[REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM
Jun 29, 2009 at 8:19 AM Post #108 of 2,011
vincelekiller.gif

Jun 30, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #110 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by guineapig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would you recommend the re0's over the sennheiser cx550?

Yes! the RE0 absolutes outclasses it.
The sub $100 category is a no brainer atm with the current RE0 price.

Jun 30, 2009 at 2:32 AM Post #111 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes! the RE0 absolutes outclasses it.
The sub $100 category is a no brainer atm with the current RE0 price.

biggrin.gif
So the re0 is currently the best mid class IEM that you can get for under 100 bucks?

Jun 30, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #112 of 2,011
Quote:

biggrin.gif
So the re0 is currently the best mid class IEM that you can get for under 100 bucks?

Yes. People would class this as a high-end IEM tbh.
It's a complete steal. Remember since this is a mid to high-end IEM, one thing you might not like is that is makes your 128kbps mp3's sound like crap as it reveals the files for what they are, which is low-quality.

Jun 30, 2009 at 2:45 AM Post #115 of 2,011
Yep, I'm gonna order it tomorrow. Main thing that's sort of making me iffy is that it's from China. I'm not sure if it's going to be durable and last me a long time, no offense to the chinese though. <_<

Jun 30, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #116 of 2,011
Quote:

Yep, I'm gonna order it tomorrow. Main thing that's sort of making me iffy is that it's from China. I'm not sure if it's going to be durable and last me a long time, no offense to the chinese though. <_<

The build quality is fine. I don't like the name change to Hifiman from a business standpoint tbh. Most of your electronics in made in China. Also I think Fang has supplies in the US for the US orders.

Jun 30, 2009 at 3:39 AM Post #117 of 2,011
Didn't want to resurrect a 2nd RE0 thread so I'll just post my question here.

Has anyone seen/can anyone make a direct comparison of these to:
1) Phonak PFE
2) Shure E4
I realize that they are all totally different animals, but I need some reference points to imagine the sound of the RE0.

Any input is appreciated!

Jun 30, 2009 at 11:48 AM Post #118 of 2,011
PFE has better treble (no sibilance like the RE0, but more or less the same amount of treble), a more even bass response (no midbass hump) that goes a little deeper than the RE0, better soundstage, much less cable noise.

RE0 has a more "lush" midrange, more bass quantity (well, midbass at least), and probably a better/easier fit than the PFE for most people.

Jun 30, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #119 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PFE has better treble (no sibilance like the RE0, but more or less the same amount of treble), a more even bass response (no midbass hump) that goes a little deeper than the RE0, better soundstage, much less cable noise.

RE0 has a more "lush" midrange, more bass quantity (well, midbass at least), and probably a better/easier fit than the PFE for most people.

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Jul 1, 2009 at 12:16 AM Post #120 of 2,011
Could be due to the Sony hybrid tips I'm using, but I don't get any sibilance or cable noise from RE0.
In fact, lack of sibilance with the amount of treble it provides was what impressed me the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back