[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Jan 14, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #5,491 of 7,021
Heh just realised i'm an idiot. I had been playing with the screws in different positions then went and had lunch and came back and reset the screws to zero for another session and all of a sudden the music just sounded off. I shook my head a bit tried again and nope still sounded funny so lets try some other tips. Spent a fair while trying different tips, even pulled out my collection of assorted spare tips but nope none of the tips fixed the strange way it sounded. I was scratching my head a bit, perhaps these were faulty or something, then i played with the screws again only to realise i had one set to the minimum and one to the maximum lol. Everything is back to normal now and its sounding fantastic again! Must remember right side is clockwise to zero and left side is anti clockwise to zero!!!

My only gripe so far is that the carry case is too big and fancy! A additional small carrying pouch that fits in my pocket would have been nice but i'm sure i have one lying around somewhere.

Jan 14, 2015 at 7:30 AM Post #5,492 of 7,021
Heh just realised i'm an idiot. I had been playing with the screws in different positions then went and had lunch and came back and reset the screws to zero for another session and all of a sudden the music just sounded off. I shook my head a bit tried again and nope still sounded funny so lets try some other tips. Spent a fair while trying different tips, even pulled out my collection of assorted spare tips but nope none of the tips fixed the strange way it sounded. I was scratching my head a bit, perhaps these were faulty or something, then i played with the screws again only to realise i had one set to the minimum and one to the maximum lol. Everything is back to normal now and its sounding fantastic again! Must remember right side is clockwise to zero and left side is anti clockwise to zero!!!

My only gripe so far is that the carry case is too big and fancy! A additional small carrying pouch that fits in my pocket would have been nice but i'm sure i have one lying around somewhere.

Don't worry you're not the only one ;D A friend of mine nearly bought a new pair of IE80's when he did the same thing with his IE80's. I'd be confused too, since the screw on the ASG-2's aren't configured that way.

Jan 14, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #5,493 of 7,021
Without being bothered to read through the whole thread, am I correct to say the bass is toned down on the updated 2.5 and has a more forwards mid range? How does the 2.0 or 2.5 compare with the um3x which I currently have in terms of mids, instrument separation and bass?

Jan 14, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #5,494 of 7,021
Hey guys need spme advice on general maintenance. I got a pair of asg2 stealth. Its coming to its 2nd year and the coating protecting the paint is wearing. Any idea how can i give it a new coat? Clear nail polish? Or other compounds?

Jan 14, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #5,495 of 7,021
  Without being bothered to read through the whole thread, am I correct to say the bass is toned down on the updated 2.5 and has a more forwards mid range? How does the 2.0 or 2.5 compare with the um3x which I currently have in terms of mids, instrument separation and bass?

You don't have to read the WHOLE thread, just the 1st page.

As for a comparison to UM3X, these are way different.  I have UMPro30 and ASG 2.5 are not them.  Read the 1st page and you shell get your answer.  

UMPro30 is much darker, bass hits hard but doesn't have the low rumble like the ASG 2.5.  Treble is cleaner on the ASG.  Mids are not forward on the ASG.  My 2 cents.  

Jan 14, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #5,496 of 7,021
Hey guys need spme advice on general maintenance. I got a pair of asg2 stealth. Its coming to its 2nd year and the coating protecting the paint is wearing. Any idea how can i give it a new coat? Clear nail polish? Or other compounds?

scrub off the rest of the coating with a steel wood pad to give it a matte finish   

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #5,498 of 7,021
So far im finding these to respond quite differently with different sources. With my denon receiver all i hear is bass and mids, the top end seems non existant. With my a200p there is more top end but its still lacking somewhat. To my ears it sounds best coming straight out of my ipad. I still have to test it straight from my s5 and other idevices but it seems like the BA responsible for the treble might be sensitive to output impedance.

Just been trying different tips abd i've found the silicone tips from my ath-im70s work extremely well, i thought the mids on my se846s were good but the asg 2.5 may just surpass them! The one thing i find quite amazing and also quite hard to explain is its ability to portray the space around the vocals and instruments, its almost a kind of 3D effect its able to create around the music.

Jan 24, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #5,500 of 7,021
Coming from the PFE 232, the 1+ will be likely be closer to what you're looking for, but still not on the money. I'd recommend taking a look at the K3003 or FAD Heaven VII as a replacement for the PFE232. 

Jan 25, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #5,503 of 7,021
  hi does anyone know why the aurisonics company is not replying my emails and enquiries ?

Probably they're all tied up at the CES2015

They are tied up, but not CES2015. It's NAMM2015. 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back