30ik_s3.jpg

"The Koss KPH30i is a direct descendant of the Koss Pro35 and popular Koss KTXPro1. With all-new modern features like an in-line microphone and remote, the KPH30i keeps listeners connected all while enjoying their favorite tunes.

The lightweight on-ear headphones feature an open-air design with smooth bass and clean treble. The 60-ohm elements are perfectly tuned for use on the go with most mobile hardware content players.

With an all-new patent pending suspension, the KPH30i creates the absolute perfect fit for hours of comfortable listening enjoyment."

Specifications
sc_frequencyresponse.svg
15-25,000 Hz
sc_impedance.svg
60 Ohms
sc_sensitivity.svg
101 dB SPL
sc_cord.svg
4 foot
sc_warranty.svg
Limited Lifetime Warranty

Price: $29.99 ($25.49 with the usual 15% off code that can be found if one searches)
Available in Black or White

Just joined this drop. I figure the import cost is minimal and I can give them to my daughter.

Edit: then I went and bought a pair of portapros for my son.

I feel a bit like Homer buying Marge a bowling ball, but still...

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #78 of 92
If they released a version with the KSC-75 drivers I'd buy them too. To my ears the KSC-75's sound more balanced and flat. These do sound very similar to the PortaPro but with less sparkle.
That's all I am looking for! A better version of the KSC75s!

Going to purchase the KTXPRO1s over the weekend. I don't think I'll like the inline volume control (always hate those things!).

How are these KPH30is? You say they are PortaPros with less sparkle. I can't say that the PortaPros ever had sparkle as they are too bassy and lack treble compared to the KSC75s. How do they compare to the KTXPRO1s?

Dec 1, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #79 of 92
That's all I am looking for! A better version of the KSC75s!

Going to purchase the KTXPRO1s over the weekend. I don't think I'll like the inline volume control (always hate those things!).

How are these KPH30is? You say they are PortaPros with less sparkle. I can't say that the PortaPros ever had sparkle as they are too bassy and lack treble compared to the KSC75s. How do they compare to the KTXPRO1s?
To my ears the KTXPRO1s sound very similar to the KSC-75's and KPH30is sound very similar to Porta Pros. On my head KPH30is are more comfortable than Porta Pros and my KSC-75'S with parts express head band are way more comfortable that the KTXPRO1s but I have big head. I like them all and keep them in regular rotation (except KTXPRO1s, I gave them away). Currently I'm listening to my Sporta pros which are a cheaper alternative to Porta Pros.

Dec 6, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #82 of 92
The KPH30i driven by the Audioquest Dragonfly Red is absolutely tremendous. It's my favorite can under $170. Just EQ the midbass down about 2 db and up the 1khz to 3khz about 2 db and the results are stunning. It sounds much inferior out of the internal dac in my 6p.

Dec 6, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #83 of 92
I just wish Massdrop had color options, as I've never been e beige fan. But I'm growing quite the fan of the KPH30i. I just can't get over that little suspension strap, love it.

Jan 5, 2018 at 9:53 PM Post #86 of 92
I own three pairs of the KTXPRO1 and bought my best friend one recently. :sunglasses:

Last year I transitioned to loudspeakers, which I use exclusively at the moment. Got rid of all my headphones (five figures worth!) except the KTX.

Jan 6, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #87 of 92
I own three pairs of the KTXPRO1 and bought my best friend one recently. :sunglasses:

Last year I transitioned to loudspeakers, which I use exclusively at the moment. Got rid of all my headphones (five figures worth!) except the KTX.
I'm in that club too. Being the curious guy I am I got sidetracked by headphones the last 4 years, but started focusing again on my stereo setups recently. For me, nothing beats a good loudspeaker setup. Just paired Outlaw RS2160 and Elac B6 in a secondary setup and Wow! Keeping my cans though for special use occasions like traveling. Sentimental I suppose.

Jan 6, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #88 of 92
I'm in that club too. Being the curious guy I am I got sidetracked by headphones the last 4 years, but started focusing again on my stereo setups recently. For me, nothing beats a good loudspeaker setup. Just paired Outlaw RS2160 and Elac B6 in a secondary setup and Wow! Keeping my cans though for special use occasions like traveling. Sentimental I suppose.

Sweet. Do yourself a favor and try the KTXPRO1, Chord Mojo, and this album together someday!

Jun 17, 2018 at 5:52 AM Post #89 of 92

Wow, you had 5 figures worth of headphones... wow. That must have taken forever to sell. I would cry for weeks knowing I spent that much after I sold them even if I broke even or left with a bit of a loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back