Review tour for SOUNDAWARE 2016M1 / M1Pro with Digital output, Dual Femto clocks and Proprietary FPGA Architecture
Aug 10, 2016 at 9:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 133
Order list for two groups for reviewers in USA and Canada is announced as below:
Group One:
1. EagleWings --- Finished
2. Lotech --- Finished
3. Army-Firedawg --- waiting for the package
4. chicken beer
5. Whitigir
6. maxh22
Group Two
1. nmatheis --- Finished
2. emusic13 --- Finished
3. Bansaku --- on going
4. Armaegis
5. ambchang
6. Cityle
Thanks for your application. We will send PM to everyone to get your confirmation. Please reply once you get it. Thanks for your support! Once the confirmation is done, we will try to arrange the shipment as soon as possible.
For future new applications, we will consider to add to the list.
For other countries, we will announce the reviewers list once the applying quantity up to three. If the quantity is not enough, we also try to send the review DAP. Please kindly wait. Thank you!
Here is the announcement for UK, Germany, France,  Netherlands and Czech.
Group One

1DeftoneFinished
2Jackpot77Finished
3mp101on going
4Noldir 

Group Two  
1FUTUFinished
2FabaaroanFinished
3OSiRiSskon going
  Thanks for your applying.
We will send PM to everyone to get your confirmation. Please reply once you get it. Thanks for your support!
Here is the announcement for Asians.
Group One  
1jrazmarFinished
2prismstormon going
3tassardar 

Group Two  
1HawaiibadboyFinished
2Currawongon going

Hello Everyone, Hello Head-fiers,
Many friends on this forum are very interested in M1 (Pro), we decide to announce this review world tour.
As the first DSD portable digital player of SOUNDAWARE, using the proprietary FPGA architecture, in 2015, M1 was launched, which has been upgraded to 2016 version with improved PCB board of Alpha military tin solder and easy turned on function. About half a year later, M1 Pro was launched, benefiting from the revised high precision femto-second dual clocks and using upgraded capacitance and some developed materials, the sound quality being extremely improved.
Besides the low-distortion desktop used power Class AB-AMP circuit utilized, M1 (Pro) are characterized as using ultra-low noise crystal oscillator, dual analog AMP circuit, and the ability of driving high resistance IEMs and headphones. What’s more, with the upgraded latest firmware, its performance is stabler with added functions, such as optional power off modes, improved folders/files browsing and optimized logic for backing to previous song, etc..
To whom want to know more about M1 (Pro), you can visit the following link of the detail information: http://www.head-fi.org/t/750875. It is also the main discussion thread with many reviews for M1 (Pro) on this forum.

Details of the application, shipment during the tour, and the review regulations, etc are introduced in the following. Please read them clearly before application.
      Fast Index
1. Timetable & Review Areas
2. Application
3. Review regulations
4. Shipping info.
5. Other notes

1.Timetable & Review Areas
Application period: Aug. 11th-Sep. 11th, 2016
Participators list announcement & shipment of review units: During the application, once the number of qualifier reach to 3, SOUNDAWARE will announce the participators then ship out the device(s).
At the beginning, we just open the application for friends in these areas: European Union, US, Canada, and Asia( Japan, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore).
But if you are out of these areas, you may also applied first, we will consider to add your located area depending on how many qualified head-fiers are also interested in your area. Besides, if the number of the qualified applicants in one area is less than 3 people, then this area will be removed from the audition-review map.

2.Application
Please apply for M1 or M1 Pro audition-review by replying to this thread including the following information in your reply:
①-Your location (City and Country)
②-Your native language (and any other languages you may be able to write in)
③-Which model do you want to review? M1 Vitality or M1 Analog or M1 Pro?
④-Headphone(s) or IEM(s) you have
⑤-Music player(s) you have
⑥-Links to review(s) you have posted (if any) no matter it is on Head-Fi or some others
⑦-Your free time period during the future 3 months (in order to make sure you have enough time to listen to M1 or M1 Pro, we will try to arrange your audition sequence based on your free time)
⑧-The reason for your application
⑨-Do you have audiophile friends around who can share the audition with you? If yes, how many?

Because the number of devices is limited, possibly not all of the applicants will be selected finally, so please write down detailed answers to above questions.

