Return/ Resell JH13s?/ A Story of "Water" and "Air"
Dec 25, 2009 at 11:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

edwardsean

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,

I just finished my experiment with the JH13s. It's not hard to understand the following these IEMs have gathered. Among so many top tier attributes, there is an amazing sense of immersion (like a little audio scuba unit). The JH13s erase your room and immerse you in the space of the concert hall or studio recreated ambiance. Ironically, for myself, I've found I need my space for realism. I need the music brought into interaction with the air I occupy. To my ears, if not speakers, that means full-size circumaural open-backed phones. So, I've made the hard choice of parting with them.

I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on what options I have. From what I understand, I don't think they can be returned. I've heard remolds are available, so I'm wondering if I can resell them at a loss. At a certain point, it may just make the most sense to keep them, but does anyone know of some viable routes to recouping some of the cost?

Thanks.

Dec 25, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #2 of 26
Isn't it possible to take the insides and be reshelled into another custom.
So are you wanting to get rid of them because you need the money or the way they sound is unsatisfactory.

Dec 25, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #3 of 26
My advise is to sleep on it a while.

The best IEM's still can't deliver the illusion of space the way an open backed full sized headphone can. You have probably the best IEMs that money can buy and unless you are really strapped, I'd keep them. It'd be a shame if you unloaded them and later regretted it.

If you are 100% certain that you would like to unload them, I'd bet that Fisher could re-shell them for someone, but you should email them and ask.

Dec 25, 2009 at 11:47 PM Post #6 of 26
JH should remould them for you Roy, probably at a cost of $100 but don't quote me on that, thats the fee to change the colour of the shells so one would assume they would do the whole mould again with a shell colour change, so you could just ask like hey if I send you my impressions can you remould them. E-mail Jaime (though be aware they are away until 3rd Jan)

Dec 26, 2009 at 12:10 AM Post #7 of 26
Modifiedz,

I'm sure they are the best IEMs out there. However, I bought them as my main headphone, to replace full-size phones, as a few members here have done. In the end, I found I could not get used to them over full-size. So, I won't be using them, at which point cost definitely becomes an issue.

Dec 26, 2009 at 2:57 AM Post #8 of 26
Well if your 100% positive you cant get used to them, then there is no reason to have that much money sitting in a box.
I would be very interested in knowing how much of the cost your trying to get back.
You can PM me or feel free to post it here.
Thanks

Dec 26, 2009 at 4:17 AM Post #9 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
JH should remould them for you Roy, probably at a cost of $100 but don't quote me on that, thats the fee to change the colour of the shells so one would assume they would do the whole mould again with a shell colour change, so you could just ask like hey if I send you my impressions can you remould them. E-mail Jaime (though be aware they are away until 3rd Jan)

JH Audio will not reshell customs except for the original owner. I believe there are third party companies that will reshell them, however.

Dec 26, 2009 at 6:52 AM Post #12 of 26
Hi everybody,

This thread was actually for the purpose of gaining advice. I didn't intend this to be a "for sale" post. I still haven't made any final decisions, and I still need to contact JHAudio after they get back from holidays. It seems I accidentally opened a floodgate. Please don't send me PMs concerning purchase. I will post a proper post in the "gear for sale" forum, if I end up selling. Thanks.

Dec 26, 2009 at 7:42 AM Post #13 of 26
I see two Head-Fier's in this thread who have expressed an interest in relieving you of your IEMs. The other posts appear to be attempting to assist you.

So I'll ask again, how much time have you spent with your JH13 PRO's?

Dec 26, 2009 at 1:41 PM Post #14 of 26
In my limited experience with these companies and their agents, the customer care and service has been better than I've experienced anywhere really. They really are passionate about what they do and they tend to want your experience to be positive.

As I said to you earlier mate I hope they accept your return and I personally think it's good business if there's any scope of developing a long-term relationship with a customer. That's maybe your angle. Although as you say, maybe you won't be as active as some others on the IEM front. Personally I'm in the opposite position as I spend 20-30 hours travelling every week, so a portable set up is all I can really justify, and I need compactness and noise attenuation (both for my sanity and my long-term hearing).

Anyway, I you explore the idea of returning to the company again in future you'd have thought they would go the extra mile for you. That's certainly been my experience with ACS - in fact they've proactively gotten in touch with suggestions and just for a chat in fact. Their audiologist in particular.

I think they go for true Paddi Lund style marketing and the more you demonstrate that you respond to that, the more reasonable and 'caring' they're prepared to be, because chances are you'll spread their story, you know?

Anyway I'd maybe work that angle.

Dec 26, 2009 at 2:06 PM Post #15 of 26
To the OP, I don't understand your problem!so you say that you prefer your full size headphones because of the sense of space and soundstage that the 13pro doesn't provide?or you prefer your full size CANS because of comfort,size?can you elaborate more and tell us what full size headphones you have and why do you prefer them specificly?this is interesting thread and subject,I just subscribed to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back