[REVIEW] HifiMan RE400 ‘Waterline’ – The New Reference
Jul 24, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #331 of 781
Quote:
I am entitled to say why I don't like the re-400 on a thread devoted to the re-400, as I have paid good money for a pair and want to share my thoughts.

Please don't patronise me by saying you are trying to help me. Why would you think I needed help? I don't recall asking for it. Saying you are 'done' with me is a bit spoilt teenagerish, don't you think? I don't recall us having a thing going on.

Call me a troll if it helps you through the night.Good suggestion about posting on the E10 thread though - must do that. Cracking good iem.

It's simply that you aren't even appreciating the fact that someone tried to help you, even if you weren't asking for it. Rather then saying "thanks but no thanks" and explaining nicely what you meant , you decided to be disrespectful, call this "place" "nuts" and then continue to be arrogant about it. You do have the right to say what you want obviously, but don't be surprised and argue when you get called out on it. 

Back onto the subject of this thread, very well written review. I've been awfully intrigued by these ear buds and the company (which I had never even heard of until I started reading here) and would love to listen for myself some day. As I stated elsewhere on this forum, there are many things I'd rather listen to then my Bose MEI2's 
size]

Jul 24, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #333 of 781
Quote:
lol, "stop disliking what we like" and "stop saying what we dont want to hear" describe quite well the past few pages in this thread

You obviously didn't comprehend what was communicated then. Nobody is expecting anyone to like anything. But showing some integrity would be nice. It's a mystery how this isn't easily visible. 

Jul 24, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #335 of 781
Well when there are people involved, expect a level of unreasonableness. I'm at fault sometimes too, so the stones are hitting me as well. But I feel this site does a decent job at staying genuine most of the time. 

Jul 25, 2013 at 4:06 AM Post #337 of 781

If only there was a robot to do our listening for us.

Chill guys, sorry I ruffled your feathers. Enjoy what you have.

Frankly.. you're the one who needs to "chill".. cause you've come off pretty flippant and dickish in this thread.  Folks are trying to POLITELY engage with you and "help" (or whatever you want to/don't want to call it).. instead you find such efforts all conspiratorial and confusing.  It's a ridiculous way to react... the hell is wrong with you?

We get it.. the RE-400 isn't for you.. you find it dull and boring.  You're not the first to say that.. and won't be the last.. and that's perfectly fine.  If you bought it from Head-Direct (or Amazon.. or most authorized retailers), they typically have a 30-day return/refund window.  Return it and enjoy your E30.  If you can't get a refund, sell it on the FS forum and you might take a small loss.. but it should get snatched up pretty quick cause a lot of OTHER people like it.  Simple as that.  If you want to childishly whine on about how Fang's "done you wrong," well, you've already cried us a freakin' river.  Suck it up, Nancy.

I'm done with the matter.

Jul 27, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #339 of 781
So, if I think the stock small double flanges work and sound good, but are a royal pain to keep a good seal/fit, is the comply ts400 going to be my best bet in your opinions? Going to try some tips and want some help from the more knowledgeable

Jul 27, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #341 of 781
Jul 27, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #342 of 781
Quote:
Did the sound actually change or was it just the comfort and isolation?

I couldn't get a good, consistent seal with any of the supplied tips.
The Sony Hybrids attenuated the highs and the upper mids too much for me even though they were comfortable and they did isolate.
The Comply T-400's isolated well and were comfortable, but they attenuated the highs wayyyy to much, even after following the video instructions on insertion.
The Comply TS-400's, for me, isolate and are just as comfortable as the T-400's, but what they don't do is attenuate the highs.   

Jul 27, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #343 of 781
I couldn't get a good, consistent seal with any of the supplied tips.
The Sony Hybrids attenuated the highs and the upper mids too much for me even though they were comfortable and they did isolate.
The Comply T-400's isolated well and were comfortable, but they attenuated the highs wayyyy to much, even after following the video instructions on insertion.
The Comply TS-400's, for me, isolate and are just as comfortable as the T-400's, but what they don't do is attenuate the highs.   

Never tried any stock tips but as I said earlier I am using the Comply Sport tip as that is all you can get at retail from Comply. I am getting a good sound but ordered the Isolation tip the other day from Comply and should have them soon. I'll post my findings here when I get them and can compare.

Jul 27, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #344 of 781
just got a pair of these from a fellow head-fier

first thought, i don't think these outperform re-272

will get back with more impressions , but people who said they are better than the 272 ? nope.

Jul 27, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #345 of 781
Y
Never tried any stock tips but as I said earlier I am using the Comply Sport tip as that is all you can get at retail from Comply. I am getting a good sound but ordered the Isolation tip the other day from Comply and should have them soon. I'll post my findings here when I get them and can compare.

ya I bought the s400 from target the other day, and maaan they are comfy, but, switching back and fourth to the stock dou le flange, there's a noticeable decrease In imaging and detail, that's why I'm hoping the ts400s do the trick. Because I got a great seal with the s400, and the comfort is almost worth it to keep those. But I want the sound of the stock tips, ill order them today and report back whenever I get them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back