Review: Grado RS1
Aug 20, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #31 of 35
Hey ASR,

I see you mentioned the square wave amp? Can you provide me a link to it's website, i cannot find it online.

ALSO, I see you own the ES7. I LOVE that headphone. Do you a headphone that would be a good upgrade from the ES7, while preserving it's sound signature? You should message me about it(i.e. PM me).

Aug 20, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #32 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey ASR,

I see you mentioned the square wave amp? Can you provide me a link to it's website, i cannot find it online.

ALSO, I see you own the ES7. I LOVE that headphone. Do you a headphone that would be a good upgrade from the ES7, while preserving it's sound signature? You should message me about it(i.e. PM me).

I believe he's talking about the Single Power square wave amp. Do not buy anything from Single Power. I believe if you do a search on the forum, you'll find alot of discontent customers from their experience with SP.

Aug 20, 2009 at 9:14 PM Post #34 of 35
This thread made me put on the RS-1 again, since I was listening to recording of a cello. Took me exactly 3 minutes to switch back to the HD800. Listening to the RS-1 made the cello sound way too small, less dynamic and colored. I might never be able to enjoy them again.

Aug 21, 2009 at 1:21 AM Post #35 of 35
Stay away from SP directly. If interested, get one off the F/S forum. Before taking ownership of anything, have it looked over by a qualified tech. Some of his designs have been designed with underspec'ed components that will fail. Other design issues and poor build techniques have put many members in a bind with their amps. That's not to say there aren't some good SP amps but it needs to be understood that a knowledgeable person has to confirm the amp is safe.

Someone has a sell pending for a Square Wave for $300. Check the sale threads.

The RS-1s shine with live, small venue material. They also do as good as any I've yet heard with classic rock and electric blues. They may not do as well with natural instruments as others but electric guitar is oh so good.

ASR's review is a well presented and to my experience, pretty accurate description of them. They are not worth the price of $695. A used set for around $400-450 is a good price for the genre mentioned.

IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back