Review: 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line Microphone and Remote
Apr 5, 2016 at 2:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

moedawg140

Grand Master Moe "G"….Don't crossface me, bro!
Ping Pong Champ: SF Meet (2016,2017), CanJams (London 2016, RMAF 2016, NYC 2017, SoCal 2017, RMAF 2017)
Review: 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line Microphone and Remote
 ​
 ​

Introduction

I was introduced to the 1MORE Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones – through a contact from 1MORE who had them in their stable, and wanted to know my thoughts of the in-ear monitor (IEM).  Thanks to the contact for the Dual Driver in exchange for my honest opinion.   A quick background of me is of a person who loves music and likes to listen to as many IEMs as possible, from all available price-points.  I have listened to IEMs as costly as free (given to me to listen while I was on a tour bus, up to $2,699 for a standalone IEM and $2,999.99 electrostatic IEM that required the use of an included Digital-to-Analog Converter/Amplifier [DAC/Amp] for it to function).  Will the Dual Driver from the Chinese sister company Xiaomi - accomplish true bliss?  Let’s find out!

Earphone
1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-Line Microphone and Remote

Sources
iPhone 6 (Space Gray, 128GB):  $849.99 or $399.99 with a 2-Year Contract
Surface Pro 2 64GB: $899.99
Questyle Audio QP1R Golden and Space Gray: $899 USD

DAC/Amp
Grace Design x Massdrop m9XX DAC/Amp: $499 shipped in the United States

Software Applications Used
Neutron Music Player – 320kbps
Spotify Premium – Extreme Setting
TIDAL HiFi – Lossless

Inside the 1MORE Dual Driver box

Pictures galore

You will find a soft-touch dark-colored box and a paper sleeve covering part of the box.  Take off the paper sleeve, open up the flap of the box and be treated to a gorgeous looking presentation.  Inside the box, you’ll see the dual-driver and 1MORE case inside specific cutouts.  Lift the top layer via tabs, and the inside shows various universal tips (Small, Medium, Large), manual, safety information, a cable shirt clip, and an airline adapter.

Elegance, From fit to Function

The 1MORE earphone case is a subtle, elegant yet important detail that was not overlooked – carrying your dual driver in style, which is a welcome addition for a portable product.  The earphones are über comfortable, even without using 3rd party tips such as SpinFits.

The details make it worthwhile

The design of the Dual Driver was well-thought out, especially for the price point of the earphones.  There are a few aspects of the design that I have not really seen in an IEM, as a whole – meaning the bespoke design of the earphones are true-to-form.  Some features that I have observed:

Comfortable fitting silicone universal tips.  Most companies provide 3 sizes of tips – the Single Driver comes with 4 – the inclusion of the extra small tips provides more flexibility to fit even more people’s ears.

Angled housing and canal tube – this makes fit and isolation easier for more listeners.

Dual Driver in right ear, left ear, and 2nd angle of left ear

3-button remote.  Usually, this is not a big deal, but what is a big deal is that the buttons are not marked.  This, in my opinion, makes the remote more subtly good-looking.

The cable, from the earphone housing to the Y-connect is the normal cable – how it usually looks with most non-detachable earphones in the market.  From the Y-connect to the headphone plug, the cable is braided.  Those two types of sheath, in one mass-produced earphone, is rare and makes for a diversely unique cable experience.

The Y-connect and earphone plug are brushed aluminum, but have a minutely ribbed feel to it – a luxurious feel for not a huge price of admission.

As a whole, the Dual Driver looks and feels wonderful, and I like the rarer styling of white sheath cabling and rose gold housings.  Let’s delve into how the Dual Driver sounds. 

How does the 1MORE Dual Driver sound?

The Dual Driver embodies a midrange and mid-bass, with adequate soundstage and imaging sound signature.

The treble is smooth and soft, with no issues of sibilance to my ears.  This is not a treble-emphasized IEM, and should not be expected as such – however, the treble it does present is pleasing to the ears, even if it is more linear in presentation than emphasized in presentation.

Midrange is smooth and buttery creamy.  It is full-bodied and an overall warm listen.  This is an earphone that if you are into midrange, can be one you can adore because of the engaging, warm tone that the dual driver presents.

The mid-bass is the brilliance of the earphone’s presentation.  Smooth, yet emphasized, so if you are not into listening to the bass of anything past slightly more than neutral, I would look into the Triple Driver instead.  That is not to say the bass of the Dual Driver is bloated.  It isn’t, especially with a coherent source, but can be heard as emphasized to some people. 

Soundstage is not distant, and not entirely in-your-face either.  It is closer than farther, though, and the depth is a strong-suit rather than all-out width.  Resolution for a dual driver is also highly above average as well.  It is always a smooth and relaxing listen when I put these in my ears and simply enjoy the music.

Final summary

The hybrid earphones are a joy to listen to.  It reminds me a lot of the Puro Sound Labs IEM500, but with slightly more "meat" to the presentation.  Meaning, there is more substantial sound in the bass department and warmth throughout the rest of the presentation.  The entire presentation is smooth, and presents the listener with a sound that is very pleasing to the ear.  If you are not a fan of bass, you may not like these, but to a person that wants quality-sounding bass to an overall smooth and warm-liquid presentation, the Dual Driver is an easy recommendation.  Add in the price of admission, and it’s definitely worth a listen and purchase.

Specifications

Price
$79
Product Colors  White and Gold
Type 1 Balanced Armature, 1 Dynamic Driver
Frequency Range 20 Hz - 20 kHz
Impedance 32 Ω
Cable Type  1.25 m (4 ft), cloth knit outer (below Y-connect)
Controls   3-Button Remote and Mic (Android)  
Jack   Straight, Gold plated, 3.5 mm, 3 pole and enameled copper wire material
Sensitivity    98 dB
Rated Power   5 mW

May 12, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #2 of 4
Just picked up a pair, and interesting but I like them much more than the Puro IEM500s, which I sold almost within days of trying them out. I have plenty of good sounding IEMs but for the price, these rank up there. Agree on mid-range, very very smooth, warm and while the treble is far from hot, it's there. I do sense a bit of something bugging me with the treble, in fact, on some tracks, but it could be the recordings, because it's not there on every track. Need to do more listening, but recommended for anyone looking in the $75 and under category (or even higher in some cases).

Oh and very nice review.

May 12, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #3 of 4
  Just picked up a pair, and interesting but I like them much more than the Puro IEM500s, which I sold almost within days of trying them out. I have plenty of good sounding IEMs but for the price, these rank up there. Agree on mid-range, very very smooth, warm and while the treble is far from hot, it's there. I do sense a bit of something bugging me with the treble, in fact, on some tracks, but it could be the recordings, because it's not there on every track. Need to do more listening, but recommended for anyone looking in the $75 and under category (or even higher in some cases).

Oh and very nice review.

Thanks for the comments.  You may want to add some EQ to help with the treble, and also try different tips as well to help dial in the sound that's the best to your ears.  What's your source/sources you normally use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back