Review: FitEar Private 333 custom earphone - Big Japan
Mar 31, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #33 of 43
Nice review, I have tried the 333 before, its a awsome iem.

Nov 26, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #34 of 43
This maybe an old thread and nobody is really talking about the Fitear 333. but together with NT-6, the best sounding phone in terms of clarity, detail retrieval and overall neutral or balanced sound signature are not getting enough hype or being talked about nowadays. It also reaffirms my belief that I can't just blindy trust reviews online especially if there is so much hype.

Perhaps not many people share the same taste and priority in sound quality as I do. Number or drivers, crossovers or any tech combined together is a gurantee of better SQ. I can say NT-6 and 333 espacially is a testament to that. It's about tuning and matching your own taste.

After my NT-6 developed a problem and needed to be sent back for repairs. I went out again to try different iems. Since I already have the original Roxanne from JH Audio I tried their latest lineup. (JH13v2, Angie, Layla) each of them is good with one or 2 things but overall I can always find something off which I don't like. Angie is the most neutral and balanced signature-wise but I find the lower mid to upper bass unnatural and colored. The Layla has a very nice treble which presents it in a nice layer of details but I find the bass off and overpowering even at the lowest setting.

The UERR I tried a few weeks ago strikes me as odd artificial treble and boomy bass. The SE846 is the same too colored for my taste.

Tried 334 as well and it sounded veiled in comparison to 333. Considering how old this product is I find the build very high quality. I think I'm paying a lot for the build but I don't mind so long as it last for as long as I live (lol). Oh the wait is 3 months i hope it would be finish sooner.

Jul 3, 2018 at 7:51 AM Post #35 of 43
Recently put in order for a pair of Fit Ear 333’s. Was wondering if anyone had any advice of suitable amps to use, or maybe none at all. Will be playing from my iPhone 6s. Reading reviews on the Mojo, Rx and v5.

Am a newbie to portable setups, have always only been using my iPhone and IEMs. Own a FAD Heaven 6, Fi-Ba-SS and now waiting for 333’s.

Jul 5, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #39 of 43
The Rx is a very good amp, but has a bit more hiss than necessary for those earphones. The iPhone 6's output is VERY good and can stand toe to toe with a number of mid to hi-end DAPs.
Thank you! Much appreciate your advice. Wondering if I can also trouble you for the following questions:

1) if Rx has considerable hiss with the 333, which amp would you recommend for good pairing?

2) am thinking to change to iPhone 8 or X. Would the output be at least as good as the iPhone 6?

Once again thanks!

Jul 27, 2018 at 2:17 AM Post #40 of 43
Thank you! Much appreciate your advice. Wondering if I can also trouble you for the following questions:

1) if Rx has considerable hiss with the 333, which amp would you recommend for good pairing?

2) am thinking to change to iPhone 8 or X. Would the output be at least as good as the iPhone 6?

Once again thanks!
First of all, 333 is very easy to drive. Try it first with your iPhone6S alone. Don't read too much. As more power my become a problem like more hiss and awkward stack/setup. But nobody will stop you if you really want to use an amp. I am going for a one source that can drive everything without compromise, this means for sensitive iems, the source must be very quiet and hiss free, but powerful enough for full-size cans. So far that is the iBasso DX200 for me.

In your case, if you are not going deep into this hobby and will just stick with 333. It would be best to stick to your iPhone 6S.

Jul 27, 2018 at 10:51 PM Post #41 of 43
First of all, 333 is very easy to drive. Try it first with your iPhone6S alone. Don't read too much. As more power my become a problem like more hiss and awkward stack/setup. But nobody will stop you if you really want to use an amp. I am going for a one source that can drive everything without compromise, this means for sensitive iems, the source must be very quiet and hiss free, but powerful enough for full-size cans. So far that is the iBasso DX200 for me.

In your case, if you are not going deep into this hobby and will just stick with 333. It would be best to stick to your iPhone 6S.

Hi headwhacker,

Thank you for the very measured advice. I think you make a lot of sense.. At the moment, I am not really sure I will be going deep into this hobby, though it feels like i am wading in deeper with my earphone progressions over the years, (UM2, Earsonics, Heaven 6, Fi-BA-SS and now 333) I will stick with the iphone 6s for now, I guess until such time the phone fails on me.

I notice that you mention a "one source" set-up to drive everything without compromise. Given that I travel a lot for work, probably a source DAP + IEM is more convenient than a Phone + Amp + iEM, for sound quality/price ratio.

Jul 28, 2018 at 4:13 AM Post #42 of 43
Hi headwhacker,

Thank you for the very measured advice. I think you make a lot of sense.. At the moment, I am not really sure I will be going deep into this hobby, though it feels like i am wading in deeper with my earphone progressions over the years, (UM2, Earsonics, Heaven 6, Fi-BA-SS and now 333) I will stick with the iphone 6s for now, I guess until such time the phone fails on me.

I notice that you mention a "one source" set-up to drive everything without compromise. Given that I travel a lot for work, probably a source DAP + IEM is more convenient than a Phone + Amp + iEM, for sound quality/price ratio.

It’s a matter of personal preference. While a phone nowadaways are very capable music source for most easy to drive iem/headphones, I prefer to use a separate device as a music player and the rest on my phone.

So I have a phone, a DAP and a headphone or 2 with me while travelling.

Dec 13, 2023 at 7:31 AM Post #43 of 43
This maybe an old thread and nobody is really talking about the Fitear 333. but together with NT-6, the best sounding phone in terms of clarity, detail retrieval and overall neutral or balanced sound signature are not getting enough hype or being talked about nowadays. It also reaffirms my belief that I can't just blindy trust reviews online especially if there is so much hype.

Perhaps not many people share the same taste and priority in sound quality as I do. Number or drivers, crossovers or any tech combined together is a gurantee of better SQ. I can say NT-6 and 333 espacially is a testament to that. It's about tuning and matching your own taste.

After my NT-6 developed a problem and needed to be sent back for repairs. I went out again to try different iems. Since I already have the original Roxanne from JH Audio I tried their latest lineup. (JH13v2, Angie, Layla) each of them is good with one or 2 things but overall I can always find something off which I don't like. Angie is the most neutral and balanced signature-wise but I find the lower mid to upper bass unnatural and colored. The Layla has a very nice treble which presents it in a nice layer of details but I find the bass off and overpowering even at the lowest setting.

The UERR I tried a few weeks ago strikes me as odd artificial treble and boomy bass. The SE846 is the same too colored for my taste.

Tried 334 as well and it sounded veiled in comparison to 333. Considering how old this product is I find the build very high quality. I think I'm paying a lot for the build but I don't mind so long as it last for as long as I live (lol). Oh the wait is 3 months i hope it would be finish sooner.

NT-6 is fantastic , been my main CIEM since 2016 (also have EE zeus XR which is no slouch either but NT-6 is pure magic)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back