[Review] CK100PRO Unboxing & Impressions (+ a retrospective journey with Audio-technica and versus CK100)
Aug 7, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #152 of 356
Quote:
Go with ck100pro, they are all that, sound stage are not wide but for ba they are great.

I find the soundstage of the CK100PRO to be very wide, so wide it at times on some recordings sound like many instruments are played behind you that are not played at that angle with almost any of my other in-ears.
They do lack somewhat in depths in relation to it's great width and do lack in center stage imaging because of their wideness. A bit too left and right instead of in front of you.

Oct 4, 2013 at 2:44 AM Post #154 of 356
Hey. I'm writing because I'm currently eyeing the CK100pro. They do look very tempting, the only thing that worries me is the fit. I've almost only read good things about them. The thing I want to know is, are they still up there with the big boys? Is there any iem in the ~$400 range that beats it? Considering the very good prices on them. I'm looking for a pretty flat response as I have the ASG-2 and UE900 and I'm selling off the GR07 mk II, R-50, Redgiant A03 and Sennheiser IE8 because I don't feel they fill up any spot where I consider them better than ASG-2 and UE900 with 100 ohms added. Should I buy these? I'm almost allergic to the 8kHz sibilance but I like comply tips and find them very comfortable (TS series at least). 10kHz is a lesser problem for me.

Oct 4, 2013 at 4:27 AM Post #155 of 356
  Hey. I'm writing because I'm currently eyeing the CK100pro. They do look very tempting, the only thing that worries me is the fit. I've almost only read good things about them. The thing I want to know is, are they still up there with the big boys? Is there any iem in the ~$400 range that beats it? Considering the very good prices on them. I'm looking for a pretty flat response as I have the ASG-2 and UE900 and I'm selling off the GR07 mk II, R-50, Redgiant A03 and Sennheiser IE8 because I don't feel they fill up any spot where I consider them better than ASG-2 and UE900 with 100 ohms added. Should I buy these? I'm almost allergic to the 8kHz sibilance but I like comply tips and find them very comfortable (TS series at least). 10kHz is a lesser problem for me.

CK100pro is not flat. Like always sound is subjective but to me they are the best that I have in my current collection. I had the chance to compare it against 1+2, while 1+2 had deeper bass on all round ck100pro was able to keep up with that iem just fine. 

Fit wise I use ortofon tips and I find fit very comfy. the stock silicon tip are rather uncomfortable and gives sibilant to the sound which ortofon fixes. 

Oct 4, 2013 at 4:41 AM Post #156 of 356
Yeah the stock tips are rather horrible in their comfort. They are the same as the ones used on the much cheaper Audio Technica in-ears.
If you like a leaner sound with great clarity and detail these are pretty darn good.
Personally I find the IE800 superior when it comes to listening to and enjoying music, but then again they are much more expensive.

Oct 4, 2013 at 6:29 AM Post #157 of 356

CK100pro is not flat. Like always sound is subjective but to me they are the best that I have in my current collection. I had the chance to compare it against 1+2, while 1+2 had deeper bass on all round ck100pro was able to keep up with that iem just fine. 

Fit wise I use ortofon tips and I find fit very comfy. the stock silicon tip are rather uncomfortable and gives sibilant to the sound which ortofon fixes. 

What part of the sound is not flat-ish? I'm not really looking for ER4S flat but something that's not really exaggerating any part of the spectrum. I know that there is a huge lift in the treble around 10k but I think comply tips would help with that if no silicone tips will do the trick. 

Oct 4, 2013 at 6:39 AM Post #158 of 356

What part of the sound is not flat-ish? I'm not really looking for ER4S flat but something that's not really exaggerating any part of the spectrum. I know that there is a huge lift in the treble around 10k but I think comply tips would help with that if no silicone tips will do the trick. 

This is hard for me to explain as I think my preference is quiet different to vast majority of you guys out there. It took me 2 months to get used to the clarity and energetic sound of ck100pro. They are not an IEM that one would use for hours long music listening as their sound is quiet energetic and can cause fatigue. So for those long flight better pack in some other gear. They isolate quiet well and for me the fit is just right, never had any physical ear fatigue.

I love the bass texture and speed on them however they do not decay as nice as a dynamic IEM. The bass is quiet punchy and fast. High very crystal. Mid-range is right however they will not attract your attention.

Oct 4, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #159 of 356
Well.. the bass LOOKS a little elevated and the treble is elevated compared to a totally flat FR. But I just wondered how much that is perceived. I already have my non-fatiguing iems. I want detail, neutral-ish, separation, soundstage and a tiny bit more bass than just a flat response.

Oct 4, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #160 of 356
Got these yesterday, and when compared with the CK10 and TDK BA200, I'm inclined to return the CK100Pro. For the price, I'm just not getting enough from them and I find the earpiece a bit too heavy along with the moving piece to be annoying to position correctly.

I'm awaiting PFE232's next week, which I got for $420. Should be interesting to see how they compare to my thoughts on the CK100Pro.

Oct 6, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #161 of 356
I recently purchased these and I have to admit they are quickly becoming my favourite IEMs.  I definitely prefer them to the Westone 4Rs and Shure SE535s which were both decent, but had one minus point each that put me off keeping them.  I do find the isolation on the CK100PROs is better than has been reported provided you get a good fit.  To me they're just as good at isolating as the 4Rs and I find them more comfortable.  And the bass response is definitely better than the CK100s for those who found it lacking in that IEM.

One thing I am concerned about is how the CK100PROs will sound with a mini MP3 player.  I'm currently trying to decide between the Sansa Clip +, the Sony NWZ or the Creative Zen Style M100.  Has anyone paired the CK100PROs with any of these players and how did it sound?

Oct 6, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #163 of 356
Works great with clip+ nothing to worry about.

I recently purchased these and I have to admit they are quickly becoming my favourite IEMs.  I definitely prefer them to the Westone 4Rs and Shure SE535s which were both decent, but had one minus point each that put me off keeping them.  I do find the isolation on the CK100PROs is better than has been reported provided you get a good fit.  To me they're just as good at isolating as the 4Rs and I find them more comfortable.  And the bass response is definitely better than the CK100s for those who found it lacking in that IEM.

One thing I am concerned about is how the CK100PROs will sound with a mini MP3 player.  I'm currently trying to decide between the Sansa Clip +, the Sony NWZ or the Creative Zen Style M100.  Has anyone paired the CK100PROs with any of these players and how did it sound?

Right now you can get the PFE232 at around the same price as the CK100Pro. I've tried both this week and am going with the PFE232 as my keeper. I also have a Clip+ and it may be my favorite source for the PFE232, even over my Microstreamer with Arrow amp...

Oct 6, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #164 of 356
It took me 2 months to get used to ck100pro. It is not one of those iems that will suit many, very revealing, enegertic and requires decent sources and good recording . It simply a fuller sounding er4s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back