Report on DT880(06) after 30 hours .............
Jan 26, 2007 at 11:50 PM Post #16 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by auris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had some '05 DT 880s and sold them after a few months. On some recordings they sounded great; on others the top-end "shimmer" became objectionable. So, I moved on to K601s for all-rounders and have generally been pleased. No one can does everything well...at least, none that I have owned. I may buy another pair of DT880s (or whatever Beyerdynamic's top can is at the time) down the road.

And yes...the DT 880s were a bit more comfortable than the AKGs. The 880s are probably the most comfortable cans I've ever owned.

I feel pretty much the same. Although, the top end has mellowed a bit on my DT880s. Still, there are some "brightness" issues on some stuff - I end up reaching for the volume knob OR the K601.

Jan 26, 2007 at 11:59 PM Post #17 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use them with leather earpads instead of the stock velour. It provides MUCH more bass impact and slam.

I did try pleather pads with my 2003s and it sounded very strange. While the bass department really tightened up, the mids became somewhat croaking, and also soundstage was very peculiar.

If own original DT880/770 pads, DT440 pads and the mentioned pleather pads. None of my Beyers turned out to become better with pad changing. IMO Beyers seem to have some inbuilt "better keep everything stock" thingway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back