[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Jul 16, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #1,622 of 7,021
Quote:
The bird has spoken :D
(It does lack bass though)

Not to these ears (bolded text) and its treble (with the amp I use [V200]) is actually pretty refined.

Interesting that the midrange is hardly ever mentioned. The midrange being a very difficult frequency to get right.

Jul 16, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #1,623 of 7,021
Not to these ears (bolded text) and its treble (with the amp I use [V200]) is actually pretty refined.

Interesting that the midrange is hardly ever mentioned. The midrange being a very difficult frequency to get right.
[/quote
Those ears must be filled with bird seeds...

Jul 17, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #1,624 of 7,021
Ok, I won't be able to answer any direct questions about the ASG-2 (or 1Plus2) for a while.

My ASG-2 is on its way to a friend in the States, who will then send it to Europe for a quick loaner. 

The 1Plus2 is on its way to the next tour destination.

I did a quick listen this morning before packing both up. I was in a bit of an Adele mood, so I fired up her 21 album. One thing that struck me was during the opening sequence of One and Only. The ASG-2 presented the piano with great richness, space, and timbre, but the 1Plus2 almost sounded like a harpsichord in comparison. It was really interesting to hear.

Anyway, Carlsan should have his SD3 today, so he should be able to do a quickie comparison between it and the G2 as an alternative to mine.

Jul 17, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #1,625 of 7,021
Eke, look forward to audition ASG2 and SD3, and i can bring my 1+2 along so James can do side by side audition as well. I hope James would not mind talking about analogue and vinyl but i promise not to abuse his patience :)))

Jul 17, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #1,626 of 7,021
Not sure if anyone already answered this but I'm curious about the midbass of the ASG-2 vs the midbass of the W4. Could anyone offer a brief comparison? Thanks in advance!

Jul 17, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #1,627 of 7,021
Quote:
Eke, look forward to audition ASG2 and SD3, and i can bring my 1+2 along so James can do side by side audition as well. I hope James would not mind talking about analogue and vinyl but i promise not to abuse his patience :)))

Just don't traumatize the guy.

Jul 17, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #1,628 of 7,021
Quote:

Quote:

No problem. Gintaras, feel free to bring along some of your favorite analogue vinyl records....
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 17, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #1,629 of 7,021
Quote:

Eke, i promise 
wink_face.gif

NB: originally composed and performed by The Who in 1971 
L3000.gif

actually two versions, pick the one you like more.

Jul 17, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #1,630 of 7,021
Eke, you deserve a break anyway. :beerchug:

If I may, I can take over any question answering duties in your stead. I will do my best to use appropriately sarcastic visual material. :D

Jul 17, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #1,632 of 7,021
Quote:
Eke, you deserve a break anyway.
beerchug.gif

If I may, I can take over any question answering duties in your stead. I will do my best to use appropriately sarcastic visual material.
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

By all means

The ASG-2 seems to have the sound signature I'm looking for, but it's too expensive.  Are there any universal iems that have a sound signature similar to the ASG-2, but are less than $300?

Other than the ASG-1, I'm not sure. The ASG-1 is darker than the ASG-2 though, and is a few tiers lower on the technical scale.

Jul 17, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #1,633 of 7,021
Quote:
Anyway, Carlsan should have his SD3 today, so he should be able to do a quickie comparison between it and the G2 as an alternative to mine.

Looks more like I'm getting it tomorrow, and I may be to busy for a few days to devote much time to the threads.
I'll see what I can do, either way, I'll write something up in a few days, depending on internet access at the Beach place were we are going off to.

Jul 18, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #1,634 of 7,021
Anyone here knows what would be the recommended IEM cable(s) for ASG-2 given its sound signature to enhance and bring out the best of its audio capability? I know eke says that the Uber cable from Tralucent is the best that he has heard so far, but its price is simply too high. How about other IEM cables that offer a slightly lower tier quality at a cheaper price but has good compatibility with ASG-2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back