Review: Fiio E7
Dec 7, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #303 of 548
I have a Sansa Clip (1st gen) with OLED display and I use it 3-5 days a week when exercising. I've had it for 2½ years and the display works/looks as new. I've turned the brightness down a bit to save power.

To be honest I've never seen an OLED display burn out before. I also have a 3 year old iRiver Clix 2 with AMOLED screen and it still works like a charm. As long as you have the option to turn off the screen I don't see a problem here.

Dec 7, 2010 at 4:44 AM Post #304 of 548

Quote:
I have a Sansa Clip (1st gen) with OLED display and I use it 3-5 days a week when exercising. I've had it for 2½ years and the display works/looks as new. I've turned the brightness down a bit to save power.

To be honest I've never seen an OLED display burn out before. I also have a 3 year old iRiver Clix 2 with AMOLED screen and it still works like a charm. As long as you have the option to turn off the screen I don't see a problem here.

Yeah, I guess if you're careful with not allowing a static image on screen then there is a much smaller risk of burn-in.

Past incidence of Clip burn in: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39747

Dec 9, 2010 at 10:22 AM Post #308 of 548
not sure if u can link a sansa clip+ to the fiioE7....from my recollection..anyone can verify?

Dec 9, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #309 of 548
Hey guys just a couple questions. Probably been asked many times before but just making sure.

For my home setup right now, I use hje900 or m50 with my laptop. The laptop has a generic soundcard which I assume isn't good at all. If what I been researching about DACs are correct, the e7 should bypass the onboard soundcard and deliver a much better sound? And if eventually I want to upgrade my headphones to a higher end, the e7 would be great to buy because with the the synergy it has with the powerful e9 according to other threads right?

And if I want to use the e7 with my portable set up I need a line-out? But since there isn't one for the zune yet (if what I been researching is true), will it work with the cowon j3 (which I might buy over the holidays)?

Sorry for many of these redundant questions. I know that they probably have been asked many times before but I just need some actual confirmation just to be 100% clear on this before I take the plunge for DACs/Amps/Line-outs which I am not familiar with at all.

Dec 9, 2010 at 6:54 PM Post #310 of 548
Are any long time owners experiencing much burn-in or degradation of the E7's display? Just got mine this week and I really hate the keylock "feature." The keylock should be changed to a display sleep function or display sleep should be added (through firmware please!). The display should automatically go to sleep after a user-selectable number of seconds like 10, 20, 30, or 60.

If burn-in isn't really seeming like a problem, I'll just leave the display on until they give us this option.

Dec 9, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #311 of 548
I have bee running my E7 with the keylock from day one. I don't mind to wait for a while to unlocked it and access any function.  According to the system timer I have been using my E7 for 20 d 7 h 4 m. No sign of burn-in.

Dec 10, 2010 at 10:18 AM Post #312 of 548

Quote:
Hey guys just a couple questions. Probably been asked many times before but just making sure.

For my home setup right now, I use hje900 or m50 with my laptop. The laptop has a generic soundcard which I assume isn't good at all. If what I been researching about DACs are correct, the e7 should bypass the onboard soundcard and deliver a much better sound? And if eventually I want to upgrade my headphones to a higher end, the e7 would be great to buy because with the the synergy it has with the powerful e9 according to other threads right?

And if I want to use the e7 with my portable set up I need a line-out? But since there isn't one for the zune yet (if what I been researching is true), will it work with the cowon j3 (which I might buy over the holidays)?

YES. (for all questions)

err... not really sure about J3 though.

Dec 10, 2010 at 9:09 PM Post #313 of 548

Quote:
Quote:

YES. (for all questions)

err... not really sure about J3 though.

Thanks a bunch! The confirmation is good. Looks like I will be getting the e7 for the holidays :)

Dec 11, 2010 at 6:24 AM Post #314 of 548
IMO, after listening to the E7 extensively this last week, I'd like to say: discard my opinion that it cannot replace my Xonar D1.  Whilst the Xonar D1 can be fun (especially EQ'ing the sub-bass), on my IE8's, the sound separation on the E7 really shows.  It seems as if the soundstage has widened even further (a bigger soundstage on the IE8? what!?), quite possibly into the 3D realm, and everything just seems much more clean than the Xonar.  On the Xonar, the sound feels rather thick and more in front of you, and distinguishing where each instrument is without bleeding into each other is more difficult than the E7.  I really was quite sceptical that  a USB DAC Amp could improve so much upon the sound card, but I have to give it to the E7 for doing this!  Especially as people have mentioned that they found the synergy with the IE8 quite bad (I don't find it bad at all).

Dec 12, 2010 at 8:43 PM Post #315 of 548
As I am retired now and although I am blessed to have a disability pension,my "fun money" is limited.So I am glad to read on these many informative pages that I can add a good sounding amp to my portable device for around 100 bucks.Heck,it took a while for me to just move up to a Sennheiser HD-448 headphone in addition to the Sennheiser EH-150 I have had for a year.I like my 448 but would like to add a little more bass to my music sometimes depending on the recording.This amp may be just the ticket.I can say without reservation that all the reviews and opinions sure help even us folks on limited budgets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back