Review: JDS Labs O2 (Black edition) + O2/ODAC discussion
Jan 25, 2013 at 4:49 AM Post #241 of 543
I should be getting the C5 to review, I heard about the C5 a few weeks ago from John, but was sworn to secrecy. It looks really good so far, and may replace my faithful C421 as my portable amp. It will be interesting to compare the C5 vs C421 with maybe a little comparison to O2 if worthy, as O2 is more desktop, C5 looks really portable and small. Volume control looks good though. Can't wait for it to come out, and wait for my review on it

Jan 25, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #242 of 543
John did reply to my email query but I wont post what he said....it looks like this will be a really nice amp...always room for another toy!!

I just got a new Internet Ready AVR....and am listening to Pandora via its headphone jack and the LCD2's really nice...and it plays USB 1.5 TB drive ...flacs!!

Technology never sleeps..

Alex

Jan 25, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #243 of 543
Quote:
I should be getting the C5 to review, I heard about the C5 a few weeks ago from John, but was sworn to secrecy. It looks really good so far, and may replace my faithful C421 as my portable amp. It will be interesting to compare the C5 vs C421 with maybe a little comparison to O2 if worthy, as O2 is more desktop, C5 looks really portable and small. Volume control looks good though. Can't wait for it to come out, and wait for my review on it

How much money will they be?

Jan 25, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #244 of 543
Quote:
Quote:

How much money will they be?

It's probably top-secret information/not to be leaked to the general public until it gets posted on JDS Lab's website.

Jan 25, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #245 of 543
Alex, where ya at?  Some pics sir.  How about some O2 & LCD love....?

If I post another pic in this thread I think randomkid will kick me out...lol...On the other hand, this hobby is supposed to be fun...We gotta enjoy it to give us a break from everything else....
cool.gif

Last pic...
biggrin.gif
..........Setting her up now.....Since I received the WAU16-1000, the O2 can finally rest in its spot with her siblings.

Good times!!!

Jan 25, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #246 of 543
Quote:
Alex, where ya at?  Some pics sir.  How about some O2 & LCD love....?

If I post another pic in this thread I think randomkid will kick me out...lol...On the other hand, this hobby is supposed to be fun...We gotta enjoy it to give us a break from everything else....
cool.gif

Last pic...
biggrin.gif
..........Setting her up now.....Since I received the WAU16-1000, the O2 can finally rest in its spot with her siblings.

Good times!!!

What headphones ya using with your O2?

Jan 25, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #247 of 543
Quote:

Hey wolfetan44,

I have given it some love so far with some Ultrasones (PRO750, HFI-2200), Denon D5000s and briefly with Grados RS-2.  Now that I set her up in her final destination, some more head time indeed with others.

Cheers!!!

Jan 26, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #248 of 543

Hey wolfetan44,

I have given it some love so far with some Ultrasones (PRO750, HFI-2200), Denon D5000s and briefly with Grados RS-2.  Now that I set her up in her final destination, some more head time indeed with others.

Cheers!!!
Nice cans!

Jan 26, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #249 of 543
heatfan12...

Hello.....

I am in Raleigh , NC.

Cold and Icy here today!!

Pix!!! Ok I will work on that I have posted quite a few pix of the O2 DIY I did and the ODAC in my homebrew case....somewhere on this site!! LOL.

Need to get the camera out...stay tuned!

Alex

Jan 26, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #251 of 543
Another...this has my 2 o2's one with an internal odac and the other using an external ODAC.
The grey box it my HRT MSii+ Asynchronous USB DAC. LCDs on the right, Grados on the left..
Lime green AKS Q701's didnt make the pix!!

Jan 26, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #252 of 543
Heatfan nice setup and cans, Alex cool pics, keep em coming folks

Jan 27, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #253 of 543
Quote:
Nice cans!

Quote:
Heatfan nice setup and cans, Alex cool pics, keep em coming folks

Quote:
Another...this has my 2 o2's one with an internal odac and the other using an external ODAC.
The grey box it my HRT MSii+ Asynchronous USB DAC. LCDs on the right, Grados on the left..
Lime green AKS Q701's didnt make the pix!!

Thanks guys! 
beerchug.gif

Now Alex, that's what I'm talking about...Pics always speak for themselves and give members different outlooks, possibilities and ideas for future or present audio chains.  Awesome pics and gear...Outstanding.....Cheers!!

Raleigh, NC....Lived there a couple years in the mid '90s...Off Millbrook and close to Six Forks, IIRC...Almost purchased a home out in Knightdale...Never got used to the ice..lol...but a beautiful and great place to live...

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #254 of 543
If pictures are the name of the game now, these are not from JDSLabs, but seems appropriate.

Some combination of the way the lighting is set up in the room normally (most of it behind computer monitors), my lack of camera skills, cell phone camera, and black color make the quality lower than it could be, so my apologies...

Amp is on, just with the LED taped up so the light doesn't get out.  I use relatively thick rubber stick-on feet meant for desktop computer cases, which does a reasonable job for stopping sliding and also elevating the controls so they are more convenient to reach.

Jan 31, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #255 of 543
Congrats RandomKid,

for a very nice review and pics. 

How is [size=x-small]Cristiano Ronaldo
 ​
[/size] doing in Real Madrid?

Now offtopic:
Can  JDS Labs install a 1/4" headphone jack (instead of the 1/8" jack)?

I am going to order the O2 and ODAC as two separates within a few days.
I want to use them with my brand new Toshiba Satellite laptop and the DT 880 (250 Ohm, 2005 edition).
Has anyone tried the DT 880 with the O2 (and ODAC)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back