Review: Anedio D1 DAC - my new reference DAC
Mar 6, 2011 at 7:05 PM Post #121 of 951
With additionnal tests today, with AP2 is like removing a veil over the music, everything is more precise and defined, the scene seems more wide and deep, the music is more vivid. Direct connection it's little fuzzier, the soundstage is more constricted.

It's not another flavor ... it's a definitive step up for me.
I am using GateWay NetBook as computer, win7, foobar+wasapi

BTW, I am not affiliated to Audiophileo. :wink:

Mar 7, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #122 of 951
Well thank to this positive review and some other from external site; I decided to give this dac a try.  My current dac is the yulong d100, but I have a problem using its usb input.  It was good at the start but for some reason its now cause all sound to be whisper low and have high distortion and hissing.  The other input is fine thought.  I think it maybe just a build quality from china lol.  Anyway I am selling it to a friend for a much lower price.  I am glad anedio give a 30 day trial period so I could try this out before completely part way with my d100.  I am going to run the anedio d1 through a woo 6.  I have the sennheiser 800 and lcd 2 orthos.  The dac should be arriving in a few days and hopefully I could put up my impression who might have similar set up.  I hope this dac turn out as good as all the hype it receiving; because I love to help small family business.

Mar 7, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #123 of 951

Quote:
Well thank to this positive review and some other from external site; I decided to give this dac a try.  My current dac is the yulong d100, but I have a problem using its usb input.  It was good at the start but for some reason its now cause all sound to be whisper low and have high distortion and hissing.  The other input is fine thought.  I think it maybe just a build quality from china lol.  Anyway I am selling it to a friend for a much lower price.  I am glad anedio give a 30 day trial period so I could try this out before completely part way with my d100.  I am going to run the anedio d1 through a woo 6.  I have the sennheiser 800 and lcd 2 orthos.  The dac should be arriving in a few days and hopefully I could put up my impression who might have similar set up.  I hope this dac turn out as good as all the hype it receiving; because I love to help small family business.

Please keep us updated on your impressions. I really like the HD800 straight out of the D1; that's about as good as it gets in my opinion unless you want to add some euphonic coloration with a tubey sounding amp or something. User wind016 sold his Woo Audio 6 SE after getting the D1.

I'm especially interested in hearing how it does with your LCD-2. I'm not quite sure if it will have enough juice for those.... specs indicate it should be great but a lot of people say the LCD-2 needs a really beefy amp to sound its best. 

Mar 7, 2011 at 7:32 PM Post #124 of 951
^+1 ,

D1 + lcd 2 pairing,  i am really interested in hearing how it sounds as well . :)

Even though i am not currently planning to buy the LCD-02, but it'd seriously help many here.

Mar 9, 2011 at 2:06 AM Post #126 of 951
^+1 ;]]

Looking forward to your reviews, I'll order mine once they offer 24/192 capabilities over USB, which is confirmed, but they couldn't tell me when exactly it is going to happen. Well, I'm not so crazy about a new DAC now, so I'll patiently wait :)

Best regards, 
Marcin

Mar 9, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #127 of 951

Quote:

Looking forward to your reviews, I'll order mine once they offer 24/192 capabilities over USB, which is confirmed, but they couldn't tell me when exactly it is going to happen. Well, I'm not so crazy about a new DAC now, so I'll patiently wait :)

are you really planning on serious hi-res listening with USB knowing that it's inferior to Audiophileo converter for instance, as Pompon described here?

I've been thinking on getting D1 some weeks ago but the lack of XLR is discouraging. Of course it is possible that their "less is more" philosophy is of benefit as enabling more channels results in lower SNR of the chip and potentially worse signal quality. So for unbalanced connections their design seems better. But on the other side, going balanced has certain advantages, error correction, longer distances. What makes the DAC very attractive is digital volume control, all resistor-based solutions that I've ever tried degrade sound. I guess I just enumerated pros and cons that pretty much anyone here considers 
confused.gif

In any case if you live in Poland and get the dac, let me know as I'd be eager to compare to my sabre dacs from A-GD.

Mar 9, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #128 of 951

Another advantage of a balanced system is the complete elimination of potential ground loops:)

PA
Quote:
are you really planning on serious hi-res listening with USB knowing that it's inferior to Audiophileo converter for instance, as Pompon described here?

I've been thinking on getting D1 some weeks ago but the lack of XLR is discouraging. Of course it is possible that their "less is more" philosophy is of benefit as enabling more channels results in lower SNR of the chip and potentially worse signal quality. So for unbalanced connections their design seems better. But on the other side, going balanced has certain advantages, error correction, longer distances. What makes the DAC very attractive is digital volume control, all resistor-based solutions that I've ever tried degrade sound. I guess I just enumerated pros and cons that pretty much anyone here considers 
confused.gif

In any case if you live in Poland and get the dac, let me know as I'd be eager to compare to my sabre dacs from A-GD.

Mar 9, 2011 at 11:22 AM Post #129 of 951

Quote:

confused.gif

Well, there was an opinion that there's no difference between Halide Design Bridge and built-in USB converter, so it's not clear. Besides, there will be new receiver, so you don't know about its quality (me neither:D), but I hope it'll be good and there's one great advantage - no S/PDIF cable, so I believe if implemented correctly, it will be better than external converter.

Audio-GD uses totally different design in their DAC-s, but sure, comparison would be interesting.

Cheers, 
Marcin

Mar 10, 2011 at 2:58 AM Post #132 of 951

Quote:
HA-160d is in, listening to both now... the Burson is a great unit for sure, more details to come.

As you are selling the HA160D, it would be great if you post impressions on  Burson Vs Anedio ( DAC and AMP ) before it ships out.

Burson sure must have a better AMP section , but i needed a good DAC thats why i ordered the D1.

PS: I think you should revise the price of HD160D, you can get around $50-100 more.

Mar 10, 2011 at 3:49 AM Post #133 of 951
I guess I missed some PM.
soulrider4ever, are you already selling your burson HA-160D?
please keep your impression comming between both units.

kokushu, did your dac arrive yet? I'll be interested to know if you here differences between the spdif out of your xonar to the D1 and the direct USB
damn this thread is interesting.
best regards.
Q

Users who are viewing this thread

Back