Repurchase UE TF10's, or Philips Fidelio S2?? I'm stumped!
Dec 4, 2013 at 12:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

IEMagnet01

Aka: IEMagnet, LeonardForbush, LanceP11, meekfella, BuddyGuy1, FredSavage, KillboyPowerhed, notthatguy.
I'm caught in a recent conundrum. I sold a couple iem's, and now I've built up the cash to purchase one last IEM for my collection. this will be the last one for awhile. I'm really missing my TF10's I sold earlier in the year, along with my UE 7 Pro's, and I'm looking into the repurchase of the TF10. The issue is that after lots of reading and research, I also want to buy the philips Fidelio S2. They just seem like they'd be such a great buy, deliver top tier sound, and maybe even rival the TF10 in SQ and instrument separation/clarity??? At roughly the same price, I can pull the trigger on either one, but only one. I would appreciate some assistance. What would be the best choice. I love slight to slightly dominant V-shaped signatures, though I've enjoyed more U-Shaped sigs in the past. The best iem's i've owned to date where I loved the sound signature are the TF10's, the Sennheiser IE800 AND IE80, the JVC FXT90, the UE 500, and the VSonic VSD1S. The running theme between all of these is that despite their wide differences, they ALL provide crystal clear instrument separation and clarity. I don't like congested soundstages or boomy intrusive bass. I like punchy articulate bass (ie all except the UE 500 and IE8). 

Dec 4, 2013 at 5:13 AM Post #2 of 7
decided to go with the S2's. Got a great deal on them. Might still buy a pair of TF10's later?

Dec 4, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #3 of 7
The closest sound signature to the TF10s are the Tpeos H-100. Probably you can consider that.

Dec 4, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #4 of 7
  The closest sound signature to the TF10s are the Tpeos H-100. Probably you can consider that.

Thank you. I am considering it. I looked it up, and it's got great reviews. Thanks again. 

Dec 5, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #5 of 7
I bought a pair of near mint T-PEOS H-100 for $80.00. I think that was a great deal. I'm done with iem purchases until probably next Christmas. Thanks for the heads up! Appreciate it. 

Dec 5, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #6 of 7
That was fast. I hope you like them because I prefer my GR07BE to it. Probably I should have told that earlier.

Dec 5, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #7 of 7
i owned and sold my GR07's. The bass was too dry/lacking for me, and the fit was unacceptable, though I love my VSD1S. I'll give them a try, and if i don't like them, I'll sell. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back