[REVIEW] a-JAYS Two, a-JAYS Three and t-JAYS Two: The Budget Invasion
Nov 22, 2011 at 8:29 AM Post #16 of 31
Assuming you are in KL, I really think you should visit Jaben @ Subang Jaya and audition a few IEM for yourself. I am actually less familiar with the KL market than I am with the Singapore market. But if you can find JAYS, I'll recommend any of the t-JAYS over the aJAYS.

Oct 31, 2012 at 5:07 AM Post #18 of 31
Durability of a-jays? I bought mine (a-jays three)  on July 4th 2012.  Have been quite happy with overall value for money.... until today (Oct 31, 2012).  While on my way to work, the right bud just stopped playing, most probably due to worn cable... Came alive a couple of times for a few seconds at a time, but now dead for good.  FOUR MONTHS' OLD EARPHONES ARE DEAD AND USELESS... So much for a-jays three durability

Oct 31, 2012 at 6:49 AM Post #19 of 31
Get a replacement then, 4 months are still well within your warranty.

Nov 9, 2012 at 6:22 AM Post #20 of 31
Hi guys,
I am looking for some new in-ear headphones to replace my samsungs which i got with my s2. I like these headphones but I would like to try something better.
I listen to the following music genres,
  1. Trance
  2. Progressive House
  3. Dubstep
I’ve been looking at quite a lot headphones and I my eyes fell on the A-jays series. They look really good and seem to have a good audio quality.
I am thinking about buying the a-jays three, Is this a good choice for the music I listen to or should I go for another type?
Thank you, 

Nov 9, 2012 at 7:45 AM Post #21 of 31
If your Samsung comes with the default EHS64# headset (*as long as it starts with EHS64), then unfortunately none of the a-JAYS will be an upgrade over it since EHS64 is actually quite a decent stock headset. I'll suggest Brainwavz M5 + mic.instead.

Nov 9, 2012 at 8:03 AM Post #22 of 31
Thanks Clieos for your fast response,

I just googled the EHS64, and this is not the headphone I have.
It seems like I have the EHS44, my first pair had a problem with the cable so I am using my dads samsung headphones now:)

So you say there is a big difference between the 64 and the 44 version? 

I just took a quick look at the m5's, I don't need the mic because I listen to my music on a ipod or is there a difference in sound with the one with a mic or the one without?

Thank you again!

Nov 9, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #23 of 31
I have not heard the EHS44, but the EHS64 is quite a good sounding IEM as stock and pretty cheap as well (like $6 on Amazon). I reviewed it here.

Both version of M5 should sound the same. But given you are not looking for something with mic, the sky is the limited. Check this out.

Nov 9, 2012 at 10:07 AM Post #24 of 31
Thank you, 

I might just check those 64's out to compare them with the ones I have now, 6$ is really cheap!!
woow that are a lot headphones,
thank you gonna read them so i can make a good decision 

Nov 9, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #25 of 31
Looking at a pair of a-JAYS Threes for use with a Jabra Clipper and my iPhone 4, for mainly rock. How are the Threes with a low-amp device like the Clipper-will an amp benefit me much?

Nov 9, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #26 of 31
Looking at a pair of a-JAYS Threes for use with a Jabra Clipper and my iPhone 4, for mainly rock. How are the Threes with a low-amp device like the Clipper-will an amp benefit me much?

The money for an amp is enough to get something better sounding than a-JAYS Three. This review was written 2 years ago when a-JAYS Three makes sense as somewhat budget IEM with good build quality, but the market has moved on. I'll suggest the t-JAYS Two for its two parts cable design for BT unit, plus you can find it for <$55 on eBay and it doesn't need amping.

Nov 10, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #27 of 31
I would rather not use such expensive earbuds as the t-jays, I tend to be very hard on earbuds and do not want to drop $90 on buds that will be lucky to see next summer. Will an amp be significant on low-end buds or am I stuck with expensive ones?

Nov 10, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #28 of 31
I would rather not use such expensive earbuds as the t-jays, I tend to be very hard on earbuds and do not want to drop $90 on buds that will be lucky to see next summer. Will an amp be significant on low-end buds or am I stuck with expensive ones?

You do realized that I wrote '<$55' (that's under $55) on my previous reply? That's pretty much the same price you will have to pay for a full retail price a-JAYS.

Of course you can pick up a FiiO E6 for just under $30, but I really think you are trying to solve a simple problem with an overly complicated solution.

Nov 11, 2012 at 8:58 AM Post #29 of 31
My bad, I didn't realize they were used on ebay for that price-I saw ebay and assumed (incorrectly) you were suggesting a used purchase. Just saw a $40 pair of t-jays, would the amp benefit the t-jays at all? If I can get a pair for $40, I could afford an amp as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back