[REVIEW] HifiMan RE400 ‘Waterline’ – The New Reference
Jul 24, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #316 of 781
Quote:

What are you looking for in an upgrade to your E10? It sounds like you already know what you like, but went in the opposite direction. No need to try and force yourself to like anything, just look for something more similar to the E10.

ClieOS puts the E10 in the "balanced" category (note: his interpretation of "balanced" is a treble and bass enhanced sound), so maybe you can look at this post to find what you're looking for.

Who says I'm looking for an upgrade?

Lol, this place is nuts.  I'm actually loving my E10s - I made a mistake in thinking the Re-400s would be better, based on past experience with Hifiman iems, but then I came to my senses.

If ClieOS thinks that they are balanced, well good for him. Who is he? Should I know?

Jul 24, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #317 of 781
Quote:

Compression and recording quality have a lot to do with it, there is a clear and audible difference between a highly compressed song and a song that isn't compressed as much.  What songs are you listening to through your E10s.  FLAC files are high quality iff they were recorded that way XD

Just some examples of albums I am listening to lately:

Thelonious Monk - Monk's Dream
Muddy Waters - Folksinger
Bob Dylan - Blonde On Blonde
The Unthanks - Here's The Tender Coming
The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed
Bonnie Prince Billy & The Cairo Gang - Wonder Show Of The World
Tom Waits - Mule Variations
William Fitzsimmons - Gold in The Shadow
Various - Free Comp CD 'The Wire Tapper 31' from The Wire magazine

Jul 24, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #318 of 781
I apologize, I was just trying to help.
redface.gif
What were you looking for if not an upgrade?

From what I've read, it seems the E10 has an abundance of bass, so maybe you could also consider some other recently recommended IEMs for bass. Some that come off the top of my head are Audio-Technica ATH-CKS1000, JVC HA-FXZ100, VSONIC GR07 BE, Sony MDR-XB90EX, Zero Audio Carbo Basso ZH-DX210, NuForce NE-700M/X.

In the end, let your own ears be the judge; the other users' impressions should serve as just a guide.

Jul 24, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #319 of 781
Quote:
I apologize, I was just trying to help.
redface.gif
What were you looking for if not an upgrade?

From what I've read, it seems the E10 has an abundance of bass, so maybe you could also consider some other recently recommended IEMs for bass. Some that come off the top of my head are Audio-Technica ATH-CKS1000, JVC HA-FXZ100, VSONIC GR07 BE, Sony MDR-XB90EX, Zero Audio Carbo Basso ZH-DX210, NuForce NE-700M/X.

In the end, let your own ears be the judge; the other users' impressions should serve as just a guide.

I don't want an upgrade, please stop trying to recommend other iems. Why are you doing that?

The reason I got the RE-400s was because I came into some money unexpectedly and I saw they had just been released. I was happy with my E10s, but had bought those because my RE-272s were stolen in a burglary and I needed a cheapish replacement. The RE-400s then broke on me, and I went back to my E10s and realised what a fool I had been in even straying from them.

I'd recommend them to you, but then you're probably not looking for an upgrade eh?
L3000.gif

Jul 24, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #321 of 781
Quote:

I don't want an upgrade, please stop trying to recommend other iems. Why are you doing that?

The reason I got the RE-400s was because I came into some money unexpectedly and I saw they had just been released. I was happy with my E10s, but had bought those because my RE-272s were stolen in a burglary and I needed a cheapish replacement. The RE-400s then broke on me, and I went back to my E10s and realised what a fool I had been in even straying from them.

I'd recommend them to you, but then you're probably not looking for an upgrade eh?
L3000.gif

What's your deal? This guy is just trying to help you through your confusing posts and you're just being disrespectful...?

Lighten up... Not everyone is a salesman.

Jul 24, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #323 of 781
Muzeick, you do realize that you are trolling this thread, eh?   And believe, I'm not saying that anyone who doesn't like the RE-400's is a troll, but the way you are conducting yourself here is a classic study of good trolldum, for if that weren't the case, you would have left this thread a long time ago shortly after stating that the RE-400's weren't your cup of tea.

Of course, I totally expect for you to come right back and defend your position, rather than to just leave it be 'cause that's what trolls do.   You would never just disappear and go to an existing E10 thread to sing it's praises, or better yet, to start one, because that would simply not serve your purpose here, which is an obvious desire to create discourse.  

Ok.............I'm done feeding this guy.

Jul 24, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #326 of 781
I am entitled to say why I don't like the re-400 on a thread devoted to the re-400, as I have paid good money for a pair and want to share my thoughts.

Please don't patronise me by saying you are trying to help me. Why would you think I needed help? I don't recall asking for it. Saying you are 'done' with me is a bit spoilt teenagerish, don't you think? I don't recall us having a thing going on.

Call me a troll if it helps you through the night.Good suggestion about posting on the E10 thread though - must do that. Cracking good iem.

Jul 24, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #327 of 781
Quote:

I like my women to be musical, exciting and laidback,

You?

What you find musical and exciting may sound like utter **** to me. There is no one size fit all in this hobby.

I dunno why you're still hanging around here if you have nothing constructive to say, you're just wasting your and everyone's time imho, move and and enjoy your music.

Jul 24, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #328 of 781
Edit: changed my mind....

Jul 24, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #329 of 781
Quote:
What you find musical and exciting may sound like utter **** to me. There is no one size fit all in this hobby.

I dunno why you're still hanging around here if you have nothing constructive to say, you're just wasting your and everyone's time imho, move and and enjoy your music.

The women line was a joke mate. I have plenty constructive to say. Saying I feel I've been ripped off with the Re-400 is constructive - its a counter view to those who are saying its the best value iem on the block. Ain't necessarily so.

But yeah, I dont see much mileage in continuing in that vein, now you all know my thoughts on it.

Hope to see you over at the E10 thread, where you are welcome to use words to punch my throat repeatedly, if it floats your boat.

Jul 24, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #330 of 781
Quote:

Saying I feel I've been ripped off with the Re-400 is constructive -

Damn, you're good at this trolling business.   I said I wasn't going to feed you anymore, but then you came up with this, and I'm now compelled to respond.

What you said above is NOT constructive, simply because it is not true.    NO ONE has "ripped you off".   You purchased an IEM that doesn't float your boat.  It has a sound sig that doesn't appeal to you.   Whoop tee doo.    I don't think that there's an IEM on the market, regardless of cost, that will appeal to everyone, no matter who makes it.   I have no doubt that there are those who can't stand the IEM that you adore, the E10.

So lets see.   You purchased something that doesn't serve your needs and you feel that you have been ripped off?    Did HiFiMan guarantee that you would like their IEMS and then refused a refund when you didn't?   THAT would be ripping you off.

Buying something that you don't like and then coming into a review thread stating that you feel that you have been ripped off is not constructive in the least.    If anything, it is destructive, but again, it obviously serves your purpose for being here.

Ok.................NOW I'm done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back