Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead
Aug 31, 2022 at 7:40 PM Post #2,446 of 2,480
I will also take the plunge into streaming one of these days, it's inevitable.
I like the idea of removing my PC from the chain completely, but also wonder about sound quality changes.

I'm in no rush however, but that said, the next well-priced Lumin that comes along... :sweat_smile:
I am going to try to find some time this fall to do another round of comparison or streaming via wifi/Ethernet to direct pc file playback via usb to spdif and perhaps even then throw in an oldie but goodie cd transport to see if I’ve lost anything for convenience. As I recall now, one of the benefits of file playback over pc was it allowed me to run room correction software that I will not available with only the CD player as the front end. ☹️

Jan 17, 2023 at 4:52 AM Post #2,452 of 2,480
Hi CapeTownwatches. Thanks for your time on this buit I have the 4.38 and was looking for the v4.67 (see Post 2,431). There's two years development between them. The issue I have is when using ASIO stopping the app (foobar etc) will result in the DAC disappearing until a restart. I have emailed the contact at Thesycon but he has not come back to me.

Jan 17, 2023 at 4:58 AM Post #2,453 of 2,480
Hi CapeTownwatches. Thanks for your time on this buit I have the 4.38 and was looking for the v4.67 (see Post 2,431). There's two years development between them. The issue I have is when using ASIO stopping the app (foobar etc) will result in the DAC disappearing until a restart. I have emailed the contact at Thesycon but he has not come back to me.
I don't remember what I did last week let alone last August... :sweat_smile:

Apologies for the redundancy.

Jan 17, 2023 at 5:07 AM Post #2,454 of 2,480
I've been using Audio Player v2.114 x64 for a few months. I find that he has several arrows in his bow. @freddypip you can try it and see if it's a foobar conflict.
Album Player v2.114 x64.jpg

Jan 17, 2023 at 8:55 AM Post #2,456 of 2,480
An email with the 4.67 drivers has arrived - many thanks - I believe they are from Thesycon. Virus checked and installed and so far so good - PM me with your email address if you would like them emailed over to you.

Jan 20, 2023 at 6:02 PM Post #2,458 of 2,480
I just found this thread because my Invicta broke tonight. I guess there is still no one capable of repairing it?
First the Invicta started to turn it self off after a few minutes (relay clicked off). I was able to turn in on again, but the menu was not working correctly. After another start it was back to normal, but turned off after some minutes of listening to music. I decided to reflash the 6.2.4 firmware. Unfortunately it turned off during the process and is completely unusable now.

If I have to replace it what would you recommend. I need the some same sound quality. I really liked the swichable filters. I need USB in and XLR out.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Jan 21, 2023 at 3:01 AM Post #2,459 of 2,480
@schlaget very sorry for what happened. Regarding any assistance for repairs, I found this thing that should be investigated:
Link ebay (I hope I didn't make a mistake posting it), mentions RLabs, through Audio Concierge to be able to provide technical support. As for a possible replacement for the Invicta, I would propose a classic RME ADI-2 DAC FS without adding anything else.-

Jan 21, 2023 at 4:19 AM Post #2,460 of 2,480
Thank you for this interesting lead. I just wrote an email to audioconcierge. I will let you know, if they can help.

I will definitely take a look the RME. Do you have it? How does it compare to the Invicta or Mirus?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back