Revelation Audio Lab (RAL) ... are they crooks?
Jul 16, 2008 at 3:51 AM Post #91 of 159
I just filed Florida Attorney General website online complain against him:

Brad Vojtech/Revelation Audio Labs
26 Eastmoor Lane
Palm Coast, FL 32164
T: 386-586-3653
Fax: 386-437-5523

Here is the reply from the online form:

Quote:

Thank you for contacting the Attorney General's Office regarding False or Deceptive Trade Practices. Our staff will process it as soon as possible and, if necessary, respond appropriately. We appreciate hearing from concerned citizens such as yourself. If you wish to keep abreast of the activities of this office, you may wish to consider a subscription to our electronic newsletter News Briefs. Or perhaps our monthly consumer newsletter Consumer Bulletin. Should you wish to subscribe to either, or both, publications, please click here.

Here is my Paypal record for that transaction:

Business Contact Information

Customer Service URL: http://www.RevelationAudioLabs.com/
Customer Service Email: brad@revelationaudiolabs.com
Customer Service Phone: 386-586-3653

Amount sent: -$259.00 USD
Fee: $0.00 USD
Total: -$259.00 USD

Date: Sep. 25, 2007
Time: 09:46:30 PDT

Subject: CryoSilver Reference headphone cable for Sennheiser, 2.5-meter, BLACK

Jul 16, 2008 at 5:24 AM Post #92 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by TorenSmith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Update: I already got my response mail from the Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services, which I consider amazing response time for a government agency!
It includes all instructions for filing the paperwork for the case (which will be easy for me as I already put it together) as well as contact info for the agent in charge of my case.

I've also just today filed with the Attorney General of Florida, who also provides a very convenient online procedure, and requires pretty much the same documents as the FDACS, which makes it a snap.

Florida Attorney General - How to Check on a Business

Anyway, I recommend that anyone who is owed products or refunds from RAL take this course and keep the pressure on.

I did file my claim with Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services also. BV basically ignored the issue and provided irrelevant facts in his response. How it ended: I was advised to file a lawsuit against BV. At least it brought enough attention to that department and BV which probably eventually led to me getting the cable.
Didn't try the Attorney general's office though, let us know how that route works out.

Jul 21, 2008 at 10:59 PM Post #93 of 159
I just got some more info from the Florida AG on other courses of action that can be taken as well as the ongoing AG office investigation. Hope these links might help others, and I'll be following up on most of them today. Keep the pressure on!
--Toren

Quote:

You may also wish to contact the Internet Crime Complaint Center, a
combined effort of the National White Collar Crime Center and the FBI to
combat Internet fraud, by telephone at (800) 251-7581, or visit that
agency's website at:

Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home

The following websites may be helpful to you:

FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection

Florida Attorney General - Home Page
(follow the path at Consumer Protection/Protecting Yourself Against
Consumer Fraud)

In addition, you may contact the following consumer agencies as you seek
to resolve your individual complaint:

Federal Trade Commission
Toll-free: (877) 382-4357
Internet: Federal Trade Commission - Home

Better Business Bureau of Northeast Florida
Phone: (904) 721-2288
Internet: BBB of Northeast Florida: Home

Finally, Florida's Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act provides
individuals with a private remedy to bring an action for damages,
attorney's fees and court costs. If you need help finding a lawyer, The
Florida Bar offers a Lawyer Referral Service which you may contact
toll-free at (800) 342-8060. If you cannot afford to hire an attorney,
you may be eligible for low cost or pro bono assistance through a local
legal aid office. The Florida Bar can assist you with this process.

Aug 4, 2008 at 8:18 PM Post #96 of 159
Can you call USPS with that number and see if they actually received the package?
I got a USPS confirmation once, too. It turns out BV was just creating it to buy more time.

Aug 4, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #97 of 159
Yes, I have contacted USPS, Their answer is: "Thank you for contacting us about the status of your international mail item, LJ617708713US.

We apologize, no information is available for your international mail item. For further assistance regarding this item, the United States sender must call 1-800-222-1811".

