REVIEW | CustomArt Music One --- Klasyczny!
Jul 23, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #31 of 38
Quote:

Thanks. Well, I do have a set of 4.A (not Ai, though I've heard the 4.Ai quite a few times), so I can try to compare the two, though it'll be my no means precise. If I compare between the 4.A and the Pro100, I'll notice that the Pro100 sounds noticeably cleaner, because the lower midrange of the 4.A/Ai is elevated. This elevation causes voices to be pushed much closer to the ear than compared to the Pro100. At the same time, the 4.A sounds more detailed and has more of an "enveloping" feeling that allows the listener to feel more engrossed by the music.

It's my understanding that the 4A and 4Ai share the same drivers, so they should have at least similar sound qualities. Interesting that you find voices to be more forward, and yet the sound is "more enveloping". This to me seems to be a contradiction. A top to bottom coherency of the stereo image gets me engaged. Accentuation of any particular frequency I might find a distraction. With the 4Ai I have similar impressions to yours, and I think the 4Ai is brilliant. "Engrossing" is a word you used. I feel the same about the 4Ai. I am perplexed at this but happily so. This leaves my with a lot to think about, and more questions to answer before I make a choice of CIEM.

I appreciate your musician's perspective. Musicians, recording engineers, and audiophiles all look for different qualities in their transducers. It really helps to know where you are coming from. It seems that you have an appreciation for what others might want too. 

Sep 21, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #32 of 38
Thx for that detailed review Tomscy2000. You have really peaked my interest in silicone CIEMS. I listen to all sorts of classical music from Bach to Part and Tuur. What difference do u think as a violinist the 330 will make?

Sep 21, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #33 of 38
  Thx for that detailed review Tomscy2000. You have really peaked my interest in silicone CIEMS. I listen to all sorts of classical music from Bach to Part and Tuur. What difference do u think as a violinist the 330 will make?

The violin has a pitch range from a low G (196 Hz) to >4 kHz, with harmonics extending up to 10k. If you want an even presence of sound across the violin range, you'll want something neutral across 200 to 10k.

I haven't heard the Pro330 personally, but from what I know, it is a U-shaped monitor, with emphasis on the low bass and upper treble. The core frequency range of the violin (and the majority of orchestral instruments) should be somewhat neutral. However, it is not a perfectly neutral monitor. It has some warmth in the midrange for better vocal monitoring as well.

For first hand impressions of the Pro330, I recommend you visit the general CustomArt thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/663051/new-custom-iem-company-custom-art-discussion-review-and-appreciation-thread

Sep 24, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #34 of 38
Maybe Peter will correctly if I'm wrong but his Pro210 was tuned in such a way that the frequency response between 300 Hz and 10 kHz is flat. So, maybe Pro210 would be a good choice for you LargoCantobile.

Jan 18, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #36 of 38

Users who are viewing this thread

Back