REVIEW: HiFiMAN RE-ZERO. Top of the IEM Food Chain? Let's Find Out!
Jun 14, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #16 of 56
Quote:
The balanced plug sounds interesting. Is there anything that can use it presently, or is there a future product that will take advantage of it?

I don't believe anything can currently take advantage of it. I hope Head-Direct doesn't think of locking people into their line of mp3 players to use the RE-ZERO without an adapter. Innovation is great and all and usually comes at an price, at least initially, but this seems like an issue that could've been avoided.

I posted some pics of the adapter here

Jun 15, 2010 at 2:32 AM Post #18 of 56
I think the problem isn't with the adapter, it is the 3.5mm microphone style plug that cause the problem. Is there a source on earth that can use this plug?

I was expecting a mini-XLR plug. It seems that the first thing owners of RE-ZEROs would do are to cut off the 3.5mm plug and replace it with a mini-XLR plug.

Jun 15, 2010 at 3:51 AM Post #19 of 56
I'm looking forward to this, i'm loving my RE0 but as a bass player and lover i would like a version of the RE0 maintaining the highs and mids i love so much but with more present, impactful bass

Jun 15, 2010 at 4:26 AM Post #20 of 56
complete crazyness. at first they released re252 that many people just couldn't put in their ears and now this microphone plug and bulky adaptor. also, paper filters again? just don't know what to think...

Jun 15, 2010 at 5:36 AM Post #21 of 56

Quote:
Ok - I saw the pic of that of the plug and adapter - that has got to be the worst decision I can think of.  Whose idea was that and what were they thinking? "Hey - lets put a plug on these that won't work with 99% of whats on the market!"  These are immediately ruled out for me because of that..

funny i actually though including the 3.5mm converter is really nice gesture ? who would thought it will back fire ?

if the converter didn't included for free or not even available, people would not complain at all as it is a decision they made knowing it is balanced earphone, heck they would even wish any one on market could make one for them regardless of size and price you can bet on that !!

there is a business lesson to learn from here.......  if the converter didn't included for free or not even available, people would only want to know or find out how it sound compare to other balanced earphone !!

also want to point out is, it is still a decision call, you never hear it let along you haven't ordered one and pay, so why trash some thing before you even hear it or paid for it yet ?? funny ??

Jun 15, 2010 at 5:48 AM Post #22 of 56

Quote:
complete crazyness. at first they released re252 that many people just couldn't put in their ears and now this microphone plug and bulky adaptor. also, paper filters again? just don't know what to think...

i never heard of re252 so i have no right to comment so as any one who never hear of it, the intention was good as they actually researched for re252 and come out with the idea, the market will decide for its popularity at the end. eventually they could still come out with re252 version.2 if they want ~ but if they dont (not even in re262) then they must believe in their design and their good intention

they didnt have to include the paper filter as i havent change my paper filter yet and i doubt i will any time soon, but nothing beats free stuff !! so i got no complain

Jun 15, 2010 at 6:14 AM Post #23 of 56

Quote:

funny i actually though including the 3.5mm converter is really nice gesture ? who would thought it will back fire ?

if the converter didn't included for free or not even available, people would not complain at all as it is a decision they made knowing it is balanced earphone, heck they would even wish any one on market could make one for them regardless of size and price you can bet on that !!

I think people would complain even more seeing as it doesn't apear to work with anything without the adapter. If they didnt include the adapter or didnt even offer it then they would in effect be creating an unusable product.

So to create something that apears to depend on an adapter and then make the adapter of such poor quality is a serious mistake. I really hope they fix the adapter...Or better yet, make it a standard 3.5mm jack. Although im not holding my breath for it.

Despite this I cant wait to get some of my own...and hopefully whip up a new adapter.

Jun 15, 2010 at 7:47 AM Post #24 of 56
I still dont see any reason in making these as balanced headphones.  Anybody really think that you will use these IEM with 475$ Protector (even when you must make reduction for it!)? I know there is other portable balanced amps, but they are not so comon and each use different connector.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jun 15, 2010 at 7:53 AM Post #25 of 56

Quote:
These have actually really surprised me. They really might be the best earphones I have ever heard.

get yourself some customs
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 15, 2010 at 7:57 AM Post #26 of 56
I just want to use this on my walkman,
Looks like I'll be cutting the plug off and putting on a standard 3.5mm stereo plug.
I'd much rather do this than always have to use a bulky adapter.

Jun 15, 2010 at 9:00 AM Post #27 of 56
Disappointing man:frowning2:

Was looking forward to a better RE0 cuz i loved and i still love my RE0.
But seriously, they need to get rid of that giatanic connecter and just do with a 3.5mm plug.

Jun 15, 2010 at 9:21 AM Post #28 of 56
Final product will not have same 2 to 1 adaptor in review samples. Another words, the 2 to 1 adaptor is only to help reviewers to evaluate sound quality because our formal adaptor is not ready yet. We will have the RE-ZERO available in 10 days (end of next week) because we are waiting for the new adaptor finished. The final adaptor will look like the following iphone adaptor, but has normal TRS mini plug and TRRS balanced jack on the other end.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Jun 15, 2010 at 9:49 AM Post #29 of 56
Thanks for letting us know. That's definitely better than the current adapter.

Jun 15, 2010 at 10:03 AM Post #30 of 56

Quote:

there is a business lesson to learn from here.......  if the converter didn't included for free or not even available, people would only want to know or find out how it sound compare to other balanced earphone !!

also want to point out is, it is still a decision call, you never hear it let along you haven't ordered one and pay, so why trash some thing before you even hear it or paid for it yet ?? funny ??

what the heck are you talking about richard? it doesnt bother you that you need the adaptor to use the re-zero, when many people use it with a portable source? the adaptor cant be used with anything else so even if its free why are you grateful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back