3. Review regulations
•Each selected reviewer can keep the unit for 14 days after receiving it and you can post your review result on Head-fi forum and your local Hi-Fi community. It’s welcome to post the review on whatever forums you are active in.
•Reviewers should do the review fairly and objectively, and related product photos are required. Alternatively review videos are welcome!
•Reviews of different experiences of matching various IEMs or headphones are welcome, thus more head-fiers who have diverse IEMs but never tried M1(Pro) can share your experience.
•Reviewers should post the completed preview content to this tour page:
 please also provide SOUNDAWARE with the links to your review, for us to come and admire your work.
•Reviewers should indicate that the reviewed M1 or M1 Pro are free loan unit, in order to avoid any misunderstandings.
•Meanwhile you could also post your thoughts or ideas about M1 or M1 Pro on our main discussion thread listed above and here it is again: http://www.head-fi.org/t/750875 (Click here).

4.Shipping info.
Based on the geographical region of applied and selected participators, we will ship out several devices, one or more to each region.
SOUNDAWARE will pay for shipping to the first participator. So please other participators help to arrange and pay for the shipment cost to the next one, such as the 1st participator to the 2nd one, the 2nd one pay to the 3rd ... Last but not least, in order to ensure the security of the M1(Pro) during the transportation, please do use express EMS or other registered post such as DHL, TNT, FedEx etc, asking for Tracking Number and Signature Confirmation. Thanks for your cooperation.
Before you finished the review, SOUNDAWARE will send you the address of the next one. Please help to arrange the shipment within the requested time, then send the shipping document to us by PM or email.

5. Other notes
•Reviewers could keep the M1 or M1 Pro for at most 14 days before shipping it to the next reviewer.
•Reviewers should check the integrity of the accessories with the device(s) once receiving the package, and should protect them without any damage or broken.
•Reviewers should ship the M1 or M1 Pro to the next reviewer by EMS or other registered post such as DHL, TNT, FedEx etc, requiring signature on delivery.
•Reviewers are prohibited from using or disseminating pirated music on M1 or M1 Pro.
•Reviewers are reminded to listen responsibly and safely to M1 or M1 Pro, to not use it when operating a machinery or driving, and not to use excessive volume with M1 or M1 Pro.
•Please contact with SOUNDAWARE in advance if you have any difficulties with the device in the course of your review, so we would help you resolve it if possible.

Above is the detail information about our M1 or M1 Pro tour. If you have any suggestions about it, please feel free to let us know by PM or sending us email via market@soundaware.net .
We are extremely appreciated for your time and looking forward to your application.

Thanks with best regards, 
SOUNDAWARE Team

Soundaware Stay updated on Soundaware at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Soundaware-Audio-CoLtd-140035019979865/ https://www.us.soundaware.net/ Soundaware Official market@soundaware.net
Aug 10, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #2 of 133

Portland, OR USA

English

③-Which model do you want to review? M1 Vitality or M Analog or M1 Pro?

#1 choice: M1 Pro
#2 choice: M1 Vitality

④-Headphone(s) you have

LOTS of IEM from entry level to TOTL + a few headphones.

Current favorites...

IEM: Campfire Audio Orion + Nova, FLC8S, MEE P1, NuForce HEM2 + HEM8, RHA T20, UM Miracle v2 + Maestro

HP: HiFiMan HE400

Cayin N5, FiiO X3 + X5, iBasso DX80 + DX90, Lotoo PAW 5K + PAW Gold, Shanling M2 + M3 + M5, Soundaware M1 Esther Analog, TeriPlayer G1.

⑥-Links to review(s) you have posted (if any) no matter it is on Head-Fi or some others

Several reviews on headfi and a few at Golden Ear

⑦-Your free time period during the future 3 months (in order to make sure you have enough time to listen to M1 or M1 Pro, we will try to arrange your audition sequence based on your free time)

I'm very open. No blackout periods.

I've reviewed M1 Analog, loved its sound, and am very eager to try M1 Pro because I've heard such good things about it.

⑨-Do you have audiophile friends around who can share the audition with you? If yes, how many?

Not in my area.

Good luck with the tour!

