Review: Clear Tune Monitors CTM-200 dual-driver custom
Mar 7, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #91 of 95
  I keep coming back almost getting the CTM-200.   I've been searching for a signature opposite of my thick, warm, 3D bassy, intimate AS2, and the search has led me to considering the FAB Heaven V, Ocharaku Flat4 Suis, RE400/RE600,    But they are all IEMs, and the only one with probably a 5 in build quality is the FAB, but its signature is similar to the AS2 from what I understand.   Since Ijoker, you said that the CTM-200 is similar in signature to the 7550, could I safely assume its also more resolving than the 7550 and would be a step up from the 7550?   I'm hoping also that they will be on the same level, yet different signature as my AS2 despite the $$ difference, LOL!
I also contacted Clear Tunes again, and this time found out that they will not send out a universal demo of any of their products, you have to come to them.  Plus, they are not going to be making a universal for public purchase, it will only be to ship to a band member until their customs are ready and may be available for purchase by band members for the same price as customs.   Also, in speaking with the owner, he did describe the listening experience of the CTM200 as "being on stage" vs sitting several rows back in an auditorium, and that's another thing I'm looking for, to have the music surrounding me.   He also said compared to the AS2, because of not having a big dynamic driver, the mids and highs are clearer and more present which is also appeals to me.

I don't think the CTM-200 is super similar to the 7550 - I just said it's closer to what you seemed to be looking for than the Sony. The Sony has flat, deep bass and smooth upper mids and treble with a slightly warm tone. The CTM rolls off at the bottom a little and has more presence in the upper mids that gives it that clarity. Its treble is not quite so laid-back, either, though it's still pretty smooth. 

That said, the CTM-200 is certainly not bassy, warm, thick, or intimate. 

Mar 8, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #92 of 95

I don't think the CTM-200 is super similar to the 7550 - I just said it's closer to what you seemed to be looking for than the Sony. The Sony has flat, deep bass and smooth upper mids and treble with a slightly warm tone. The CTM rolls off at the bottom a little and has more presence in the upper mids that gives it that clarity. Its treble is not quite so laid-back, either, though it's still pretty smooth. 

That said, the CTM-200 is certainly not bassy, warm, thick, or intimate. 

Holy smokes, you respond quick!  you're hired!!   Actually, I am starting a:
                        IEM Psychic Hotline 1-800-IEM-JOKER
.(Each caller will get for $100:  3 IEM suggestions of different price pts. that will be in perfect tune with your ideal sound!)  
What do you think????
wink_face.gif

Just a clarification on "intimate"  I do find my AS2 "intimate" with a very small room and I'm next to the stage.   I think what the owner of Clear Tunes meant when he said "the 200 makes you feel on the stage or live" is being in a large room but not far off in the audience???

Mar 8, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #93 of 95
  Holy smokes, you respond quick!  you're hired!!   Actually, I am starting a:
                        IEM Psychic Hotline 1-800-IEM-JOKER
.(Each caller will get for $100:  3 IEM suggestions of different price pts. that will be in perfect tune with your ideal sound!)  
What do you think????
wink_face.gif

Just a clarification on "intimate"  I do find my AS2 "intimate" with a very small room and I'm next to the stage.   I think what the owner of Clear Tunes meant when he said "the 200 makes you feel on the stage or live" is being in a large room but not far off in the audience???

I think that's a bit pricy 
tongue.gif

I can't compare it to the AS2 but the CTM-200 is pretty well spaced-out - if you've tried any of the GR07 variants, it's something like that. 

Mar 8, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #94 of 95

I think that's a bit pricy 
tongue.gif

I can't compare it to the AS2 but the CTM-200 is pretty well spaced-out - if you've tried any of the GR07 variants, it's something like that. 

It was $100, $50 for me, $50 for you!!
biggrin.gif

Thanks for your help with my decision!   PS Hooray, we finally got CA weather!!  Hope to send you some of our rain, and lots of it!!LOL!
wink_face.gif

Feb 19, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #95 of 95

Users who are viewing this thread

Back