Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line Microphone and Remote
Feb 23, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #407 of 681

Yes, it was a joke.  What is your experience of trying the clip?

Next time you write a "joke" put some emoticon in your sentence if you don't want to appear offensive. My question can appear (and surely is) a very naive one, I have just opened the box of the 1MORE triple driver, I am planning to use them mainly at home, so I don't even know if I will ever use the clip, I have also noticed that, even if it is very appealing from an aesthetic point of view, it seems not very practical to attach it to a shirt, so I was just wondering what were other users experiences.

Feb 23, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #408 of 681
I use my clip. Not in every situation, but it does help keep the Y-split from catching on zippers and such. It helps with microphonics too, but I wear mine over ear to alleviate that.

Also the clip tames the bass a bit for me. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 23, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #409 of 681
Next time you write a "joke" put some emoticon in your sentence if you don't want to appear offensive. My question can appear (and surely is) a very naive one, I have just opened the box of the 1MORE triple driver, I am planning to use them mainly at home, so I don't even know if I will ever use the clip, I have also noticed that, even if it is very appealing from an aesthetic point of view, it seems not very practical to attach it to a shirt, so I was just wondering what were other users experiences.

No, I don't use emoticons.

Feb 23, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #411 of 681

And did you ensure you slept exactly the same each night, ate the same food, drank the same amount, felt the same emotionally, etc before listening each time?

No offence, but none of us are even the same person from one second to another, and that's before we even get into the subject of the incredible fickleness of memory, auditory or otherwise.

The broad strokes of believing one IEM sounds better to you than another is not what I'm referring to here - that's quite clearly something upon which we can reasonably make our own personal case.  What you are talking about is being able to perceive micro changes in the way the same fully functioning (i.e. not damaged) IEM replays music over time.  

To which I say, mission impossible. 

I really don't understand where you are coming from.
Every time I put the IEM's in they sound the same, but they did sound better in time of burning them in.

If you don't believe in this its fine, but your argument is purely silly.

Feb 23, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #412 of 681

I really don't understand where you are coming from.
Every time I put the IEM's in they sound the same, but they did sound better in time of burning them in.

If you don't believe in this its fine, but your argument is purely silly.

But you should understand, nothing ever sounds the same. How can it possibly, when you're the one doing the listening?

Feb 24, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #413 of 681
Well, got the ifi micro black label yesterday, needless to say, the triples have gained a new friend. Fiio x3 as transport thru coaxial out to ifi, these things are killer for less than 100 bucks. Does anyone here own or have heard the Sony xba a3? I was looking to buy a pair but want to make sure it's a legit upgrade from the 1more. Either way the 1more will stay as a "beater" pair of iems for gym/work/working in my shop. Loving these things more and more. The havi b3 has a fun sound but doesn't really compare in my opinion.

Feb 24, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #415 of 681
That makes even less sense. Sorry to tell you.

No need to apologize, it's fine.

My point is that if you truly believe you are able to accurately compare what you heard yesterday with what you hear today, with such a degree of precision that you can discern the influence of mechanical changes of an IEM upon the music, well carry on. You are utterly mistaken, but if it makes you happy...

Feb 24, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #416 of 681
No need to apologize, it's fine.

My point is that if you truly believe you are able to accurately compare what you heard yesterday with what you hear today, with such a degree of precision that you can discern the influence of mechanical changes of an IEM upon the music, well carry on. You are utterly mistaken, but if it makes you happy...

Maybe if one of my friends buys a pair of these we will A/B test them.

But I can surely tell the difference in sounds and remember how they sound especially depth and clarity.

Feb 24, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #417 of 681
People are totally able to remember listening experiences. And while perception is totally foolable, you remember if a a type of wine tasted good, or food at a restaurant was particularly good. So when a sound science member become critical of someone only remembering sound quality for a few seconds, they are wrong.

The question here is reference and your experience in comparison to what? That's why after a person gets really good headphones, their old headphones don't seem to sound as good. So it's the contrast to what you are used to which causes the brain to go......ahhhhhh.

Feb 25, 2017 at 4:19 AM Post #418 of 681
Just tried the Dual and Triple drivers, quite impressed on their performance to price value. Sounds great + comfort is a nice plus.
The difference between the dual and triple drivers are not significant though. Anyone who wants to save the extra $ will be happy with the dual IMO.

Feb 25, 2017 at 5:22 AM Post #419 of 681
People are totally able to remember listening experiences. And while perception is totally foolable, you remember if a a type of wine tasted good, or food at a restaurant was particularly good. So when a sound science member become critical of someone only remembering sound quality for a few seconds, they are wrong.

The question here is reference and your experience in comparison to what? That's why after a person gets really good headphones, their old headphones don't seem to sound as good. So it's the contrast to what you are used to which causes the brain to go......ahhhhhh.

Yes but exactly the same meal or the same wine could be eaten or drunk on different days and you can taste it differently, depending on a whole number of factors. Even the simple act of listening to the same sound twice in a row is influenced by the act of repetition. Your state of mind and body utterly determine your reality. Because we are not robots, sound analysis is therefore such a moveable feast (pun intended).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back