Aug 12, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #4 of 133
Hi Soundaware,

I have not done any audio gear review in the past as I am too lazy to do such kind of work but I do know how to appreciate good sound. Who knows the M1 might inspire me to write one if given the chance to hear it on this tour. :) Below are my details. Nothing special or crazy but it's me.

The beautiful island of Cebu, Philippines

Filipino and English

The M1 Pro

④-Headphone(s) you have
I'm an earbud person (you can find my stuff in my signature)

Cowon P1

No formal review made so far.

I listen and can listen to music almost everyday.

Wanting to justify replacing my current DAP and making sure that I will not regret that decision.

I'm alone in this hobby within where I live.

Thank you and good luck with the tour!

Aug 15, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #5 of 133
  Hi Soundaware,

I have not done any audio gear review in the past as I am too lazy to do such kind of work but I do know how to appreciate good sound. Who knows the M1 might inspire me to write one if given the chance to hear it on this tour. :) Below are my details. Nothing special or crazy but it's me.

The beautiful island of Cebu, Philippines

Filipino and English

The M1 Pro

④-Headphone(s) you have
I'm an earbud person (you can find my stuff in my signature)

Cowon P1

No formal review made so far.

I listen and can listen to music almost everyday.

Wanting to justify replacing my current DAP and making sure that I will not regret that decision.

I'm alone in this hobby within where I live.

Thank you and good luck with the tour!

Thanks.
And the lazy bird cannot catch enough warm. he he...
biggrin.gif

https://www.facebook.com/Soundaware-Audio-CoLtd-140035019979865/ https://www.us.soundaware.net/ Soundaware Official market@soundaware.net
Aug 15, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #6 of 133
  Thanks.
And the lazy bird cannot catch enough warm. he he...
biggrin.gif

Oh no but I agree, Mary. Nevertheless, if given the chance, I am willing to write one honest and objective review if that's what it takes to hear the M1. Still, looking forward to more exposure and reviews for the M1. Quite an interesting piece of gear. Good luck!

Aug 16, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #7 of 133

Oh no but I agree, Mary. Nevertheless, if given the chance, I am willing to write one honest and objective review if that's what it takes to hear the M1. Still, looking forward to more exposure and reviews for the M1. Quite an interesting piece of gear. Good luck!

Hi, I didn't say you cannot get the chance to hear M1 Pro.
tongue.gif

Aug 16, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #8 of 133
①-Your location, Markham, Canada
②-Your native language Chinese, English
③-Which model do you want to review? M1 Vitality or M Analog or M1 Pro? Pro
④-Headphone(s) you have - Shure SE535, Tralucent 1P2, JVC HA-FX850 (looking to sell), Sennheiser HD600, Grado SR200 with black star drivers (looking to sell), DIY All aluminum Magnum V4, HiFiMan HE500, Stax SR007 MKI
⑤-Music player(s) you have - iMod + Stepdance, Geek Pulse Infinity, iPhone
⑥-Links to review(s) you have posted (if any) no matter it is on Head-Fi or some others - None officially.
⑦-Your free time period during the future 3 months (in order to make sure you have enough time to listen to M1 or M1 Pro, we will try to arrange your audition sequence based on your free time) - I will make time.
⑧-The reason for your application - I am looking for a player to replace the iMod.
⑨-Do you have audiophile friends around who can share the audition with you? If yes, how many? - No

Aug 16, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #9 of 133
Hello, please see below for the details requested for the application. 

1. Your Location (City and Country):
Austin, TX, USA

2. Your native language (and any other languages you may be able to write in):
English

3. Which model do you want to review? M1 Vitality or M Analog or M1 Pro?
In the order of preference:
    1. M1 Pro
    2. M1 Analog
    3. M1 Vitality

4. Headphone(s) you have:
Sennheiser IE80, Rhapsodio Galaxy 

5. Music player(s) you have:
Fiio X3ii, Chord Mojo

6. Links to review(s) you have posted (if any) no matter it is on Head-Fi or some others:
List of Reviews: 
http://www.head-fi.org/users/431678/reviews 
                       1. Chord Mojo 
                       2. 64Audio A10
                       3. Vibro Labs Aria                
My Comparison of Fiio X3ii and Sony NWZ-A15: http://www.head-fi.org/t/784278/fiio-x3ii-vs-sony-nwz-a15-a17-a-comparison

7. Your free time period during the future 3 months (in order to make sure you have enough time to listen to M1 or M1 Pro, we will try to arrange your audition sequence based on your free time):
My time to review audio gear is pretty open, as I usually listen to music in my office for 5-6Hrs/Day and even during weekends for 6-7Hrs/Day. I will be traveling to India for a period of 3 weeks between Oct 12 to Nov 6. Except for these 3 weeks I am very much open.

