Review and discussions - Audioengine D1 24/96 USB and Optical DAC/amp for laptops and computers
Jan 7, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #393 of 398

Got the D1 and run it with AKG K712 Pro.
First impressions are not so good. Source is my old MacBook Pro and i use Fidelia as a sound source.

The D1 has no bass...and the treble is a kind of horrible. In comparison the MacBook Pro is nearly equal.
D1 is a bit louder, but the treble are bad and harsh...it sounds mostly artificially.

Does this D1 has to burn in???
And if right how long?

And maybe  i need something which is really better.
Apple did apparently a good job..

Thx for help

Feb 1, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #395 of 398
How's AudioEngine D1 compared to Schiit Modi 2 Uber or Multibit?

I'm using AudioEngine A5+ on an onboard Asus Z97-A (Realtek ALC892) motherboard. Playing most of the time at 320kbps on Spotify. Will I hear a sonic difference if I get a DAC? Btw, I don't plan on using headphones. 

Feb 13, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #396 of 398
Do you guys leave your D1 turned on? Know of any problems doing this? For some reason if I turn off my D1 while music is playing and turn it back on, I have to restart whatever application is playing music, whether it's iTunes, Spotify, etc.. It won't start playing again until the app is restarted as if it's stuck in pause mode.

Oct 22, 2017 at 1:46 AM Post #397 of 398
I have the D1 and I'm wondering about headphone splitters. My wife and I both have Sennheiser momentum headphones and want to both listen to the D1. Is there any problem with just adding a splitter to the main output jack? I've searched Google lots on this.. still can't find the answer. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back