Review: Jerry Harvey Audio JH13Pro - Sex for your ears
Oct 3, 2009 at 9:18 AM Post #31 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by bakhtiar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's why, we need trusted reviewer(s) to verify it. I heard a story in my local forum, where one of hte JH|13Pros user send them to UM for remolding and reparing, because

1) Unsatisfactory build quality. Too many bubbles in the shells.
2) Uneven volume level.. -10dB diff between both sides. Not acceptable.

The user already sent them to JHA for repair , but it turned up that nothing was being done. So the user sent them to UM for the repair.

I don't want to say that JHA products are bad, but, they should have a good QC and keep their customers happy. At the same time it can prevent this kind of horror stories happen.

Thank you.

Reference:
My 1st Customize Earphone (Take 2)updated w Review

Where are the pics? I'd like to see the difference in the before and after. The driver placement is absolutely critical to the sound quality. Simple reshelling can ruin the sound.

Otherwise, the supposed reshelling of the JH13's are complete heresay until we see proof.

Oct 3, 2009 at 9:32 AM Post #32 of 49
#---DELETED---
# To keep the harmony over here.

Based on the impressions and reviews over here, eventhough I don't have chance yet to listen them by myself, but, I trusted Head-Fi'es ears, and, I am very sure the JH|13's SQ is very good, no doubt about it.
smily_headphones1.gif
and the JH|13Pros are in my next IEMs upgrade list already, besider the UM's Quad.

Thank you.

Oct 3, 2009 at 9:43 AM Post #33 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by bakhtiar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then you have to ask the poster (jkleejk) himself, because he is the one who visited the UM's factory in China.
smily_headphones1.gif

I understand, it is quite 'harsh' accusation to JHA, but I am quite confident with my friend's (jkleejk) finding. But, does anyone with JH|13 has sent them for repair due to unsatisfactory product quality?

Based on the impressions and reviews over here, eventhough I don't have chance yet to listen them by myself, but, I trusted Head-Fi'es ears, and, I sure the JH|13's SQ is very good, no doubt about it.
smily_headphones1.gif
and the JH|13Pros are in my next IEMs list already, besider the UM's Quad.

Thank you.

JH Audio's QC problems are very real. I've experienced them first hand. But in the end they got everything (mostly) correct for me. It can be a hassle, but given how great the JH13's sound, it's completely worth it.

I'd like to see what the remolded JH13's really look like.

-Ed

Oct 3, 2009 at 10:53 AM Post #34 of 49
Ok, after discussing it with my friend, and to make thing clear, harmony and to avoid any 'war' over here, I am really sorry for the statements, and I'll keep the info for myself.

Thank you.

Oct 3, 2009 at 11:08 AM Post #36 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
JH Audio's QC problems are very real. I've experienced them first hand. But in the end they got everything (mostly) correct for me. It can be a hassle, but given how great the JH13's sound, it's completely worth it.

I live in Taiwan, so on the other side of the planet (12 hours from Florida). I don't relish the idea of having the IEM go back and forth and back and forth and... so on. And I saw the latest iteration of your IEM: they may sound good and fit well, but they look dirty: there are plenty of bubbles and scratches and what may be fingerprints, and with what you paid for them, that should not be the case.

It isn't as if they weren't able to do the job properly, of course. These recent pictures show what appears to be a flawless mold. But it seems that there's still too many bloopers. Now that they have more people, more time, more sleep, hopefully the QC will also become more consistent.

Oct 3, 2009 at 1:41 PM Post #37 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sent an email to Jerry shortly after Larry's review came out. Never got an answer. Plus, JH Audio seems to still suffer from QC issues, from what I read even in the JH13 appreciation thread, so I'm waiting a bit. I won't need it professionally before next year anyway, so I'm trying -- hard -- to remember that patience is a virtue.

fair enough man; its your money and I do understand your point of view. its just that you are so active in these customs threads and dont seem to be any closer to buying one. Its no good that your email was left unanswered, but seriously, can you imagine how many people made their order after HA's review?? so many people were waiting on the outcome of that piece of text before voting with their wallets, that its hardly that surprising that it was missed; though that is still obviously not ideal.

