[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Sep 18, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #6,647 of 7,021
This would be my first ever portable dac or amp. My primary concern is with actually getting the most out of the ASG 2.5, but is there any other top-tier options that would have a smaller footprint? I still haven't figured out how I'm going to carry this thing around!

Sep 18, 2016 at 1:29 AM Post #6,648 of 7,021
This would be my first ever portable dac or amp. My primary concern is with actually getting the most out of the ASG 2.5, but is there any other top-tier options that would have a smaller footprint? I still haven't figured out how I'm going to carry this thing around!
Arrow amp which is tiny,powerful with treble and bass boost.

Sep 18, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #6,649 of 7,021

Pick one , E5 or the mojo with your mobile . :L3000:
Hahaha

Sep 18, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #6,651 of 7,021
Only downside with the arrows is , infinite waiting time for it to arrive at the doorstep . Only 399usd if not mind the wait .
But if you're someone whom is not patience enough , or currently doesn't has a substitute for the time being for you to enjoy while waiting for the arrows to come knocking .
Go get yourself a ready made ones ,

I got to admit , as much as I would like to place the order of those arrows , the infinite waiting is the reason why I choose to go with the mojo , but then again , very soon the arrows will be the next in the list purchase after the acquisitions the rest of my wtb stuff .

Sep 19, 2016 at 1:36 AM Post #6,652 of 7,021
Only downside with the arrows is , infinite waiting time for it to arrive at the doorstep . Only 399usd if not mind the wait .
But if you're someone whom is not patience enough , or currently doesn't has a substitute for the time being for you to enjoy while waiting for the arrows to come knocking .
Go get yourself a ready made ones ,

I got to admit , as much as I would like to place the order of those arrows , the infinite waiting is the reason why I choose to go with the mojo , but then again , very soon the arrows will be the next in the list purchase after the acquisitions the rest of my wtb stuff .

Forgive my lack of search skills, but have you posted a review comparing the performance of the ASG 2.5 with the Mojo vs the E5?

Sep 19, 2016 at 4:41 AM Post #6,653 of 7,021
Forgive my lack of search skills, but have you posted a review comparing the performance of the ASG 2.5 with the Mojo vs the E5?

No I didn't have the audiophile standards required do comparison .
But I can tell you wirh honestly , I very much enjoyed the 2.5 with the E5 + mobile phone . I didn't had the chance to connect my mobile to mojo to do a direct comparison between the 2 , cos my mobile are not able to Audio out via usb to the mojo , so I wouldn't know the real sound of the mojo paring up with my mobile .
But I fully enjoy the music out of the 2.5 + E5 ,
For me personally , both 2.5 and E5 is like make for each other, very satisfying

Sep 22, 2016 at 4:41 AM Post #6,654 of 7,021
2.5 , YY Pro Audio Cable, Hugo, Phone.

Sep 22, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #6,656 of 7,021
Sep 22, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #6,657 of 7,021
2.5 , YY Pro Audio Cable, Hugo, Phone.

Are you happy with the Hugo mate? 
smile.gif

Sep 22, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #6,658 of 7,021
Are you happy with the Hugo mate? :smile:
Sound wise yes, bigger stage, greater details, deeper bass than anything I had that can be held in hand. Very good blue tooth but the volume wheel is meh. BTW I do use EQ.

Sep 22, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #6,659 of 7,021
Sound wise yes, bigger stage, greater details, deeper bass than anything I had that can be held in hand. Very good blue tooth but the volume wheel is meh.

Glad to hear.

Great soundstage width is important, you can have a DAP or DAC that sounds amazing in detail and every technical aspect, though if the stage is narrow beyond a certain extent it ruins the experience for me. And I've found its a grey area that doesn't always equate to the more expensive player having a wider stage. Quite a random thing.

Sep 22, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #6,660 of 7,021
Glad to hear.

Great soundstage width is important, you can have a DAP or DAC that sounds amazing in detail and every technical aspect, though if the stage is narrow beyond a certain extent it ruins the experience for me. And I've found its a grey area that doesn't always equate to the more expensive player having a wider stage. Quite a random thing.
I cant disagree with you. I demoed a few amps and amp/dacs that sounded good but not great. Some just wasnt good enough to buy, others were small, very portable but soundwise were not a big improvement over a dap I had. Now lets see how I deal with its size. As of now the sound is worth the effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back