Review and impressions thread: Beat Audio Cronus and Supreme Rose cables for custom IEMs
Jun 20, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #16 of 54
I was wondering whether there will be any company that makes "ear guides and wire"-free cables (Like those one on the Westone 3's and 4's), and then supply some sort of a "wire infused ear guide". Therefore, you'll get the best of both worlds.
beerchug.gif

Jun 20, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #17 of 54
I have the Cronus cable and to me it improves my Westone ES5 alot. Clearer sound, extented treble, bass and a wider soundstage. Its also more comfortable on my ears than the stock cable =)

Jun 27, 2011 at 11:07 AM Post #19 of 54
exactly what im looking for, a cheap affordable aftermarket cable as an alternative to the es2 cable
the aesthetics of the supreme rose is awesome and the sennheiser plug is juz gorgeous!

project86, what socket selection/connection do i choose if i were to purchase the cables for my westone es5?

Jun 27, 2011 at 12:07 PM Post #20 of 54
Good question. I chose "UM custom" since mine were meant for the Merlin, but they seem to work fine with all my other customs too. I've tried them with UE (older style plugs of course), Westone, 1964, JH Audio, and Kozee. All work fine. In the case of a non-recessed socket it still works too, it just looks a little different. Of course if you get non-recessed cables then it doesn't matter either way. 

You could always ask Stephen though just to be sure. 

Jun 27, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #21 of 54
Same.  I used the recessed UM socket on the ES5 no prob.  I see no reason to not get the recessed socket as it will work w/ everything.  Not ideally but it will work fine.  I do like the Paillics plug myself.

Jun 28, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #23 of 54
It seems like all the main UM dealers are selling the Beat Audio cables. They must really like the cable.

Hopefully I'll get to hear it soon. I do plan to eventually get some after market cables as I really hate having to get someone terminate the cable for me every time I buy a ES cable. The memory wire also is something I don't like but I have gotten used to the one in the ES cable. I still don't like it but I live with it. Hopefully the Beat Audio cables are better or at least the memory wire length is longer as that is my main issue with the ES cable.

Jun 29, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #24 of 54
hi guys,

ordered my supreme rose with yarbo plugs, and as stephen advised me, i gotten a flat connection

eagerly awaiting its arrival!

Jun 29, 2011 at 9:12 AM Post #25 of 54

Quote:
hi guys,

ordered my supreme rose with yarbo plugs, and as stephen advised me, i gotten a flat connection

eagerly awaiting its arrival!

Cool, let us know what you think when you get it. 

I personally had a hard time deciding between Yarbo, Sennheiser, and Pailiccs. They all look to be of similar quality so I don't know that it matters much. I'd be curious to see bigger pics of the Yarbo and Pailiccs at some point.

Jun 29, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #26 of 54
Please go with the Yarbo. 

We are taking down the Senn and Pailiccs soon due to some technical issues. ~

Quote:

I personally had a hard time deciding between Yarbo, Sennheiser, and Pailiccs. They all look to be of similar quality so I don't know that it matters much. I'd be curious to see bigger pics of the Yarbo and Pailiccs at some point.

Jul 7, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #27 of 54
Quote:

The yarbo plugs feel smooth and solid!!!

the ear guide is awesome, the shape is always there no matter how i try to straighten them
no more irritating stiff memory wire & heat-shrink rubbing against my specs...the 90degree bend is also brilliant
although 1 thing that bothers me is those beat words, its easily scrapped off and also its upside down as can be seen from my pic

Overall, the cable feel likes a springy spaghetti, its feel and texture is different from the traditional es2 cables, i found that its at least a good 15cm shorter than my es2

On the SQ aspects, i personally didnt hear much difference between the supreme rose and es2, if any, i only felt it added a slight more bass impact/slam, but thats about it

on a side note, the connectors cant seem to go all the way in, both sides have a little extra sticking out, i believe the pins are slightly longer than the depth of the socket itself?

Jul 7, 2011 at 3:06 PM Post #28 of 54
You can often get connectors like that to seat fully by wiggling the connector side to side like you're seating a tube in a socket.  I didn't know that Sennheiser plugs could be had as an option on cables, they look neat.

Jul 8, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #29 of 54
Wow, thanks for the pics! Very well done. It seems that yours are ever so slightly different from mine, at the Y junction and also at the sockets. Not any better or worse, just different.

Some of my non-recessed stock cables do the same thing as far as not quite sitting 100% flush in the socket. I don't know if it is the cable or the custom that is to blame. But as scootermafia posted you might try wiggling to see if it will go in all the way. If not it shouldn't be a problem (or at least my similar stock cables never have been).

Jul 8, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #30 of 54
The Y junctions and socket connectors are new~

Project86, the ones that you had are the older types. 

Quote:
Wow, thanks for the pics! Very well done. It seems that yours are ever so slightly different from mine, at the Y junction and also at the sockets. Not any better or worse, just different.

Some of my non-recessed stock cables do the same thing as far as not quite sitting 100% flush in the socket. I don't know if it is the cable or the custom that is to blame. But as scootermafia posted you might try wiggling to see if it will go in all the way. If not it shouldn't be a problem (or at least my similar stock cables never have been).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back