I would not worry so much about fit or QC issues, they will work with you till it is right. I had the same concerns about ES3x, but the JH process is less prone to mistakes due to the SL process they use. just make sure yo get really good impressions (try them on afterwards) and I feel you will be fine, I was lucky and have a good fit first go.

kudos for the patience though; you're a stronger man than I am, thats for sure

Oct 3, 2009 at 1:51 PM Post #38 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well stated above. Haven't heard of sound quality of UM being better than JH audio YET. But build quality, far superior. All i can say

well i'm assuming that someone got all touchy about my post, I suppose he didnt notice that I have agreed about the apparent cosmetic superiority of the UM appearance in more than just this thread. I wear my customs in my ears though

Oct 3, 2009 at 2:59 PM Post #39 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
fair enough man; its your money and I do understand your point of view. its just that you are so active in these customs threads and dont seem to be any closer to buying one. Its no good that your email was left unanswered, but seriously, can you imagine how many people made their order after HA's review?? so many people were waiting on the outcome of that piece of text before voting with their wallets, that its hardly that surprising that it was missed; though that is still obviously not ideal.

That's the point, though. They miss emails, send one pair of IEMs to the wrong person, get the artwork and even the colors wrong... Maybe it's already over, mind you. Maybe they're fine now, finally settled. But I'll keep watching a little bit longer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would not worry so much about fit or QC issues, they will work with you till it is right. I had the same concerns about ES3x, but the JH process is less prone to mistakes due to the SL process they use. just make sure yo get really good impressions (try them on afterwards) and I feel you will be fine, I was lucky and have a good fit first go.

kudos for the patience though; you're a stronger man than I am, thats for sure

I'm keeping very very busy. That helps. -_-

I would have already ordered if they had answered my email, but now school has started, I've got dozens of copies to correct, I'm translating stories from my favorite author, and I try to keep in shape, unlike last year.

Still. The very fact that I take my breaks here does betray the fact that my desire for a better sound keeps running at the back of my mind.

Oct 3, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #40 of 49
Awesome review! Not much more to say...
biggrin.gif

No question Jerry Harvey have designed a top-notch IEM here, rivaling full size headphones in sound quality.

Oct 3, 2009 at 5:51 PM Post #41 of 49
Quote:

I live in Taiwan, so on the other side of the planet (12 hours from Florida). I don't relish the idea of having the IEM go back and forth and back and forth and... so on. And I saw the latest iteration of your IEM: they may sound good and fit well, but they look dirty: there are plenty of bubbles and scratches and what may be fingerprints, and with what you paid for them, that should not be the case.

It isn't as if they weren't able to do the job properly, of course. These recent pictures show what appears to be a flawless mold. But it seems that there's still too many bloopers. Now that they have more people, more time, more sleep, hopefully the QC will also become more consistent.

Unfortunately, i looked at those pics and got rather "ticked off" wondering why they couldn't of built my 10X3's like that...but now worries. I've got my UM's to keep me cheered up on the cosmetics and aesthetics side.

Oct 3, 2009 at 6:49 PM Post #42 of 49
shigzeo GREAT review! realy realy good one!
But do you realy think that "delicate" cable and lower quality connection worth more than 0.5 points?! isn't it suppost to be something more like 0.25 max?

Oct 3, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #43 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unfortunately, i looked at those pics and got rather "ticked off" wondering why they couldn't of built my 10X3's like that...but now worries. I've got my UM's to keep me cheered up on the cosmetics and aesthetics side.

So you've got one pair to listen to and another one to look at?
tongue.gif
What do you do with the ES3X, then?

Oct 3, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #44 of 49
Quote:

That's the point, though. They miss emails, send one pair of IEMs to the wrong person, get the artwork and even the colors wrong... Maybe it's already over, mind you. Maybe they're fine now, finally settled. But I'll keep watching a little bit longer.

I'm keeping very very busy. That helps. -_-

I would have already ordered if they had answered my email, but now school has started, I've got dozens of copies to correct, I'm translating stories from my favorite author, and I try to keep in shape, unlike last year.

Still. The very fact that I take my breaks here does betray the fact that my desire for a better sound keeps running at the back of my mind.

I think you are right to feel this way and in no way to excuse this but to try and understand what is going on, it is likely their orders went up exponentially and that with a small staff they have been overwhelmed. I still am impressed with the turnaround time. The quality of mine was superb so I can't speak for others. Also, what are you really paying for here, as people are complaining about the type of BOX they get with the phones. You are paying for the electronics, the molds, the R+D. Look how much a pair of Ultrasone edition 8 or 9's, and tell me with the sound comparison, that the JH13s is not a better buy.

Oct 3, 2009 at 10:24 PM Post #45 of 49
Quote:

So you've got one pair to listen to and another one to look at?
tongue.gif
What do you do with the ES3X, then?

Well, actuaalllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy. I listen to my 10X3, but get ticked off knowing that they look ugly when you stare at them. Love listening to my Mage and knowing that they look absolutely beautiful, then get annoyed that my ES3X don't fit flush, and the artwork isn't parallel on the left and right...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back