REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-002W High Edition
Feb 22, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #46 of 131
^

Wow, now that's quite a source you've got there! I looked on your profile and it seems you've not gotten them, but do you know as to when these first came available? I'll write to the email you listed anyway though, thanks! I will mull over both your and John's testaments and weigh my options. Many thanks for the help.

Feb 22, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #47 of 131

They are on my Wanted List for now. I just got the T1 and would like a good close back set. Need to sell a few headphone first. :D

Dimitri is very a nice person to deal with. He's very fast responding to email and will always give the best deal he can. Asked him for open box deal if he has any.

Cheer.

^

Wow, now that's quite a source you've got there! I looked on your profile and it seems you've not gotten them, but do you know as to when these first came available? I'll write to the email you listed anyway though, thanks! I will mull over both your and John's testaments and weigh my options. Many thanks for the help.

Mar 1, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #48 of 131
You can now get the High Edition from GD-audiobase

http://gd-audiobase.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=5&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=161&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2

Only costs 50$ extra.

Apr 11, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #49 of 131
Just an update: I recently received a pair of these cans, and MY WORD are these simply incredible. I ordered from Musica Acoustics (thanks for referring me to Dimitri, Twinster!) and they came within 5 days. The purpleheart/amaranth wood cups are very beautiful, comparable to Denons and the W1000x, in my opinion - sometimes, it even changes color. Anyway, the sound from these has the following qualities for me:

+ Laid-back presentation, but still very engaging (perhaps a bit more than the Sennheiser sound)
+ Like LFF said, has a very natural reproduction of sound, I don't think I could bear to listen to Sibelius or Chick Corea with anything else
+ Works with nearly any genre thrown at it, treble is "just-enough" to give you the details, but not enough to make it painful
+ Imaging and detail is superb, matches and sometimes exceeds the Pro 900, DT 770 and even the K601 in those areas
+ Has a bass presence, but doesn't dare try to cover up those tasty mids

- If you like to listen to electronica/hip-hop often (bass and treble emphasis), I would look somewhere else as it may not satisfy compared to something like an Ultrasone
- Soundstage feels a bit lacking in terms of width - for me the Pro 900s seem to have more, but to be fair it IS a closed can
- They can be rather heavy for some, and when it's first on your head it's like one of those jackhammer earcovers
- Very revealing of a poor source
- Don't even think about taking these anywhere. Nope

In the future, I'd like to compare these to the regular FA-002W, HD 6xx/598, DT 880 and whatever else I can get my hands on. I am running these with the Yulong D100, and compared them to the DT 770 (250) and the Pro 900's. I hope I didn't simply echo everything that LFF wrote in his review! :D

May 26, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #50 of 131
Mine are the so-called High Edition with handsome amaranth wood cups.

These just keep getting better and better sounding. See Chris Martens' review at absolutesound.com.
https://www.theabsolutesound.com/ar...er-series-high-edition-headphones-playback-49

The stock cables are not so good but when replaced the headphone is a joy to hear if you've got an amp that can handle their fussy 200 ohm impedance.

Now discontinued. but you should be able to pick up a used pair online for not that much money.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #51 of 131
Is anyone willing to take some photos of the inside of their High Edition (the circuit board and the back of the driver)? That would help us see what changes Fischer has made.

Sep 7, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #56 of 131
this paired with E9 as amp and E10 as dac sounds harsh on some genres like rock.. is this headphone suitable for rock?

Sep 7, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #57 of 131
Quote:
what will these resistors do? if i bypass the resistor will these sound like an fa003?:)

Yup.

I guess someone would reverse engineer it and post the schematic for us to DIY.

Sep 7, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #58 of 131
Looks like three SMD resistors two are in series and one in parallel with a cap on both sides. Not sure what the values are and it is in series with one wire to the driver, the red. look like that they may have added another part to the driver terminals under the putty but may have been on the original design, not sure.

Sep 9, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #59 of 131
i forgot to set the e9 to high gain. on low gain these sound very harsh. i can't bare listening to tracks with piano. when i set my e9 to high gain the headphones came alive. i have been listening to them now for over 3 hours and still can't get enough.:)

Sep 27, 2012 at 5:11 AM Post #60 of 131
Seems they have updated the cup design to include helix cup system. From website,

We use patented helix system in the most expensive versions of wooden cups. The process of making such cups is very labour intensive and time-consuming. But the result attained when you use this configuration is worth the effort. An amphitheatre is a set of flat surfaces located at various depths and creating a pattern of favourable reflections. A helix does not have any flat surfaces and is asymmetric at every point; therefore, it disperses sound waves inside the cup chaotically, giving an incomparably richer pattern of internal re-reflections than an amphitheatre. A helix provides better resonance suppression system that means that the dispersion of sound waves is much higher.

http://fischeraudio.ru/index.php/en/support/technical-faq/35-the-difference-between-helix-and-amphitheatre-cups

Also still havent found any adapters for the FA-002W to turn them into the high edition :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back