8. The reason for your application:
I've read that M1 also uses a FPGA tech like the Mojo does, and I have read reports that it is almost on par in Sound Quality to the Mojo. Since both the devices seem to carry a similar technology for Digital Analog conversion, I am curious to see how these 2 devices compare with each other. Also, I have read that M1 is one of the cleanest Digital Source for feeding Mojo. I would like to test that as well. And if M1 is as good as Mojo, I might just sell my Mojo and potentially buy a M1 in the future.

9. Do you have audiophile friends around who can share the audition with you? If yes, how many?
I know a few people whom I met at a local head-fi meet. I will be able to let them audition the device as well if their time permits.

Thanks for your time and consideration!

Aug 16, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #10 of 133
1. Your Location (City and Country)

Brooklyn,NY,USA

2. Your native language (and any other languages you may be able to write in)

English

3. Which model do you want to review? M1 Vitality or M Analog or M1 Pro?

M1 Pro and Analog

4. Headphone(s) you have

Sennheiser IE80, Shure SE 535,HD 700, HE 400i 

5. Music player(s) you have

Chord Mojo, LG V10, Oppo BDP 105,

6. -Links to review(s) you have posted (if any) no matter it is on Head-Fi or some others

none

7. Your free time period during the future 3 months (in order to make sure you have enough time to listen to M1 or M1 Pro, we will try to arrange your audition sequence based on your free time)

I have about 3-4 hours a day where I can listen freely and make evaluations.

8. The reason for your application

I want to own another FPGA based device and compare it to the Chord Mojo and my other sources. I would love to see how your device stacks up. 

9. Do you have audiophile friends around who can share the audition with you? If yes, how many?

I have two other audiophile friends who would love to hear your piece and form their own opinions.

Thanks for your time and consideration!

Aug 16, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #11 of 133
Staffordshire, United Kingdom

English

1st choice M1 Pro
2nd choice M1 analog

④-Headphone(s) you have
Final Audio Design Heaven 2
MA Pinnacle P1
Sennheiser IE8

Chord Mojo

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a65-titanium-micro-dynamic-driver-iem/reviews/16345
http://www.head-fi.org/products/mee-audio-pinnacle-p1-high-fidelity-audiophile-in-ear-headphones-with-detachable-cables/reviews/16454

6 Hours per day

would love to try another FPGA player/dac

None

Aug 16, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #12 of 133
Munich, Germany

English, German

M1 Pro

④-Headphone(s) you have
List in my Profile and down at my signature

XDuoo X3, Galaxy S3

http://www.head-fi.org/users/408985/reviews (list)

6 hours a day.

I am a fairly budget oriented audiophile, thus my experience with DAPs/AMPs in the "Hi-End" department is rather limited. So, out of personal interest and for wider comparision, having such a product at hand does give me a great reference for future comparisions.

No.

Aug 16, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #13 of 133

Canton, Ohio, USA

English-Vietnamese

#1 choice: M1 Pro
#2 choice: M1 Vitality

④-Headphone(s) you have

Sony Z7/Sa5000 and Fostex Th900

Sony Zx2

Several reviews on headfi

http://www.head-fi.org/users/378966/reviews

As self employed I have a lot of free time

Love music, and really want to see how far these new portable players can achieve

Not around where I located, but other states and through the forum

Good luck with the tour! And thank you for the opportunity

Aug 16, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #15 of 133
Bangkok, Thailand

English

M1 Pro

④-Headphone(s) you have
Shozy Zero, DQSM D2002, Fischer Audio Omega series, HLSX-808, **** 4in1, Kingston Hyperx Cloud

XDuoo X2, Benjie K9

http://www.head-fi.org/users/443709/reviews

5 hours free every day and 2 weeks holiday in from October 15th-31st

I want to see if the extra premium for high end players is worth paying over budget DAPs

No

Users who are viewing this thread

Back