Replacing my amazing Sony X Series.... Need plenty of storage and excellent sound quality. Been looking into Cowon for a while now.
Aug 16, 2012 at 4:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

XxPinGuiNoOxX

New Head-Fier
Unfortunately my Sony X Series is going to have to be replaced quite soon, because occasionally it crashes and the only way to get it back on is with its usb cord. I used my X series with my ath-m50 headphones. Btw the sound was amazing! Any genre really. I listen to hardcore, classic rock, electronic, hip-hop, to pretty much anything you can think of and this cobo was just amazing. No amp necessary.  

Anyway, I've been looking into Cowon. I've been thinking about getting the new X9 or maybe the Z2. The only thing I use my players for is music, therefore the only thing that really matters is the sound quality, storage, battery life, and a decent touch screen (if it uses one). I'm leaning towards the X9, because of the excellent attery life and amazing storage capacity. $230 for a 32 gb and lets not forget the external memory storage. Any other suggestions. Keep in mind, I am the kind of person that likes to get the most out of there money (not cheap). 

One more question. I will probably be replacing my ath-m50s quite soon, would you recommend ultrasone hfi-780? like I said I listen to every music genre and the ath-m50 did a good job, but I want something even better now. What are some good closed cans to pair up with my new mp3 player (probably going to be the cowon x9, but I need some feedback). Perhaps the AKG k-701 would be a god choice?

Aug 18, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #2 of 3
The Sansa Fuze+, Sony A867 offers great soundquality with lineout to connect with external Amplifiers and few other DAPs like S:Flo 2, Samsung Galaxy 4, 5 are also great buy. 

Aug 20, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
The Sansa Fuze+, Sony A867 offers great soundquality with lineout to connect with external Amplifiers and few other DAPs like S:Flo 2, Samsung Galaxy 4, 5 are also great buy. 

I would not recommend the Fuze+....the touchpad controls are an abomination. Too bad, because it does sound good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back