Brad told me he really shipped out my cable, anyway I have filed the dispute at paypal. If I can't receive my cable within 2-3week, I request refund.

I think I am too late to come across this thread.

Aug 4, 2008 at 9:17 PM Post #98 of 159
Just now I called 1-800-222-1811, still " NO INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE"!

Before BV explained :

A pre-paid USPS Priority Mail label with Delivery Confirmation service, the package is simply given to the post office and the package is not scanned until it is delivered - Delivery Confirmation service confirms delivery only and is not true package tracking in the way we are accustomed to with other shipping services. Please understand this is typical and that is why the USPS web site does not show any updates or progress of the package in transit.

Aug 4, 2008 at 10:49 PM Post #99 of 159
I got the same "fake" shipping/tracking info last December. Never shows anything else and I never got any shipment of course.

If you paid Paypal, you have 40 days to dispute. Use that QUICK!!! before you pass the deadline. Hopefully you can get your money back.

Aug 5, 2008 at 1:52 AM Post #100 of 159
I received my cable today.I am in Australia. I ordered SENN 650 headphone cable on 21JULY, He shipped on 24JULY, I received today. After coming here, I am very worry deal with him. But finally I received my cable.

GOOD LUCK FOR EVERYBODY WHO DEAL WITH RAL!

Aug 5, 2008 at 3:35 AM Post #101 of 159
good for you amtb76.

This will not change the fact Brad from RAL is a crook! I want to kick myself why I can fall into this guy?! --- how can a church treasurer know anything about hi-end cables? Come think of it, this is such an obvious scam and I can't believe I fell for it.
frown.gif
I guess there is too much of 'religion' built into HiFi in now days, where science is the enemy, whereas faith triumphs over everything!
confused.gif

a tuition well paid by me!

Aug 5, 2008 at 5:38 PM Post #102 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by ast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
good for you amtb76.

This will not change the fact Brad from RAL is a crook! I want to kick myself why I can fall into this guy?! --- how can a church treasurer know anything about hi-end cables? Come think of it, this is such an obvious scam and I can't believe I fell for it.
frown.gif
I guess there is too much of 'religion' built into HiFi in now days, where science is the enemy, whereas faith triumphs over everything!
confused.gif

a tuition well paid by me!

I think you're jumping to some incorrect conclusions. The guy seems like a crook, nobody is debating that, but I don't think that has anything to do with the quality of his product or anything related to science. The lucky people who have received his cables have given them pretty high marks.

As to him being a church treasurer... what does that have to do with his ability to design cables? My grandfather was on the board of a church, the board of a bank, and running his law firm at the same time. Lots of people have side jobs.

Aug 6, 2008 at 4:16 AM Post #104 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by ast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
at this point, I have no interest of knowing whether crook Brad's cable is good or bad.

I hear you. I'd be on a plane looking to kick his ass.

Aug 11, 2008 at 10:07 AM Post #105 of 159
Earwicker, it's the fact that he's a church treasurer and is still willing to rip people off, and continue to happily rip them off even though he's been ripping them off for almost a year at this point!!! It's an outrage. There's nothing wrong with being a church treasurer. It's being one while actively running a scam that is downright heretical.
In fact, let me remind all of the phone number of his church. I suggest filling their answering machine every day until they get a clue and dump this loser.
Call (386) 503-4472, and speak to Pastor David Jacobs.
BTW, I'm very depressed that this thread, which used to be the third result for Revelation Audio Labs on Google has dropped off the first three pages!!! It's a damned shame and I don't know why. It was a great warning sign for new victims of this lowlife.
Also, thanks to those who have posted recently. It allows me to contact the AG and others again and point them to this thread to show that Brad is running an "ongoing criminal enterprise," which carries Federal penalties.
God, I hope this guy is stopped soon. It's horrible that people are still being ripped off by this scum. I'm annoyed that my regular contacts with TAS and Stereophile have yet to get any result. What more proof do they want than this thread and the one on Audio Asylum? Do they think we are all filing legal complaints out of boredom? This guy is an active criminal who needs to have people warned about him. Don't the magazines care? Shameful!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back