REVIEW: Final Audio Design- Piano Forte II
Apr 3, 2012 at 5:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

EPICFAILXD

100+ Head-Fier
These are the 'entry level' earbuds in the Final Audio line. Founded in 1974, Final Audio is a Japanese audio company that specializes in manufacturing high-end earphones, amps, and speakers etc . If you want to know more about them, check out their website --> http://final-audio-design.com/

I got these in HK for $348 a few days ago, and i've burned them in for 35 hours. Here are my thoughts so far:

Comfort: pretty average, can begin to hurt after more than an hour of use (i've got small ears :p)
Design/Build: looks classy, really well built, with well chosen materials. however, the thin cable could be a case for concern.
Accesories: there isnt much to speak of- you get the earbuds (ofc) a manual and thats it. not even a carrying case but oh well
Sound:
   highs: natural and clear sounding, a bit recessed
   mids: "                                          " 
   bass: well extended, tight and precise, controlled
   clarity/instrument seperation: clarity is good, but you can really pick out different instruments and listen to them individually :D
   soundstage/imaging: great soundstage, everything is spread out, there's tallness as well as width
   vocals are forward and clear
   presentation: they aren't what you'd call bright, but they aren't dark either. Slightly mid-centric.
Isolation: terrible, you can hear every damn thing thats around you, but what else would you expect of earbuds?
Value: for the performance you get, the value is amazing. i would buy it again and again

Source: 4th gen iPod Touch, unamped, EQ off 

Pros and Cons:

+: great soundstage, natural sound, well built, best bang/buck compared to anything else i've tried
- : not really comfortable, isolation is naff, thin cable, pretty stingy acessories :/ 

Overall guys, try'em out, get your hands on a pair. these are much better than the standard Apple earbuds. you won't be disappointed :) 

PS: One more thing, if you have these, it would be a good idea to remove the sponge thingy thats on the 'horn hole' (nozzle). really improves the clarity imo

Apr 5, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #2 of 3
Update: It turns out the reason they werent really comfortable was because i didnt know how to wear them. After having experimented with the fit, i found a comfortable seal and can now wear them for like a few hours without any discomfort :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back