Returned New Westone 4's - Trying Klipsch X10i's
May 8, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #31 of 51
Quote:

Let me know. I'd be curious as to what you think.

I will certainly try when I get the time to. But judging the IE80 vs Westone 4 so far is that they both share a rather dark signature, the IE80 has more bass and a wider soundstage, and noticeably more "fun". As for the mids, the Westone 4s are better to me, which are more forward and gives you an "intimate" feel. As for the highs, both are rather smooth with the IE80 having a little more extension, but sounding deeper in return. 

May 8, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #32 of 51
Quote:

Better is purely subjective, of course. If someone said that the sound from their iPod Shuffle with stock buds sounded better than my HD650's and TTVJ amp, would they be wrong? For the record, the W4's were perfect in so many respects, but I just didn't connect to them sonically. And in the end, it's all about which components make your listening experience better for you. I've been really liking the X10's, and may keep them. But it seems I am trying to get a pair of IEM's that sound like my 650's. From all of the posts here, I think I may try out the IE80's.

The IE80s would be more of a step in that direction. The difference is that the IE80 will have more bass emphasis than the 650. More sub bass emphasis.

May 9, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #33 of 51
Quote:

The IE80s would be more of a step in that direction. The difference is that the IE80 will have more bass emphasis than the 650. More sub bass emphasis.

Oh oh - I feel the "purchase justification" part of my psyche starting to engage...  Must resist ... focus ...

May 9, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #34 of 51
Quote:
Quote:

Oh oh - I feel the "purchase justification" part of my psyche starting to engage...  Must resist ... focus ...

dont resist.  Purchase the IE80's... you will return your x10's in a day.

May 10, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #40 of 51
[size=medium]One more note on x10i[/size]

[size=medium]Buying x10i make more sense than x10, as they do not benefit from amp, all other IEM I have benefit from my E17 but not x10,[/size]
[size=medium]I usually buy IEM without controls as eventually I will use them with amp, but this went wrong with x10 [/size]

May 10, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #41 of 51
Quote:

[size=medium]Buying x10i make more sense than x10, as they do not benefit from amp, all other IEM I have benefit from my E17 but not x10,[/size]
[size=medium]I usually buy IEM without controls as eventually I will use them with amp, but this went wrong with x10 [/size]

But the X10i does seem kinda hard to power O_o

May 10, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #42 of 51
Quote:
Quote:

But the X10i does seem kinda hard to power O_o

I did try many a times with different songs and always found x10 do not gain with E17,
TF10 with E17 is huge huge gain

Users who are viewing this thread

Back