Review: Audio Technica ATH-ES7, perfect companion for IEM fans + lots of pics!!
May 2, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #17 of 39
I was curious, how does J&R Electronics handle orders to Canada? I mean, do you have to pay extra customs tax when they pass the border or are they shipped as a ""gift"?

May 2, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #18 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf04 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was curious, how does J&R Electronics handle orders to Canada? I mean, do you have to pay extra customs tax when they pass the border or are they shipped as a ""gift"?

If it helps, open the JR link, click on shipping policies:

Quote:

"Canadian Shipping

Canadian Orders
Shipping charges do not include any duties or GST. Brokerage fees are included for UPS Worldwide, but not for UPS Ground.

May 2, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #19 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by ka-boom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it helps, open the JR link, click on shipping policies:

Yeah, I saw that. I just thought perhaps JR stamps the order as a gift and you don't have to worry about any duty fees. I don't get why some sellers have to be so "by-the-book".
rolleyes.gif

May 3, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #20 of 39
Great review and i'm glad ES7 worked for you.

I just can't appreciate how much it always gives me headaches 5 mins into wearing them.

May 3, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #21 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fizban /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just can't appreciate how much it always gives me headaches 5 mins into wearing them.

I was wondering: did you try the headband mod? It makes the ES7 a bit more comfortable, by reducing the clamping force of the headphones. I assume the clamping force gives you headaches.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 15, 2009 at 1:28 PM Post #24 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by superfishal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the ES7's and my impressions are pretty much right on par with yours. I have mine connected to the E5 also with bass-boost on and it makes a world of difference compared to um-amped in the bass department. I am very happy with mine, and I can gladly recommend them for the price that I got them for, $89 shipped.

hey i'm about to purchase the es7's and am a bit worried about the bass considering i mainly listen to drum and bass and hiphop. so i have a question for you about the "E5" bass boost thing.. how exactly does it work and does it look weird plugged into an ipod with the headphones? and how far down does it hang from the ipod? the last question would be that i read it has it's own volume control so would i turn the volume control all the way up on the ipod and the partially up on the E5 or vice versa?

May 15, 2009 at 1:38 PM Post #25 of 39
The E5 is about the size of a 50 cent piece, you know, the old coin? It really is very, very small and thin. Even the pictures do it no justice. I don't know the electronics of "how it works", from your ipod a cable runs from the headphone port into the "audio in" port on the E5. Your headphones plug into the headphone port on the E5. Simple.

The cable that connects the ipod to the E5 is about 16 inches in length, but you can buy much MUCH smaller ones online that look awesome.

Even though the E5 has a volume control, I dont use it. I just set it at about half way and use my mp3 player to control volume. There are no low/med/high indicators on the E5, so I'm just going by sound level to find the mid-point.

Jun 2, 2009 at 11:12 PM Post #26 of 39
My E5 that I just got a couple weeks ago came with 2 sizes of cable, the longer one is maybe a few feet long and I use it to go into the line out on the back of my computer, the short one is less than a foot long and i use it on my portable cd player or MP3 player if I ever get one again. I never use the bass boost on mine, but I'm using Koss Porta Pro's so no reason to.

Sep 9, 2009 at 6:21 AM Post #28 of 39
I have bought these ear-phones, and was very happy with quality of a sound after the koss PortaPro. The sound transparent, after ~100hrs it became still better. I love the ATH-ES7.

Jan 13, 2010 at 8:35 PM Post #30 of 39
im thinking of buying these sweet headphones...however im having a hard time trying to find them in Canada. i checked the J&R site but they want me to pay $36 for shipping alone!! Any suggestions where I should get/order them from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back