Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Dec 15, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #2,956 of 3,047
Assemble done. Not a bad combination once completed. But I think I prefer matte black since more scratch resistant and applying clear layer is pain in the ass for this kind of job.

Dec 15, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #2,959 of 3,047
I haven't read through this thread in a long time. Anyone recable these things? I'd like to recable mine at some point...I hate the junk cable that came on them.

Dec 16, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #2,960 of 3,047
Silver blue is nice combo. Not really like the black cushioning. In the end looks better than your previous pics.

Anyway I really appreciate this headphone. It's so comfortable and light and the sound is so smooth= Long hearing sessions. I can even fall alseep with it. The thick cups and cushions works as a pillow.

Dec 20, 2013 at 6:17 AM Post #2,961 of 3,047
  Silver blue is nice combo. Not really like the black cushioning. In the end looks better than your previous pics.

Anyway I really appreciate this headphone. It's so comfortable and light and the sound is so smooth= Long hearing sessions. I can even fall alseep with it. The thick cups and cushions works as a pillow.

I wish my head was small enough to do the same. The clamp is too strong for me to do this :frowning2:

Dec 20, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #2,963 of 3,047
I have a HD650 here and just swapped the headband and cup holders (no pun intended) and its much more comfortable now for longer listening sessions!

Dec 20, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #2,964 of 3,047
I've tried stretching them at crazy angles over books and speakers, sometimes for over a week at a time, and it doesn't seem to do much. 

frown.gif

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #2,966 of 3,047
I've tried stretching them at crazy angles over books and speakers, sometimes for over a week at a time, and it doesn't seem to do much. 

:frowning2:

I would spend my time trying to do the opposite. The fact that they do get much less tight over time is IMO a flawed design. It's crazy the difference between new ones and mine, even when it was just a few months in. It's less comfortable to me personally and it actually sounds worse. It's much less bothersome during long sessions when they're snug in one place rather than simply staying one due to their shape and light unbalanced remaining pressure. The pads are really comfortable so I dunno... My friend also has a big head and he feels the same way.

There are different pads though but looking at the picture, yours seem to be the comfortable ones. I've been looking forever now to try and actually find those for sale. Nobody sells the quality ones anymore...

Jan 23, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #2,970 of 3,047
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if these SRH840 ear cushions would fit with the FA-003 as i'm not sure whether there is a flange for the earpad disc to tuck into. 
(the black plastic disc that used to tuck inside the earpad and then slot into the headphone)

Also if there are any other better alternatives you guys can recommend would be much appreciated.

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-HPAEC840-Replacement-Cushions-Headphones/dp/B002Z9JWZS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375643950&sr=8-1&keywords=Shure+HPAEC840

Users who are viewing this thread

Back