Revamp Acoustics
Sep 19, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #706 of 765
It's prototype of Class A portable headphone amplifier.
I'm not yet to continue developing PA10.

Hi Tj (just wrote you on website :))!

Just a quick one, what happened to the Op-amp that was under development (if I got it right) less than one year ago? Can someone in general choose the Op-amp for its taste (or are they interchangeable without soldering?!).

10033545.jpeg

Sep 19, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #707 of 765
Hi Tj (just wrote you on website :))!

Just a quick one, what happened to the Op-amp that was under development (if I got it right) less than one year ago? Can someone in general choose the Op-amp for its taste (or are they interchangeable without soldering?!).

I

I have tested literally dozens of different opamps in my P1 and the best I have yet found is the OPA1662. It is low distortion, low noise, low quiescent current and virtually perfect square-wave response. Tonality and timbre are very lifelike. Closest thing to a live performance I have heard. It is also "plug and play" when mounted on a DIP adapter. (It not available in a DIP-style case, only SOIC)

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #708 of 765
Great tnx.

I Hope battery shipping issue is solved nowadays.

And One thing I don't get is whether It Can behave as a DAC or Just as a "blind" DAP :)

Sep 19, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #709 of 765
You will have to check with TJ on the shipping issue. Yes, it can also act as a DAC by holding the "next track" button while powering it on.

Sep 20, 2018 at 4:30 AM Post #710 of 765
Checked but it seems at the moment nothing ready for shipping unfortunately :frowning2:

Btw I've posted a "wanted" ad on the forum, let's see if somebody will be in the mood of giving away an used one in the meantime!

Sep 20, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #711 of 765
Hopefully things will work out for you as the P1 is for sure in all respects a superb device. TJ might be willing to send one without the battery. It is not difficult to source one locally.

Sep 20, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #712 of 765
I do Hope so, let's see how things do evolve.

tjstyle, you're my only hope!

CoarseFloweryBarnacle-small.gif

:)

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2018 at 10:54 PM Post #713 of 765
Are there any other Op-amps besides the OPA1662 that work well with the nuansa P1? I am looking to get a few to try out.

Also, regarding the battery issue, I remember seeing that you can buy batteries on ebay for ~$10. I thought that the batteries were only an issue for the US an Thailand. It also seems that there are P1's ready to ship on the revamp acoustics website.

Sep 22, 2018 at 2:17 AM Post #714 of 765
It seems, but TJ wrote me It is unavailable at the moment.. Pretty strange!

Sep 22, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #715 of 765
Are there any other Op-amps besides the OPA1662 that work well with the nuansa P1? I am looking to get a few to try out.

Also, regarding the battery issue, I remember seeing that you can buy batteries on ebay for ~$10. I thought that the batteries were only an issue for the US an Thailand. It also seems that there are P1's ready to ship on the revamp acoustics website.
There are several that I have found that work well in the P1 such as the ADA4841 and ADA4004 (both of these can be a bit analytic) LME49860 (excellent) LTC6241HV (often called "solid tube") and LMH6655 (happy with all phones).

One thing that I look at in the datasheet is how accurately the opamp can render a squarewave. I find this nearly always is a good predictor of audio performance. (labelled in the data sheets as small signal transient response and large signal transient response). Frequency response is not an issue as the audio bandwidth is but a fraction of what opamps are designed to deliver. Other markers to consider are low quiescent current, low offset voltage and low noise. FWIW, price is not a good indicator of audio excellence when shopping for opamps.

:relaxed:

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #716 of 765
I have tested literally dozens of different opamps in my P1 and the best I have yet found is the OPA1662. It is low distortion, low noise, low quiescent current and virtually perfect square-wave response. Tonality and timbre are very lifelike. Closest thing to a live performance I have heard. It is also "plug and play" when mounted on a DIP adapter. (It not available in a DIP-style case, only SOIC)
Is this opamp a dual opamp?

Sep 27, 2018 at 2:13 PM Post #717 of 765
Is this opamp a dual opamp?
Yes..only dual opamps can be used in the P1. There is insufficient space inside to use a 2-1 SOIC-DIP adapter.

Oct 19, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #719 of 765
P1 back in stock in near future?

Oct 23, 2018 at 11:02 PM Post #720 of 765
some folks here might be willing to sell you a used one just ask

Users who are viewing this thread

Back