replacing virtual dynamics power III cryo treated cord with a no-name generic one
Nov 2, 2002 at 10:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

zzz

500+ Head-Fier
After a few month of having that cord in my system, I tried replacing it with some monitor power cord that I had laying around and was very pleased with the result. VD cord to Arcam was making the sound real boomy and veiled. Yes, soundstage was noticeably wider with Virtual Dynamics cord instead of a generic one but I found myself not willing to compromise clarity for soundstage. Oh well.

Nov 3, 2002 at 6:01 PM Post #3 of 6
I had some VD Power 1's in my system and noticed some definite HF rolloff. I upgraded to the Reference cords and now I'm fairly happy with the performance. Highs are restored and instrument space is definitely enhanced. Seems to me that the lower end VD cords are not where it's at...either up (to a better VD) or out (to another cord) is the way to go.

Nov 3, 2002 at 8:04 PM Post #4 of 6
zzz,
Out of curiosity, what did you have the VD cord plugged into (wall, power conditioner, etc.)?

I'm surprised you would use the word "veiled" with the Power 3. I had just the opposite reaction. I found the VD cords increased resolution immensely in my system.

Mark

Nov 3, 2002 at 9:18 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by markl
zzz,
Out of curiosity, what did you have the VD cord plugged into (wall, power conditioner, etc.)?

As Dan said, P300.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back