Review: 1964 Ears V3 triple driver custom IEM (updated 10/24/12)
Nov 1, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #46 of 194
Quote:
Anastasia emailed me earlier today saying my iem's should go out tomorrow. That means I should be getting them monday at the latest. (Praying they arrive on saturday 
popcorn.gif
). I'll make sure to try to be as detailed about how they sound.

Cool, I'm excited to hear other impressions. Despite having confidence in my listening and describing abilities, I always feel a bit strange being the lone voice describing a set of customs. Definitely let us know what you think and feel free to completely disagree with my impressions if that's how you hear it. 

Nov 2, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #48 of 194
I'm deciding between a V3 and V6... I moved from Shure 535s to Ety ER4s and I like the clarity and analyticalness of the Etys. But time to jump into CIEMs. 

Most of my listening will be driven from just my iPhone 4, no amp. All my material is ripped from CDs with lossless...

Would V6 be overkill? How do either of those compare to a (lower end) universal like the ER4s?

Nov 2, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #50 of 194
I'm deciding between a V3 and V6... I moved from Shure 535s to Ety ER4s and I like the clarity and analyticalness of the Etys. But time to jump into CIEMs. 

Most of my listening will be driven from just my iPhone 4, no amp. All my material is ripped from CDs with lossless...

Would V6 be overkill? How do either of those compare to a (lower end) universal like the ER4s?

Well, the V3 will be quite a different experience compared to the ER4 (which I still respect highly if that's the type of signature you like). But the V3 is far larger, warmer, more smooth and organic sounding.

We will have to wait for V6 impressions to come in but that may be a more direct upgrade for the Ety sound.

Nov 3, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #51 of 194
Hmm do you have a link to the quads? Or could you just describe the general signature they have? To be honest the v3 appeal to me boats more than the v6.

Nov 3, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #52 of 194
Quote:
Hmm do you have a link to the quads? Or could you just describe the general signature they have? To be honest the v3 appeal to me boats more than the v6.

I don't. Back when I did my original review of the 1964-T (pardon the terrible pictures), the charts were on the 1964 website embedded in a larger PDF file which contained all the specs and other info. I was too lazy to cut out that single part of the PDF and post it, so I just linked to it assuming it would always be available. Then one day the PDFs changed and the FR chart said "coming soon", which struck me as odd. 

Nov 3, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #54 of 194
Quote:

I'm with you there...

I like my Ety's, but if I got this straight... the 8.As can be somewhat described as a much more refined and "mature" Shure 535. And the V3s have been described as getting towards the 8.A... I'd say the 8.A being my grail right now, the V3s would be the way to go!

Nov 5, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #56 of 194
I have now placed an order on the V3, really looking forward to owning my first pair of customs!

Project86, do you feel that there's any synergy between the V3 and the leckerton amp/dac? I might consider the leckerton in the future.

Nov 5, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #57 of 194
Quote:
I have now placed an order on the V3, really looking forward to owning my first pair of customs!

Project86, do you feel that there's any synergy between the V3 and the leckerton amp/dac? I might consider the leckerton in the future.

Congrats!

The Leckerton is my favorite portable amp right now. I just love it. It pairs well with pretty much everything I've tried. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back